Author Topic: INF14 The Shadow Knows Challenge -- Winner Announced  (Read 16685 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: INF14 The Shadow Knows Challenge
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »
You're right Daria, the outline is kinda hard to see on the screen---I had to turn my brightness up on the laptop and then I mainly see it at the top of the whale's head and his tail. 

The funny thing is, is that I suppose the outline is obvious in real life, but I feel like over the past couple of days that the outline is not as dark as the first day I did it…but it IS still there, so maybe I just got used to it???    ???

I have one whale stamping I was playing with to just add the outline to one side of the whale stamp…I'll try to get a photo to show that one later!
~~Melissa :)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
Melissa, that's an easy way of getting a more natural shadow.  I was thinking of that when I first saw this technique.  I'm glad it shows up in real life.  I'll have to try it on some other papers.  The VersaMark does lighten up when it's dry, but it shouldn't change after that.

Daria

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2014, 06:38:59 PM »
Here is one of the other whale stamping I did and I only outlined the bottom to show dimension that I was mentioning earlier today.

whale stamping

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
I finally uploaded my card.
Shadow Turkey
Sarah

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 12:34:35 PM »
Sarah, I'm so glad you managed to participate in this challenge.  I saw your card last night and left a comment in the gallery.  I must have been really tired because I thought I came back here to comment too; but there's nothing here.  I must have been dreaming.  Thank you for playing.  Love your card!

OK.  Now I'm going to start writing out names to go into the straw hat.  Darn.  Heidi just went somewhere.  Should I wait for to get back or just draw the winning name myself?  I'll wait a little while, but if she doesn't return soon, I'll just shake up those names and draw one.  I always fold them into little tiny pieces so they bounce around in the hat like little balls.  No way to see the names.  lol.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
 ;D  We trust you Daria!  But then Heidi has been doing your drawings for so many years ... we wouldn't want her to feel left out!  At least you don't have to wake her up this time!
Cindi

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »
Lol!!  oh my I totally forgot you have a helper when you draw your names Daria-----I was thinking "Where did Heidi (howdyheidi) go?  Is she offline---do we all need to be online for Daria to draw a name?" LOL!!  "Or is Daria talking about Heidi's name on a piece of paper and maybe it fell out of the hat and she's waiting for it to get back in??"  oh my! lol!!  Too funny!  my brain sometimes!   :D  :laughhard:

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 01:38:34 PM »
lol
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2014, 01:49:56 PM »
Melissa, thanks for the laugh! 

Cindi, not only did I not have to wake her up this time, but she got up and went to exercise class with me this morning right after I posted the Second Chance Challenge.  But the second we got back home, she was out the door. I suspect it was a McDonald's breakfast for her today.

As soon as she came in, I started shaking the hat, making those little pieces of paper bounce around.  Heidi still put her hand in there and stirred them up.  She always does that, and I laughed about it.  She drew a name and handed it to me.  I unfolded it and immediately thought, "How do you do that!?"  Can you guess whose name she drew first?  And for the second winner, she drew . . .

OK.  I know.  You want to know who won the RAKs.  Now don't get too excited because I haven't even bought them yet.  Well, I did buy something for a present for a friend in case what I ordered for her didn't show up on time, but it did.  So now I have a really cool gift that I was planning to keep.  Do I want to part with it?  Hmmm. 

Oh,  I still haven't mentioned the names that were drawn, have I?
Well, the first name was none other than . . .
my very good friend . . .
who almost never misses one of my challenges . . .
and does such beautiful work, . . .
Nora S.!

Congratulations, Nora!  You owe Heidi a piece of your great banana bread or one of your homemade chocolate chip cookies--any kind of pay-off will do.  lol. 

I suppose now you want to know whose name was drawn second.
This participant kept the discussion thread revolving with her helpful experiments and comments, and . . .
she managed to post her gorgeous card . . .
on the last day of Inktoberfest.
Have you guessed yet?
Congratulations, Sarah! (Craft Nerd)

Sarah, if you've moved since the last time, please send me your address.  Nora, I know where you live; I could find your place in my sleep!

Congratulations, Ladies, and thank you to everyone who participated.  I love the way some of you played even if you didn't have a VersaMark pen and appreciated the tips that were posted. 

Daria

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: INF14 The Shadow Knows Challenge -- Winner Announced
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 02:04:49 PM »
Lol!  That was great Daria!  You should get into story telling!  I sure enjoyed it.   

Congratulations Sarah and Nora!  and thank you Daria for hosting this challenge.  I am so glad for another option for the Versamark pen and it is a neat technique.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »
Congrats Nora and Sarah!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2014, 02:55:11 PM »
Woo Hoo!!  I have not moved.

And congrats to Nora S.

Daria - your announcement post was too funny and thanks for hosting.  It got me to use my much neglected embossing pen.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 08:10:53 PM »
Way to go Nora and Sarah!
This was lots of fun Daria, right up to the big reveal!  ;D  Thanks!
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 08:33:27 PM »
Daria, I am so excited!  I definitely will have some banana bread or chocolate chip cookies for Heidi!!!!  Too funny! 

Being away from home for most of the week, I was happy to be able to participate in the two challenges I was able to do before going away.

I Thank You so much for your fun challenge, and also congratulations to Sarah! 

Nora

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2014, 09:42:11 AM »
W0O Who!  Congratulations Nora and Sarah!
Thanks Daria for a fun challenge!