Author Topic: StazOn Midi Pads  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
StazOn Midi Pads
« on: October 22, 2014, 01:35:36 PM »
Boy! Am I gonna hate myself in the morning. but I ordered a set of 12 Midis today! :idiot2:  ;D

As I shared on the Oct Oldies & Ongoing Chat, I wanted more glossy white card to play with. Found that Ellen Hutson carried it so I bit the bullet & placed 2 packs (10pc) in my cart. So far so good, eh? Then I made the mistake of looking around the 'store'. :laugh: I found a nice set of chevron dies @ a decent price. In the cart they went. Still wasn't spending beaucoup $s.

'Course I couldn't leave well enough alone... As I already shared, I had purchased a StazOn midi (black) & liked how it worked. It's half the size of a full-size pad & doesn't have an interior shield. But the lid on the midi seems to seal the ink nicely & I don't have to worry about keeping track of a separate sealer. Well! I found that Hutson carries the midis in 12 colors. I was going to cherry pick a few colors, but if I bought the entire set I saved 10%. I was doomed. :tickedoff:

For those who may not have used solvent inks, I urge you to consider getting 1 or 2 (or 12!). Why? Because solvent inks will stamp & bond onto almost any material--glass, ceramic, metal & plastic.

I plan to use mine to make a few gifts for Christmas & have lots of glass, ceramic & metal stuff to use.

Happy to enable.... #>
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: StazOn Midi Pads
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »
I would be interested to hear if they have less odor than the old ones...I believe that is a part of they promotion.  I don't use the ones I have unless I really must use a solvent ink because I don't like the odor.  BUT the new colors look wonderful!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:02:33 PM »
Looser, I have been really interested in those midi pads ever since I saw them come out with them laast CHA.  I especially liked the neat color of purple it came in.  I am glad to hear your review of them.  I also like the smaller pads when they work well because of my limited storage space.

I bet you will really enjoy them!!!

I did not know they were supposed to be low odor.  The "almond extract" odor of the old ones never bothered me too much, but I know others are more sensitive. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 03:54:49 PM »
I would be interested to hear if they have less odor than the old ones...I believe that is a part of they promotion.  I don't use the ones I have unless I really must use a solvent ink because I don't like the odor.  BUT the new colors look wonderful!

They might be less-odor, Jan. I've always had little problem with 'fumes', but can appreciate that others can be very affected by them.

Heidi. Yeah! 'Almond extract' is exactly the odor! TY! I really like the fact that these are smaller pads. Better control  & if they don't have good shelf life, I won't have lost as much coin. KWIM?!

And I negelcted to add that I also bought a stamp & die combo set! I was definitely on a roll today! :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 11:21:03 AM »
Congrats on your purchase Looser.  I purchased the entire set of momento minis and the distress ink minis instead of buying more full sized ink pads.  I am really pleased with the smaller size.  I have less problem storing them and they work the same as the full size pads as far as I can tell.  I didn't realize that stazon also had smaller sized pads.  I might now have to look into them too.....LOL you enabler you....
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
LOL, Sadie! You're 'welcome'. Gawd knows I've been enabled by many myself over the decades--well before I ever got online.

TH's Distress pads were my intro to smaller pads & I'm even happier with the shape & size of StazOn's midi pads. My gut says that smaller size pads are going to rule the market.

Now I'm wondering if the marker/pen mfrs will be producing 'half-size' products? Might be a good way to get folks to buy more. I'm thinking they'd be the size & shape of 'standard' wax crayons. You never know? ;)
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »
 :knockout: :D ??? :idiot2: is it bad that I like the smell of stazon!?!

First off, I love stazon inks and will definitely give the small ones a try next time I order.
Second, I love the packaging! Very pretty design.

I really like smaller ink pads. One, they're easier to store for me since I don't have a designated craft space.
Two, they're a bit more affordable to try out different brands.

I own several of the dew drop pads as well as a few distress mini's. Unless your using large images they're not too bad to work with.

Thanks for the enabling, Daniel #>
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 02:43:09 PM »
Oh they make MINI- stazon pads!?  I did not know that!

I just bought my first stazOn pad + reinker sold together last weekend….for $1.44.    :o I guess someone had gotten into the package and separated the reinker from the pad and lost the squeegee…but I figure I can use an old gift card instead to spread ink and I found the reinker right below the package unharmed.   ???   So for that price I thought, I'm going to try this. 

I really like the idea of the minis though, so depending on how it goes with the one I just bought, I will be looking into the minis.  TY Daniel for sharing!  and have fun with them! 
~~Melissa :)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 04:17:20 PM »
I'm with you LeighAnn, I am a Stazon sniffer too, lol. Love that smell!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 11:17:41 AM »
Melissa. That is a good deal for the pad & reinker. Given your penchant for working with various materials, I really believe you will enjoy working with solvent ink. FWIW. Tsukineko calls the halfsize pads 'midis' on case you do a search for them.

I first tried out StazOn because I wanted another option than paint for stamping on glass & acetate. One thing I quickly discovered was that it was easy to over-ink with them--just like many pigment inks. I also found that most non-poreous surfaces are very slippery. I still have to be careful not to move the stamp for a crisp image. That said, I keep a bottle of acetone-based polish remover handy. That way I can erase mistakes, Note. Those with sensitivity to fumes--a very real concern for many crafters--will want to use both the inks & remover in a well-ventilated area.

I definitely like the shape of the midi pads. They're like a quatrefoil & that allows me to grip them in a very comfortable fashion.

LOL, SWL! When I worked as a shipper, we used big markers & many of joked about the 'smell of a new Sharpie in the morning'.
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 01:59:03 PM »
If the ink pads really do smell like almond extract, I'll have no problem---I'll actually have to remind myself to back off!  I love the way almond extract smells when I cook with it!!   :smitten:   

Now the thing I am worried about is what the cleaner will smell like.  I hope that is not terrible.  I went to the store to buy cleaner and all Michael's and Joanns had was the spray kind.   :(  I really do not want to be spraying cleaner all over everything in my craft room.  I thought maybe I could remove the spray top and use a cotton ball, but I did see that on Joanns.com they sell StazOn cleaner with a dauber top so I'll just wait until they have a good shipping sale or no-shipping sale (which happens closer to Black Friday and December).    Thus the hard part with that is I have to wait to use my new ink…   :-\   

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »
Melissa! I loveya, but... You are building your own roadblocks! And I have done that many times myself--truly BTDT, pal!

Don't sweat cleaning the stamps, just use them with your StazOn!

If you insist on 'worrying' about cleaning your stamps & feel you have to use StazOn's cleaner? Spray it on a paper towel, dab & wipe.

Personally? I like my stamps to be like me...Down & dirty! Funky is fun... :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 03:41:33 PM »
yellowcherries I use the spray cleaner in one of those pad holders.  You spray the pad and then swipe your stamp back and forth over it, then wipe the stamp with a nonalcohol baby wipe.  It does a good job and no spraying all over your craft area.  If you get the pad wet with the spray you don't need to respray every time, the stamp scrubby stays wet a long time.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 07:17:26 AM »
Teehee ;D Glad I'm not the only one that likes the smell!

Daniel I love the shape of those midi's. I think that really would make them nice to work with.
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »
I have those scrubby pads Sadie!!  That's how you use the spray!  Well I think now I will be making a trip to Michael's with 50% off coupon in hand this week!   O0