Author Topic: Alcohol ink embossed resist-- Winner announced  (Read 5198 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Alcohol ink embossed resist
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 11:04:13 PM »
I know (she) Jennifer said this in the video, but I was surprised how much AI this (technique) used.

I agree Heidi that I was surprised at how much ink soaked to the backside of the watercolor paper.  I had initially thought about covering the paper with gesso to avoid the using so much AI but I decide that would not meet the purpose of this technique.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »
Well, I messed up a little on this technique and used regular cardstock instead of watercolor paper.  I just forgot and am sorry.  However, I feel like it probably worked very similarly to watercolor paper compared to how it looked on the video.  I didn’t even realize I messed up till I read Jan’s comment this morning!

Here is my completed card. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4374#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 10:17:46 PM »
I think I was at an all time record s l o w this week! 
I think I have the flu, luckily not the stomach variety.  But the sneezing, coughing, aching, just like the medicine commercials variety!

I embossed backgrounds yesterday.  Alcohol inked this afternoon and finally made a card tonight!  I'm glad I finished!  Sorry I had to photograph at night.

Here are my backgrounds.

And here is my card.

I tried finishing the card by die cutting a sentiment from the same glimmer gold, but it just didn't pop.  I also tried a kind of raspberry red metallic, but wasn't crazy about it, so finally settled on a tree and cardinal!  I'm happy with my finished card.  I hope to use the other backgrounds soon.

I also tried some metallic mixatives but I wasn't crazy about how they turned out.  Maybe I didn't shake long enough?  The inks really don't like to move at all on watercolor paper!  I did swipe with blending solution.

Thanks for the challenge Connie!
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 04:21:10 PM »
thanks both of you for giving it a try,
Heidi, I think yours worked out ok even though it wasn't watercolor paper, pretty design on your card.
Cindi, I really love the gold embossing you did with those colors, perfect background for your card!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
Re: Alcohol ink embossed resist-- Winner announced
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 12:19:06 PM »
Sorry to be late, I just can't get my head straight after being away for 2 days... my hubby drew

Jan's name

I will try to get the package out in the next couple of days.

Thanks to everyone for trying the technique

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 02:29:29 PM »
Congrats, Jan!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 06:05:33 PM »
Thanks Connie for a fun challenge!  I look forward to my lil surprise!...Jan

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 09:29:41 PM »
Jan I sent your package and after I got back home from the post office there was the card I made so I sent that off today so you will get them separately