Author Topic: WF15 Faux Patina Challenge (open 2/21-3/1) WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 14938 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Faux Patina Challenge (open 2/21-3/1)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 04:46:49 PM »
Heidi I was just thinking that with your challenge we don't have to worry about loose EP like we do when you emboss a stamped image!  yeah!! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 05:35:58 PM »
Sadie, wow, you are fast!  Thank you for completing my challenge. I really like your card and left praise in the gallery.  You have two entries in the RAK. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 08:49:22 PM »
So rubbing the ink pad on my embossed pieces did not work so well for me.  The first 2 I did, I got ink all over the piece. :tickedoff:  I had to rub powder off the debossed areas or I was going to have a solid piece of silver paper. 

So I used my brayer on the next 3 and it worked much better, except for the last one. I think part of the problem is that 4 of the folders I used are by Darice and they don't emboss as deeply as cuttlebug and Sizzix, which is fine when using regular cardstock, but not so go if your using watercolor paper and plan to ink the raised portions. 

I'll take pictures tomorrow when the sun is out. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 08:57:38 PM »
I'm getting ready to start on this one! I keep my cuttlebug in the garage. I hope it isn't frozen!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 09:01:50 PM »
So rubbing the ink pad on my embossed pieces did not work so well for me.  The first 2 I did, I got ink all over the piece. :tickedoff:  I had to rub powder off the debossed areas or I was going to have a solid piece of silver paper. 

So I used my brayer on the next 3 and it worked much better, except for the last one. I think part of the problem is that 4 of the folders I used are by Darice and they don't emboss as deeply as cuttlebug and Sizzix, which is fine when using regular cardstock, but not so go if your using watercolor paper and plan to ink the raised portions. 

I'll take pictures tomorrow when the sun is out.

Good observations. I actually had to do a bit of brushing off the extra powder on my sample that is the Darice folder (the poppy one) and the other two are Cuttlebug and Sixxiz.    Thanks for sharing!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 08:26:32 AM »
I made 2 backgrounds last night. One I don't like so much. I think it was a bad choice of folder and color combo.
I will share my pieces when I get them made into cards, hopefully today!
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 01:46:27 PM »
sorry I don't know how to do the links like you guys do, but here is the link to my first background I did : http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1081#top_display_media
Here is the link to the finished card : http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1082#top_display_media

I took the picture of the backgrounds in my craft room and the lighting wasn't good at all so that is why they look so different from the cards, I waited to take pictures of them today using daylight

Here is a link to the background of my second try : http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1083#top_display_media

And here is the link to that finished card : http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1084#top_display_media

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 04:38:45 PM »
Connie, great work!  I left praise in the gallery.  Both cards are really pretty!  Thank you for doing my challenge. You get three entries total since you posted the backgrounds and then 2 completed projects!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »
Great cards, Connie.

To put the link in, just click on the button with the globe on it - the second one from the left in the row just above the smiley faces.  A box will pop up, you paste the url in the box, click ok and then you can name the link.
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 07:18:08 PM »
here are just my BGs I did tonight....I am still working on if I am making these two into a card:

flower swirls

This was fun though...I do want to try a few different ways to add the versa mark and see the results.  I do have a "lapis" color metallic EP that might be fun!

Thank you Heidi for a fun and creative challenge!!
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »
Melissa, what a pretty result.  That pesky copper embossing powder is lovely though! I may have to put that on my wish list.

Thanks so much for taking the time to play in my challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 07:24:32 AM »
I'm loving everyone's results so far and have seen some EFs I need to add to my collection!

Melissa, I know in your upload you mentioned having trouble with static cling,  I don't have one of those powder tool things so I use a baby sock with baby powder and cornstarch in it and it works pretty well. Sometimes I will use a dryer sheet too!

Here's my finished card using one of my backgrounds- you'll see some stray powder made its way but I think it gives a distressed look to it so I left it on there instead of trimming it off.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1093

And here's a background I did that I'm kinda stuck on what to do. I don't love it, don't hate it but not sure what direction to go in next!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1094
No idea why my picture is warped looking.

This was a fun technique challenge, Heidi! After looking through my EFs last night, I picked out 2 folders that I just have to try this technique on. I'm hoping I can find time to do so soon.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:30:31 AM by lovepug2 »
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 08:09:14 AM »
LeighAnn I really like your finished card.  And I think your other panel is a nice background too.  I am glad you played along and that you enjoyed this challenge!  Thank you. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »
LeighAnn, I commented on your background your having trouble with left an idea, love the idea of your teal embossing powder, may have to go get me some of that  ;)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 10:41:21 AM »
Thank you Heidi, Connie and Mellisa for your suggestions.
It's such a detailed and pretty embossing folder, i sometimes have a hard time with bold images.
LeighAnn