Author Topic: Basic Grey will no longer be in the paper game!  (Read 1541 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
Basic Grey will no longer be in the paper game!
« on: January 28, 2016, 09:29:40 AM »
Sad news!

Basic grey will no longer be offering paper lines.  Apparently they will be concentrating on fabric and Mod ink which appears to be some kind of personal printing company......I think it is Feb. 15th last shipping date and then they are done with paper.

Just wow.  Basic Grey was my first and really only paper line that I bought the packs of paper with the stickers and alphabets for.  I have to admit though that the love has cooled down the last few years, but the early lines were so different then anything else available at the time, I just loved them.  I still have some 6 x 6 pads of the Blush line which is still my all time favorite line.

This is sad but understandable since it seems like every YouTube scrapper has their own paper line now.  Remember glitter girl from two peas?  She has her own line now.  As a paper company it would be hard to compete with the celebrity scrappers who have die hard fans. 

Anyway I wanted to share my sadness at this announcement.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
Re: Basic Grey will no longer be in the paper game!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
I am not surprised that pp is going out.  But I am surprised that a big co is going.
All the bogs I look at, the ladies a making their own background instead of using paper!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 09:47:46 AM »
I also am not surprised to hear someone is going out, but I am surprised it is basic grey.  Their lines have always been really nice and I liked the matching stamps for many of them! 

I wonder if there is less competition in fabric, but I bet there are just as many designers for fabric too, who knows!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
So sad!  It was my very first pp too.  But I am guilty of buying very little from them.  They have been selling fabric for some time now so certainly they have a history of what brings them the most profit.

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 01:38:10 PM »
Oh that is a bummer  :(
I loved Basic Grey too.  I bought paper and the extra chipboards and embellishments.  (I still have plenty ::))  I have just a few stamp sets, dies and embossing folders.
I was wondering what was going on with them when I didn't see new Christmas lines.  Joann's used to have entire end caps of Basic Grey's Christmas line each year.

Do you think the decline started when Kristina Werner left?  I think she designed for them.  Or maybe they were less focused on scrapbooking and she saw the light and left? 

I think the last stuff I bought from Basic Grey was some Hey Boy! and Hey You!  But then again, I think it was discounted at Joann's almost as soon as it came out. 

Sad news.
Cindi