Author Topic: INK15 You Pick Two *****WINNER ANNOUNCED *****  (Read 7657 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
INK15 You Pick Two *****WINNER ANNOUNCED *****
« on: October 16, 2015, 11:24:01 PM »
Inktoberfest 2015 Challenge ****************You pick two*************** Oct 17 - Oct 25

I've been in a stamping/cardmaking rut since the wedding marathon, so I watched a TrueScrap4 video by
Kelly Crowe called "Get Your Butt out of a Rut".  One of her tips was to scrap in a different size than usual, so I
made a card in a different size than my usual A2.  I think I'm out of my rut!  Hooray!  I hope this challenge
energizes your stamping too.

Requirements :

1.  Make an A10 sized card 3 7/8 by 9 1/4.  This fits a standard business sized envelope, which you probably have at home.

2.  Pick two items, one from each of the following lists,  to use on your card :

List One
* stamp in the negative space left by a die cut or punch
* use a brand new stamp (if you have one patiently waiting for ink, or shop, if you need permission!)
* use a border punch or decorative scissors
* do some paper piecing

List Two
* add some sparkle : glitter, glitter glue, stickles, wink of stella ...
* add some shine : glossy accents, foil, glossy gel pen ...
* add a button
* add fiber/ribbon

Extra Credit :
Your name goes in the hat twice if you make a Christmas card that meets the requirements above.

Add your card to the gallery using INK15-YPT in the title and as a key word.  Link it here in the forum.
Either in your gallery post, or here, tell us which item you picked from list one, which item from list two and a little bit about
your experience with this challenge.  Did you like it?  Was it a pain?  Spill it!  Haha!

I made this A10 sized card for my daughter's birthday. 

List one :  I used three brand new VivaLasVegasStamps (one is inside) and the unicyclist's dress is paper pieced.

List two : I added twine to the banner.

Here's my experience :  I had fun making this sized card, so I actually made two.  Fiddling with the banner was
not that much fun, so on the second card I took the easy way out and glued triangles straight to the card!
I'm bummed that I forgot to take a picture of the second card before mailing it!! :(  On that one, I stamped a new stamp in the negative space
from a die and used wink of stella for some sparkle.

I hope you'll have fun with this challenge.  Don't forget, the A10 size is required, you pick at least two more elements, 1 from each list.  Combining with other challenges is allowed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 10:22:07 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: INK15 You Pick Two
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 08:56:03 AM »
Cool challenge.  I'm definitely in a card size rut.  I almost always make A2.  This should be fun.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 12:18:48 PM »
How fun, I like the idea of using a different sized card base and doing the thing where you pick from the list if fun!

Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 12:46:25 PM »
Oh I do love it when I business card size...and choices too..Looking forward to this one!
Thanks Cindi!

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »
Well, "Mindy" is in the gallery and she looks a little washed out.  My computer decided not to recognize my camera card so I scanned tonights challenges.  I swear "Mindy" has flesh colored legs.  LOL!

Here is my ghostly colored Christmas girl.  Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 10:43:19 PM »
Hey Sadie, this would count for my challenge too. 
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 09:59:49 AM »
How fun! I love the size idea, I have made a card this size in a while. Thanks for hosting a fun one :)
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 11:49:49 AM »
Glad you're liking the size requirement!

Sadie, you get extra credit for Christmas!  Mindy does look a little pale, haha, but I know she sparkles in person!  Glad you let her out!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 09:47:36 AM »
This will be a fun challenge! Can't wait!

April

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »
My pick two card is currently in piece on my craft desk.  I really like how it is coming out and it was fun playing with a different card size.
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »
Good to hear Sarah!  Looking forward to seeing the finished project!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »
Oh Cindi this was great get back in the game challenge...Or as Heidi Crowe  said "Get Your Butt out of a Rut" card!  Thanks for the fun challenge!
Here is my link.
...Jan
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:12:16 PM by Far North »

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »
That is a beautiful whispy stamp Jan, perfect for a long card.   I left comments in the gallery.  Thanks for taking my challenge!
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 03:40:16 PM »
Thanks for the fun challenge. I made a Christmas card and combined it with Heidi's challenge. I picked the negative die and ribbon. I also added shine with the silver pearls because it is a Christmas card.

April

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2065#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »
Pretty card April!  You get two entries in the hat for making a Christmas card.

I really like the layout.  What are the two borders at the bottom that are blue and silver?  Rub ons?  Stickers? 
Cindi