Author Topic: CHA 2016 Chatter  (Read 10707 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Re: CHA 2016 Chatter
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 03:04:59 PM »
I did a search on the youtubes for CHA 2016 sneak peeks and found this little gem.  I actually watched the entire video.  I love these pop up cards but really I would only make one or two and then the dies would just sit around for ever.  Cake pop up card sneak peek Elizabeth designs.  I haven't heard of Elizabeth Craft Designs before but here is one that is being showcased for CHA 2016........enjoy!
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 03:06:06 PM »
Kristina Werner also drew the crazy things stamp set......so it doesn't surprise me that she drew these too.

I did not know that! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2016, 03:22:27 PM »
I know Daria uses a lot of Elizabeth Craft Designs.  That die is cool and I do see how you could use it for lots of birthday and wedding cards.  In the YouTube I saw there are two other specialty card dies.

I know Art Impressions and Stampendous also do pop up and specialty card dies, so maybe they will have new stuff too.

Also, thanks to Jan for posting the online TV link. I hope to have time to watch when it is on!

Craft Nerd, Jan gifted me some of the impression obsession shaker windows.  They are thinner than the Jillibean soup ones.  I hope to make some cards with both of them in the next couple days to compare.  Actually, the thicker ones may not be reasonable in the mail!  I planned on hand delivering them as Valentines.

There is a lot of planner stuff, LeighAnn.  I think it looks fun but don't want to spend my creative time that way. Technique Tuesday has some good stuff for that with a low price point, I saw.  I have said it before that I like when the stamp companies expand the uses for stamp to new areas!  I think that is good for everyone.

NEW FIND;
Avery Elle sneaks. The stamp sets are very cute, like Lawn Fawn stuff.  I like the balloon animal one.  I saw Stampin up has a cute new stamp set that is build your own balloon animal, so maybe this is a new theme for stamps. 
Bigger news for them is that they are going to do their ink line in dye in addition to the pigment inks(which I own).  I doubt I would buy many inks but their pigment inks are LOVELY colors.  http://blog.averyelle.com/search/label/CHA%202016

Also the CHA Hot Product award finalists

http://www.chamegashow.org/events-and-features/hot-product-awards-finalists
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:55:29 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2016, 05:28:55 PM »
http://papercrafterscorner.com/blog/category/sneak-peeks/

They had a new kind of ink pad organizer for GoOrganize company. I wonder how much it is and how many ink pads it holds. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 06:22:57 PM »
Bummer, I just checked-out Paperclipping.com, yes, the folks who make so many CHA booth videos showcasing the new products, bottomline they will NoT be at CHA 2016...a decision that daughter needed their support for ballet auditions...planning to be back next year.  Guess we will really have to check out Create and Craft TV.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 12:50:27 PM »
I spent some time checking out Create and  Create.  So far I am not impressed.  It looks like a 24/7 info commercial for crafts products. So far I don't see programs scheduled that are labeled CHA.  If anyone finds something else please share.

Julie Fei-Fan Balzer shared on her blog today that she "is doing a live webcast with Charity Wings from the Brother ScanNCut booth on Sunday, January 10 from 11am-11:30am.  We will be giving away a FREE ScanNCut 2 during the live broadcast.  All you have to do to win is show up online at the Charity Wings broadcast!
You can access the Live Streaming in the following ways:
•   From your computer: http://linqto.com/rooms/charitywings
•   If using iPhone/iPad, go to the App Store and download the app for Charity Wings Linqto or use the following url to go right to it: Charity Wings by Linqto"

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 01:19:21 PM »
I am disappointed about the lack of demo videos coming out of this CHA too.......Nothing much on the youtubes at all.  I was hoping Ranger would be uploading some of their demo videos but so far nothing.  How are they going to get the pre-orders on things if nobody does the demo videos? 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »
Maybe there will be videos over the weekend?  I have no idea, but yeah, I really liked those demo videos.  TwoPeas did great ones and so did the Paperclipping people, both of which we know won't be doing them...

