Author Topic: CHA 2016 Chatter  (Read 11040 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
CHA 2016 Chatter
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »
CHA starts January 7th.  Anyone heard of any good sneak peaks?  I saw a Pinterest Board I can't figure out the direct link to...

Did you see any products that are exciting to you?  Do you like the trends? 

From the paper collections I saw, they were mostly bright, geometric patterns.  I thought that was interesting since the Pantone colors were pastel.  I guess they do not always go along.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 09:50:40 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: CHA 2016 Chatter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 11:35:44 AM »
Thank you for posting these, I was just thinking it should be about time for the big CHA16.  I went and looked at some of the links on the scrapbookupdate link.  The Finnebar metallic acrylic paint looks kind of like what the Twinkling H2Os do on paper.  I already have a bunch of the Twinkling H2Os so will be passing on that.  The Finnebar brushes with the spatula thingy on the end is also a pass for me.  Those just look uncomfortable to use. 

The Pink Fresh started sometime during 2015.  One of the youtubes I watched sometime along the way the person used a set of their stamps.  I get the feeling their new stamps as shown on the sneeks are more for daily planners or the scrapbooking in project life type scrapbooking.  I am not really interested in those either, even though I do use that format for extra photos in my scrapbooks. 

I certainly hope this trend keeps up because I don't see anything I want to buy so that is a good thing.......It will be interesting to see what Ranger brings this year, Ranger is always the company that sucks me into their new stuff.  Also We R Memory keepers sucks me in too.  I love their punch boards, LOL!  And the fuse, and the minc, and the foil pen, and, and, ect........

Some of the new paper is pretty but I have been not buying paper unless its a really good markdown.  I just don't use it that much anymore.  For card making I like the 6 x 6 pads because the pattern is scaled down from the 12 x 12 paper.  I most times start out a scrapbook page by using gesso over whatever pattern is on it so I have been using up paper better.  I just pick one that the colors are close, tone it down with gesso and then use embellishments and color from whatever I have picked. 

Paper artsy hasn't uploaded any sneaks or peeks, I really am not sure if they come over the pond for CHA or not.  I know they release some new things usually after the new year but they haven't yet.  The only place I have found their stamp sets is at Simon Says and the prices keep climbing up towards $30 so they are getting a little expensive for me.  I guess I am pretty darn loyal to Paper Artsy, Ranger, and We R Memory keepers.  I have had good results with their products which created this loyalty. 

Anyway thanks for posting these, I will keep looking at Paper Artsy and Ranger and see if they release any sneeks, but CHA starts the 7th so hopefully the demo videos will start showing up on the youtubes for my watching pleasure soon. 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 01:49:48 PM »
Sadie what do you think the most versatile punch board is? 

I also look forward to what Ranger has in store. I would hope new dye ink colors, since that line is slim.  (Ps, I see a sneak peek on their blog, but it is for jewelry making (ice resin?) so hopefully they will do more this week.

Yes, I don't usually buy a lot of paper either, but  good masculine papers or versatile kid papers could be a good addition to my collections.

I wonder if the cost of going to CHA keeps some of the smaller businesses from attending. 

SOOOOO, I went to Michaels today to get out of the house and to browse the Christmas clearance.  I had to put some of the Christmas stamps back (They were 80% off) because I saw they have a new stock of the Jillibean Shape shakers products that I linked to earlier!  I got the cards with the die cut opening (which are a nice speckled white), one stamp set and one of the shaker pockets.  They were each $3.99.  And I had a 40% coupon for one of them.  Really good price for some cute stamp sets and I figure I might have a circle die at home the same size as the cards.  I did not need any sequins or anything since I have some.  Such a fun product and they are priced well and would be good for a beginner or someone who just wants to do a few cards.  I am going to use them for Valentines. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:36:59 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 09:54:47 AM »
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 10:47:48 AM »
The most useful We R Memory Keepers punch board is still the envelope board.  I have had that the longest and use it the most.  Now they have the 1-2-3 punch board which takes the place of the envelope board and several other boards, if I wanted to cut down on the amount of boards I have I would get that one and give away several of the others.  I am not sure which boards other then the envelope board it replaces tho.  The flower board is fun, the kids enjoy getting new flowers for some of the Holidays.  The box board is useful for Halloween and Valentines day when I give each family member a small box of candy.  The pinwheel board is also fun for the kids but the straws that they sell for the handles are wax coated paper and don't hold up so well, I wish they would come out with plastic straws that fit the pinwheel end.  I tried buying other plastic straws and they aren't the correct size and really there is no adapting them to work.  I also have the large format template studio but not all the attachments yet.  That makes really big sized boxes, pillow boxes, stars, and whatever attachment you purchase for it.  I have been lucky to pick most of these up on sale or with 40% off coupons.  I probably wouldn't be into these so much if I didn't have 16 of use to make stuff for and enjoy making different things for the different Holidays. 

