Author Topic: May Distress Color - Twisted Citron  (Read 3319 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
May Distress Color - Twisted Citron
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:17:26 AM »
http://rangerink.com/new-distress-twisted-citron/

I like it. I do not have shabby shutters, so I am looking for the comparison video to see if I think they are different or not. 

Here it is:
http://timholtz.com/new-distress-twisted-citron/

Actually, they look a lot different.  Citron looks like a neon green compared.  Have they finally come up with a really new, new color?  What do you think?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: May Distress Color - Twisted Citron
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »
It certainly looks like a brighter green on my screen, Heidi. I see yellow overtones, but rather like the new color. I don't have 'mowed lawn', but it & citron look like they'd both be useful.

I can citron working well with many of the other DI colors. TFS, Heidi.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 12:45:31 PM »
Hey Daniel.  Thanks for chiming in.  I am glad it is bright on your screen too because we do know that makes a difference!

I do have the mowed lawn and I have always liked the brightness of it, and it will be fun to have the brighter new color too. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 12:25:43 PM »
I viewed Tim's video on his website where it only fills part of my monitor screen so there is enough space that I can also see the photo of the green color card on the blog at the same time.  While his color card in the video shows citron as a bright green it is not the bright neon yellow-green color shown in the bllog.  It looks like it is the same card used at 2 different times perhaps the difference is his lighting set-up rather than our monitors. Anyways I like non-neon version photo in his video...I hope that is what it will be!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 12:30:41 PM by Far North »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 01:00:50 PM »
Good point about 'lighting', Jan. Whether it's for photography or videos, lighting can greatly alter how a color looks.

Funnily enough, when Heidi described 'TC' as "almost neon compared to (shabby shutters?)" all I read was the "neon". LOL. I agree that 'TC' is probably not what I would call 'neon green', but it does seem to be a nice bright hue. It is somewhat of a lime cast to my eye, but the yellow in the color takes the edge off it being a pure lime green. KWIM?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 01:03:24 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 01:02:36 PM »
I viewed Tim's video on his website where it only fills part of my monitor screen so there is enough space that I can also see the photo of the green color card on the blog at the same time.  While his color card in the video shows citron as a bright green it is not the bright neon yellow-green color shown in the bllog.  It looks like it is the same card used at 2 different times perhaps the difference is his lighting set-up rather than our monitors. Anyways I like non-neon version photo in his video...I hope that is what it will be!

That was a very smart idea, Jan!  I usually maximize the video just by habit, so I went back and did as you describe and I do see the difference.  Since I have the mowed lawn color, I kindof made a judgement based on how I know that one looks in person versus how it all looked on my screen. 

I think I would like the color either way.  I hope the rest of the year's colors are as good as this one is. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2015, 11:31:27 AM »
Thank you for posting this.  I like this color much better then last month's color.  This one I might actually order.  It does seem like a "new" color not just a small variation of an "old" color.....LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 07:56:53 AM »
I really liked this one. It seems like its very different than any of the other greens. It seems like a nice companion to mowed lawn. I loved on the video how it looked with tumbled glass.

I really like watching his videos where he shows the comparisons with other colors. Pretty smart marketing move.

We are almost halfway through the year and so far most of the colors have been on the brighter side. I'm curious if they will keep coming up with brighter hues?

I would like to see some blues that are more navy or a cornflower color. A purple that's a little brighter than dusty concord but no pink undertones like seedless preserves would be nice. Any colors you all would like to see?
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 08:19:27 AM »
I am glad to hear many of us like this new color.

LeighAnn, for me, chipped sapphire works for a dark blue.  I also would like to see a new purple.  Like a more true purple.  Dusty concord is distressed looking (yes, I know they are distress inks) and I love seedless preserves, but I think a bright purple would be nice.

I am also looking for a peach inkpad. I do not have one in any line. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 12:02:18 PM »
A peach distress color would be nice!

I think I've seen a Wplus9 peach color? It's either that or Simon Says Stamp. I can't recall which one but both of their inks are the same formulation as hero arts inks.

I'm not sure I have chipped sapphire, I need to pick that one up. I do have the marker but it's more of a purpley blue. It drives me crazy that the markers aren't a perfect match to the ink pad.
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 09:42:16 PM »
Peach would be nice.  And I still agree that a true purple would be great. 

This month's color is definitely in the maybe column.  I like how bright it appears and that it looks it has yellow undertones.  So far, the only new colors I've been interested in are this one and cracked pistachios. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 01:42:09 PM »
I will probably get twisted citron eventually. I like how it works with mowed lawn and tumbled glass

So far I've purchased the abandoned coral and the cracked pistachio. I'm not really interested in the mermaid lagoon or the fossilized Amber. I *might* get them eventually if I come across a good sale!

I have to say I LOVE  the cracked pistachio. It's so different than any of the other greens.
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 10:15:44 PM »
LeighAnn - how do you like the abandoned coral?  I really love coral but from Tim Holtz's video, it looked really similar to worn lipstick. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »
Sarah, so far I like it but it really is very similar to worn lipstick and a bit like ripe persimmon. To me,  it's a little too pink to be called coral.
LeighAnn

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
Sarah, so far I like it but it really is very similar to worn lipstick and a bit like ripe persimmon. To me,  it's a little too pink to be called coral.
LeighAnn