Author Topic: Scrapbooking Sad Times  (Read 5638 times)

Offline neyw

• Stampers
Scrapbooking Sad Times
« on: September 15, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
I am in the process of deciding if I will scrapbook the recent flooding we experienced.  I have so many pics of the damage we took for insurance purposes. I think I am still to close to it and will just make mention of it in my project life album.  Anyone else dealt with this kind of topic? Did you feel it helped or were you still to close to it?

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Scrapbooking Sad Times
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »
I do not scrapbook but I can tell you this.  My grandparents first home was destroyed in a terrible and historic tornado in the 70's.  They did take photos afterwards or their destroyed house and belongings.  It is interesting to our whole family to look at these photos so many years later.  In a way, it shows resilience.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
I do scrapbook and I have scrapbooked not so happy times.  I think if I was doing it I would take those flood photographs and print them out and then compare the damage to the fixed.  I would also do a sort of running comparison about the things that were lost that we are living without just fine so we must not have used them very often and the things that I needed to replace right now because I need them every day.  A little history lesson on things that we owned and used against things that owned us and we took care of but didn't really use.  I would take the whole experience to use pictures to show myself what I really needed against what I thought I needed but could actually get by without.  I am strange like that though, I use a lot of my life experiences to teach myself lessons and record it in my scrapbooks.  I hope my grandchildren get the lessons I have learned by looking at my scrapbooks after lunch on Sundays........I don't know if they do or not but I hope so.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Wren176

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 09:07:09 AM »
I realize this is an old thread but just wanted to say I have to let some time pass so I can look at the pictures without being as emotional. My 9 yo niece was killed in a car accident about 4 years ago and I am just now getting to the point where I can do what I want with the pictures artistically versus sitting down and crying over her loss as I go through the pictures. I suppose every circumstance is different though.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »
Awww Wren,
I'm late to the conversation here too.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I think I'd need to wait awhile too.

Good luck with your project Neyw.  I hope it gets easier for you.  With an impending hurricane off the coast of FL (Eric) I'm reminded at how the news carries stories of disasters for maybe a week, but the recovery takes much, much longer.  I'm sure it was the same with your flooding.  And if you're in a small town, you can get overlooked completely while they cover the bigger city, even if all they had was a power outage!

Take care Wren and Neysa!
Cindi