I think I have mentioned before that I love tools.  I spend more money on tools and the products to use the tools then I do on embellishments.  That is the part of crafting I enjoy. 

I went and watched the video for that Ice Resin on Rangers youtube channel......I have to say I am not interested in using resin.  It just looks like too much work when I can use Glossy Accents or Diamond Glaze or use the melting pot with UTEE. 

I used to really like the Technique Tuesday stamps, they had some wonderful large stamp sets back in the day, I don't see them for sale much anymore.  I think I will head on over and take a look to see what they have now. 

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 12:11:56 PM »
Link to Tim's sneek peaks.
– 1/4: idea-ology
– 1/5: sizzix
– 1/6: stampers anonymous
– 1/7: tonic studios
– 1/8: ranger

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 12:37:58 PM »
THanks Heidi for starting this thread and sharing what you have found.  Sadie it is always fun and helpful to hear your point of view on crafty tools. That is usually one of the areas that I let you and other folks try out the products before I buy.  Space wise and $$ I hold back in the tool area. 

Somehow years ago I got a bad feel with We R Memory Keepers so long ago I don't remember the details but I know I bought some tools that didn't function properly and had to take them back.  Anyways with that and their gobbling up smaller businesses I hesitate.  But after saying that I have recently tried 2 of their Next Generation embossing folders that add different style of 3-D dimension.  So far they are all geometric designs so the light hits a plane of the design it looks naturally shadowed and dimensional. A cool different look but geometric is not my favorite.

Looking forward to seeing what else is new.
...Jan

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »
Thanks for the thread, Heidi!

Heidi, those jillibean shakers look really fun! I haven't seen those before. I do have a couple of stamp sets from them that I got years ago at a yard sale. They don't stamp very well so I hope yours are better than mine. I do remember reading that they had changed manufacturers in the past couple of years.

Sadie, that resin stuff looks like a mess! I don't have any of the punch boards. I've come close to buying the envelope maker and the one that makes the small gift box but resisted due to space.

I've seen a lot of planner and project life stuff. I know planner decorating seems to be the new craze.

Lawn fawn has some cute stamps releasing. With the exception of Christmas pattern paper, it's been over a year since I  purchased any. That said, I LOVE their new plaid paper pack and will be adding that to my wish list!
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »
I've got shaker pockets from Impression Obsession that I never use.  Although the Jilibean ones look deeper than the IO ones I have. 

I wish I hadn't read LeighAnn's post because I hadn't seen the new plaid Lawn Fawn paper and I'm a sucker for plaid.  And the tighty whitey stamp in that laundry set is too funny.

There are definitely some TH Sizzix releases that I'm interested in. 

I just need to stop look.  I don't need any more stuff.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 01:32:04 AM »
Ranger is posting its new releases on their blog. New Ice Resin products were shared on Day 1.  Today is the signature designer's releases. Here is the link.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »
Oh for goodness sakes Ranger stop the madness.......there are a few of the new dies that I know I will need.......I mean I really will need them to continue crafting in a decent manner.......LOL!

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2016, 12:01:17 PM »
Sara Naumann's posted on her website information about Create & Craft TV live broadcast from CHA with over 200 new releases from across the industry. Live programs can be seen online or on DISH, Direct or Roku.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »
Stampers Anonymous peeks
http://timholtz.com/cha2016-sneak-peeks-stampers-anonymous/

I bet the Crazy Cats will be popular. I would not have guessed that Kristina Werner drew them!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 02:48:04 PM »
Kristina Werner also drew the crazy things stamp set......so it doesn't surprise me that she drew these too.