Author Topic: WF15 Doodle  (Read 8841 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: WF15 Doodle
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
Oh that was a lot of fun!!  I have to make another one.... I will post mine soon...had to get out of the room b/c of the stinky EP from earlier challenge...

I have another stencil that's plastic, that I want to try.  But I wanted to ask if it was ok to make a new stencil using the Cameo, punches, or dies?  I'm not sure I'll get that far, but wanted to ask just in case!   I am thinking of an image I have in my silhouette software I think would be neat to do.
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »
Yes Melissa go for making your own stencil as you like.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 05:00:48 PM by Far North »

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 07:01:17 PM »
I never thought of making a stencil, I just figured I would need to pass because I don't have any realistic stencils.  My stencils are all shapes, circles, dots, chicken wire, stuff like that.  I will now need to put some more thought into this.  LOL and thank you!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 07:04:38 PM »
Here is my finished piece: holly doddle

This was so much fun and I did not once feel stressed!  TY Jan for a fun and relaxing challenge.  You chowed me another way to look at stencils! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
Sadie, that's great if you what to make a stencil. But truly the stencils you have could also add texture lines. You could make groups of circles or chicken wire openings into larger shapes and doodle to make patterns with the stencil. Remenber to have fun!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
Thanks for the challenge Jan.  I hope I read it right ... I was a little unclear because it seemed you wanted us to make a background ... but then you also wanted it to be the focal point?  I hope this fits the bill ok.  Heidi mentioned the Elegant Writer in her response and that got me thinking ...

I used the Elegant Writer to outline the pebble shapes in my Folk Art Pebble stencil, then I used a stable Pitt artist pen to do the doodling.  I can find zentangle relaxing even though it's somewhat structured so I did a little doodling and a little tangling.

Going in Circles

Hope you like it!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 10:20:40 PM »
Oh Cindi you created a wonderful card.  I am so happy you added the Elegant Writer to your card!  Such inspiration for the rest of us! Many thanks for playing in this challenge! 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 08:56:03 AM »
You guys are really selling that pen!  Great entry, Cindi!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 01:42:48 PM »
This was a fun challenge. I used my stencil 3 times and decided to use a white Prisma pencil on black to go with my quirky birds. Here is my entry.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1123#top_display_media

Stampwilly

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 03:25:40 AM »
Thanks April for sharing your doodles!

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:22 PM »
I don't know if my entry will qualify or not.  I made a scrapbooking page with doodling on it.  This turned out being hard for me.  I decided on the scrapbooking page because then I could keep it and include it in a scrapbook.  I guess I am not a doodler.  I did use color in my doodles, I so wanted to apply paint or ink or something in the circles.......LOL

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2015, 08:49:05 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1178&message_id=3eb6828d952b12fa8b274f9c2146423b&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

This is an ATC card that I made.  Background is from my backgrounds stash.  Used a stencils that I purchased from Hobby Lobby.  It is the six shapes underneath the fish.

Then I started doodling and this is not a technique that I really enjoy, but decided to give it a go.  As A result, I was surprised to find a fish amoung my doodling.  The other doodling objects seems to be some sort of ocean topography.  Was a surprise to me.  In the future, I believe I will leave doodling to others.

Thanks for the challenge.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2015, 10:12:13 PM »
These cards have been done since last weekend but I'm only now getting them posted.  I kept that fairly simple with just the stencil and the doodling.  Although, I made add something to the pinecone one later if I can figure out what it needs.

Pinecone Doodle

Branch Doodle
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »
Wow Sarah, Ann and Sadie...great work!  I appreciate your trying my challenge in spite of not enjoying doodling!  That's okay, I don't like to color. Glad you joined the challenge! 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:15:26 PM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 11:13:10 PM »
I have selected a winner of the RAK for this challenge.

by a random drawing...

And the winner is........

Iring! #>

Congratulations!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:17:03 PM by Far North »