Author Topic: Color My World Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 8322 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Color My World Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED
« on: February 14, 2015, 08:48:17 PM »
If you're like me you have a variety of media for coloring your projects but you have a couple that are your fall backs that you use all the time.  I've notice that lately, I tend to color images with my Copics and create backgrounds using Distress Inks.  So the goal of this challenge is to get us to use some of our neglected coloring media.

Requirements: Use at least 3 different coloring media on your project.  By coloring media, I mean anything you can use to add color to a project.  Some examples: crayons, alcohol inks, distress inks, paint, color pencils, gelatos, markers, twinkle H2O, watercolors, etc.  You can use it to create a background or color a focal image.  If you use two different types of markers, like India ink and alcohol ink markers, those will count as two separate media.  The same goes if you use distress ink and pigment ink.  I hope that makes sense.

The only thing that will not count is ink used to stamp an image.  But feel free to use your ink pads in another way on the project. 

You must include at least one stamped image (not a sentiment)

Your project can be anything - ATC, card, Inchie, tag, scrapbook page, whatever floats your boat.  Although if you manage to work 3 different coloring media onto an inchie, I'll be really impressed. 

Be sure to link your project to this thread and in your post identify the 3 media you used (it is not always easy to tell from a photo).

Combining challenges: But of course.

Deadline: You have until midnight your local time on Sunday March 1 to post your project.

Examples:
For my kit projects for last month, I used at least 3 different coloring media on each.

For my kept kit butterfly tag, I used distress inks, alcohol inks, gelatos, twinkle H2Os and Farber Castell India ink markers.
Butterfly Tag

For my received kit, I used alcohol inks, gelatos, and Farber Castell India ink markers.
Flower Tag

I think that covers it.  But feel free to ask any questions here.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:20:00 PM by Craft Nerd »
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Color My World Challenge (2/21 to 3/1)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:48:06 AM »
Fun challenge! I have a slight addiction to coloring mediums so this challenge is right up my alley O0
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »
Great challenge, pal! I have some ideas & hope to play! #>
Daniel

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »
My favorite Nerd never ceases to inspire me! I  :smitten: this challenge! I have a few ideas already!  O0
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 08:26:56 PM »
Great idea for a challenge!  It is sortof like mixed media, but just coloring.  Cool!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 10:41:16 PM »
This is a great challenge!  And is just what I need!  O0
~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 10:26:59 AM »
I have an idea for this one today!
LeighAnn

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 11:58:09 PM »
Thanks Sarah for a great challenge and you kind comments! 

I love working with lots of coloring medium. And for my card I used DI stain, gesso, acrylic gold paint; Pearl Pen.

Here is my card.

Thanks for the fun!...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 08:12:43 AM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 09:15:56 AM »
Great use of different color media, ladies.  And thanks for playing.

Jan - when I left your praise, I hadn't realized you were entering it in my challenge too. I had just been cruising the gallery before bed last night.  I definitely like the combination of media you used on the piece.

Heidi - if you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have realized you used markers and color pencils on the at piece.  You blended them together so smoothly.
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 04:03:59 PM »
Thanks for a fun challenge. On the scallop I used Broken China stain all over it. I then applied blues, purples and silver alcohol inks in splotches. I sponged Distress ink - Dusty Concord around the edges. I stamped the butterfly using a marker on it and spritzing it with water. I then used my water brush to pull color in from the edges to make the lavender middle.

Stampwilly

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1110#top_display_media

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 09:27:29 PM »
Thanks for playing, Stampwilly.  Your card is lovely and someone is going to have a happy birthday indeed.
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:24 PM »
Here's my project:  flower with mountains

I went ahead with my project and used the ink and pen drawing.  I like the results, though I do want to play more with mixing stamps and the elegant writer and regular water-proof black pens together.  I still have trouble with watercolor pencils as I said in the description, and I think that is why I don't use them that often (also watercolor crayons too---I get lines also that don't go away when I add water).   :-\
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 01:23:50 PM »
Melissa - you did an amazing job on your card.  Thanks for playing.
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 08:32:32 AM »
I had so much fun with this one.

I just had to use an image that Sarah sent me in the February KIAE! I colored the entire piece with spectrum noir markers. Added shading With prismacolor pencils and crayola crayons.
Added little details with. Sakura glaze, gelly roll and stardust pens.

Thanks Sarah for hosting! I'm loving everyone's colorful entries!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1142
LeighAnn