Hero Arts joined the preview party, worth posting because they will be having a giveaway too if you comment.

https://heroarts.com/2016-catalog-sneak-peek-1-giveaway/
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 04:00:18 PM »
Thanks for the thread, Heidi!

Heidi, those jillibean shakers look really fun! I haven't seen those before. I do have a couple of stamp sets from them that I got years ago at a yard sale. They don't stamp very well so I hope yours are better than mine. I do remember reading that they had changed manufacturers in the past couple of years.

Just an update here.  The stamps are made by Hampton Arts and are the cheap clear stamps.  I was able to stamp fine with my Avery Elle Pigment inks and Versafine. I tried a Hero Arts Shadow ink and it was okay, but not as nice as I wanted. I forgot to try my chalk inks.  If you are interested, let me know and I can PM you how they work with other inks as I try.

The pockets really would need to be mailed in a padded envelope or hand delivered.  They also use quite a bit of sequins to fill them up because they are so big.  The will affect how many more I buy in the future, but one could still use the stamp sets and acetate for the windows, too.  Still a cool product release.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
I just saw a video from BLitsy and it showed Ken Oliver's new metallic colorburst.  It looks like they are wet instead of a dry powder.  I don't have any colorbursts and it also seems that they are bringing out 12 new colors this year.

Search page for CHA2016 on the youtubes.  Scroll down to find the Ken Oliver videos, there are at least 3.  So apparently the videos are starting to come out from CHA 2016.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 07:36:43 PM »
Well, we all wondered what was going to be new in Distress and now we know:
http://rangerink.com/cha-sneak-peeks-day-5-new-tim-holtz-distress-products/
 Distress crayons and picket fence ink pad.

The distress crayons I think are going to be popular, but I just got the Prima ones, so I do not need them.  I wonder what the price point will be because the Prima ones were very affordable.

But, I bet there will be a lot of new technique videos now.

I will be looking for a video for these and the white ink pad. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 07:37:16 PM »
I just saw a video from BLitsy and it showed Ken Oliver's new metallic colorburst.  It looks like they are wet instead of a dry powder.  I don't have any colorbursts and it also seems that they are bringing out 12 new colors this year.

Search page for CHA2016 on the youtubes.  Scroll down to find the Ken Oliver videos, there are at least 3.  So apparently the videos are starting to come out from CHA 2016.

These are great videos!  Ken Oliver and the Blisty  people do a great job! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »
Cray Pen

I think this product looks fun, you could color with it or do all kinds of holiday decor (Easter eggs, etc).

https://www.enasco.com/product/9738049/

I saw it on a video on YouTube when searching CHA 2016.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2016, 08:54:09 AM »
Stampendous is releasing a sneak peek at Mixed Media Artist Nathalie Kalbach new combo stamp set which include cling and foam stamps as well as a stemcil. https://stampendousblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/08/new-nk-studio-stamp-and-stencils/

If you look at the right hand column you will also see the release of their January 2016 catalog. With a full137 pages it might be helpful to know there is an index in the very back.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 08:55:42 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2016, 09:13:55 AM »
Stampendous is releasing a sneak peek at Mixed Media Artist Nathalie Kalbach new combo stamp set which include cling and foam stamps as well as a stemcil. https://stampendousblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/08/new-nk-studio-stamp-and-stencils/

If you look at the right hand column you will also see the release of their January 2016 catalog. With a full137 pages it might be helpful to know there is an index in the very back.

That is a great find! TFS!  I really like how Stampendous has a very wide offering of stamping and stencil products for all types of purposes.  I really liked the Spring stackers stamp set which is putting a cute animal head on whichever shirt and shoes etc that you want.  There was also an interesting product I had not heard of called Class Apeal stickers on page 109 that I wonder what they are...
~~Heidi~~