Author Topic: 3 x 2 cuttlebug embossing folders - do you have and are you using them?  (Read 2210 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
As I have been trying to organize my craft room and evaluate what to keep and what to use more often I found that I have quite a collection of these 3 x 2 cuttlebug embossing folders that first came out with the cuttlebug.  They have not been used in some time.  I am planning on having my grandson help me this week end to emboss each on card stock to remind myself of what I have and then try to use.

What are you doing with yours and please give suggestions on using them more often.  I know that I could use them on Tags, but I am more of a card maker than a tag maker.

I know that I have not been active of late, but I am still making cards.  Have been making some for Caring Hearts, Cards for Hospitalized Children and still some for Operation Quiet Comfort. 

Recently finished a year or two process of getting all of my acrylic stamps in notebooks by type.  A lot of them had just been resting in a large big.  Had my cleaning lady help me get started, now all I have to do is find a place to put the notebooks within easy reach.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: 3 x 2 cuttlebug embossing folders - do you have and are you using them?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
Hi Ann! Nice to hear from you!

I don't have any 3x2 CB EFs. Can you share pix of yours? Might help us help you.

The CB EFs I haven't used much are the 'border' ones.
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 02:52:37 PM »
Oh Ann I have missed you here...so glad you posted!

I have some of the orginal small embossing folders...including some with sentiments which I have only ever used a couple times.  What I do love to use is a set of that look like hand stitched frames.  They frames fit inchies perfectly!  I just made some tags with some and attached 2 pics but I have done the same and used them on cards.  They can really make one inchie become the focal point for a card.

Don't get too buried in all the organization that you miss stopping by here!
...Jan
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:59:25 PM by Far North »

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 09:06:13 PM »
Far North, those are exactly what I am talking about.  I also have some that are die cuts - will be cutting those out as well.  My favorite is a frog  with his tongue out.  Who knew when those first came out that would come out later. 

I also have some border ones as well. 

Can't wait to cut out the pirate  series.

Hope to get some uploaded in the near future.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »
Hi, Ann!

I have those.  No, I haven't used them in a while. 

Recently, I pulled them out, looking for small tag dies.  After that, I took them all out and added them to my Inventory List so I'd remember they were there.

I do remember seeing some of the small dies used.  I think Annie (aflmn?) used to use them, and she made darling cards.  I think I can use the cowboy/horse/hat set and the train/plane/dump truck set.  They would make cute children's cards. 

I have used the Dandelion die; I really like that one.
Dandelion Die Card and Dandelion Tag

Some of these were die cut with Cuttlebug dies:
Serendipity Die-Cuts

Die-Cut frame around the sentiment

I'll be checking back to see what others have done with them.

Jan, those frames are nice; I'm pretty sure I don't have those.

Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »
I do not have any, but have wondered what I would do with them. Good question Ann!  I like seeing the ideas here. I think if I had some that were sentiments, I might use them over a fun technique background. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 11:05:36 AM »
In addition to those, I also found Quick Cut  die cuts that are the same size.  Cutest elephant and saddled horsie.  I am also cutting those out and might start using them. 

Now that I have looked at them, I don't think I can get rid of them. 

Maybe I will use them on tags, and the put the tags on fun PP.

Really do like the larger ones better as you can use the full size or cut them down. 

But Grandson and I have had fun running them thru the Cuttlebug and of course using up scrap paper. 

I also like the sentiments one.

Thanks for all of the responses and discussion.