Author Topic: Free image sites?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Free image sites?
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:13:13 PM »
Though this is used on the computer, I do think my question is more of asking about a "tool" for Cameo, lol.....

I have been looking for free images, svg, and/or vector websites---that are NOT scary!!  Some of these sites look like you might get a computer virus if you surf their site any further, much less actually download something from them!    :o

I know some of y'all have Cameos and I wanted to know what websites y'all use for free images?  or even if you do not have a Cameo, but still know of some sites for free (virus-free!) images, please share!   :smile:
~~Melissa :)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Free image sites?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »
I don't know if this is helpful or not. I have a Cameo but don't use it as much as I should! When I want an image, I search for it on google. Say, a bird on a bramch, I would search bird on a branch outline. Then I look at the images until I find one I like. Oftentimes the images I use will come from coloring pages. They have bold outlines that are easy to convert.

Sorry, I don't have a specific website.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 10:18:10 AM »
Ditto what SWLady said.  I do a google search and find an image and bring it into either the silhouette studio software or my Make the Cut software and turn it into a cut file.  You can do a search for SVGs or just images.  You can use the clipper tool on Windows 7 and above to clip (copy) the image and paste it into the import box on either software, I think.  I know you can do that in Make the Cut.

Or you can find SVGs and import them as cutting files too.   
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 01:35:02 PM »
Thanks for the responses and ideas!!   O0  I never thought about coloring books!! Cool!!
~~Melissa :)