Author Topic: Inks/Inky questions and help  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Inks/Inky questions and help
« on: July 15, 2014, 06:28:25 PM »
I think we need a separate place to ask questions about stamping (not just chatting)  Can we have something like that?

I have a question.  As I am making my post card, I have stamped with Versafine black (my standard go to black) and I am using yellow copics and I can't get a true yellow.  Is there a company that make a good yellow for ducks.  Also as I am coloring, the back stamp is bleeding in.  Any suggestion

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Inks/Inky questions and help
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:51:35 PM »
I replied in the general chat where you posted this and I think that we should just feel free to add new threads in the General Chat forum with our separate questions and discussions.  I think this is the way many of us are used to dealing with this and it is a good way to get a lot of attention to your question, since oftentimes we are anxious for an answer to our questions. 

I do not think we need a separate forum for Questions so people don't have to click to often to see all the threads.

That is my two cents and then some... ;)
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »
Ann I hope you don't mind but I moved this thread into the general chat for you so more people would see it and respond.

I haven't had much luck with versifine for stamping and coloring.  I use memento black or ranger archiever black I think it is, I don't have it here but will look when I get home for sure.  The memento black tuxedo I believe works with my alcohol inks which is what copics are, have you tried that black ink.  I have never used copics so I can't answer the question about a true yellow for ducks.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 07:40:17 AM »
Sadie,  thanks for doing that, I am still finding my way on the board.   I appreciate all that you are doing for us.  O0

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 08:38:14 AM »
To answer part of your question -- you must use Memento black ink when coloring with copics. That is the only ink I know that will not bleed with them. That is what I use all the time with them.

Stampwilly

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 10:24:38 AM »
 StampWilly's comment is what I have seen posted over the years.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 11:11:24 AM »
Ann, I love versafine ink but typically just use it for sentiments. I think its a great ink for getting a clear image.
I don't own any copics but I have tried it with alcohol based markers and colored pencils and the ink bleeds. Memento is a great ink for copics and alcohol based markers. I think you can also heat emboss images and use copics too if you wanted too.
LeighAnn

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 12:16:09 PM »
Thank you for your responses, they have been very helpful.  I have the Memento Black and when Achievers had their closing sales in our Orem store was able to buy the ink in other colors - they were the ink pads that they had used in their classes and they are still great ink pad.  I will now remember to pair them with copics.

I haven't done much embossing, still a little scared of it, I will start as I know that really helps keep the coloring clearer.    Must brave the embossing powders and embrace them and the heat gun. 

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 09:24:03 PM »
The embossing breaks down and bleeds some too when coloring with copics. I have done it, but you must be careful.

Stampwilly

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 05:39:00 PM »
Hey Ann, what yellow Copics did you use for you duck?  You said you were having trouble getting a true yellow. 
Sarah