Author Topic: Storage for embossing folders ( size of folders 4.5 x 6.5)  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
Storage for embossing folders ( size of folders 4.5 x 6.5)
« on: March 09, 2015, 05:48:59 PM »
I have outgrown my storage system for my Cuttlebug embossing folders.  Looking for a new system.  Any suggestions?  Any and all will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Re: Storage for embossing folders ( size of folders 4.5 x 6.5)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:34:17 AM »
Ann, what storage do you have your EF in currently? 

I too an trying out a new storage system to see if I like it.  I did have all my folders in a Sterlite drawer; they laid next to each other in two rows and you had to pull them all out to go through them to find the one you wanted.

Right now, I have them all in a basket like a filing system, each in it's own paper folder.  This is where I got the idea: 

I saw this video on youtube by The Paper Boutique (link here)---and she starts showing the system at around 3:50 on her video.  She has organized her EFs according to color and category, but I just used basic kraft paper to do mine.  AFter watching her video and finding out where she got the idea and file for her cameo to cut out each folder, it took me to okieladybug.com.   Using a cutting machine (cricut/cameo/etc) to cut out each folder makes it easier, but you could "do it by hand" and make a templet of a paper folder to use with each EF like they do.  Then you'd use that templet to cut out the number of paper folders for each EF you have.  Then proceed as they do in the video and blog posting.   

So far I like this system b/c I can see what the EF looks like on paper.   I did distress only half of each side of the paper folder so I can see what it looks like with and without coloring.  I also like this system b/c my EFs took up an entire drawer and now they all fit in one basket. 
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »
I just have them in a plastic container that I can flip through. 

It is a little wider than a folder and I just keep them all upright in it so that it is easy to flip through.  I only have a small collection of dies, so I keep them in there too (the dies are in original packaging and the embossing folders are not in any packaging).

The container is similar to this.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410ibl4%2Br9L._SY300_.jpg
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:43:00 AM »
Gina K recently has a video on decorating a tissue box to store your EF in

http://stamptv.ning.com/video/craft-room-storage-box
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »
That tissue box is really pretty!!  That is a good idea.

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 11:49:02 AM »
Mine currently are in a plastic shoe box, but I have outgrown that.  I counted all of the 4.5 x 6.5 and somehow, I have accumulated a lot - can never resist  them at a sale, store closing (Archiever's there used ones were $1.00 after discounts) or at Tuesday morning. 

I am thinking of dividing them into categories - use cardboard cut a little larger and labeling the categories.  I am tired of going thru all of them to find just the one or two that I need.  I will expand into a small plastic shoe box size.  Then they will fix on a shelf.  Which means I will have to move something else - like my spellbinder dies.

I need to make more stamps to use my stuff more.

Great sharing of ideas, thank you.

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »
Thats a good idea Ann, to make dividers.  I think I may do that with mine.  I had thought about making different color labels for each paper folder to divide the categories, but I think your divider idea might be easier (and take less time). 

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 06:43:52 AM »
The trick to having them in categories, will be to refile them in the right place when I am done with them.  This will be a project for next week, I hope.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 10:42:18 PM »
Ann-I found the trick for me is to number the categories and write the appropriate # on each EF...only worry with the category # that 1 time...Then no worries later if it belongs in this one or that one.   I also make a list of the categories and #....so I know the # when I start a search for a folder ...Jan 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 10:46:45 PM by Far North »