Author Topic: Coloring  (Read 725 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Coloring
« on: August 29, 2021, 04:06:59 PM »
I thought I'd get some chat started for the fest but I can't do a poll inside the chat thread.

Please vote and let us know your favorite way to color and mention whether or not you even LIKE to color?
Thanks!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Coloring
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 04:10:08 PM »
I voted for watercolor.  Sometimes I use watercolor paint, lots of times I use my Tombow markers either direct to paper or scribbled out on a palette and picked up with a watercolor brush.

Do I like to color?

I have to be in the mood!  Sometimes I am just not!
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 05:44:26 PM »
I like watercolor, and watercolor markers.
I like to studies where I will stamp and color the image, three or four different mediums jut for fun.
And mostly I enjoy and like the watercolor one best.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Canadian, eh

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 05:14:56 AM »
I use SU blendable markers and really like them.  Have Copics but don't use as much.  It is pencil crayons that relaxes me and gives lots of peace. 
Beth

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 09:21:03 AM »
I am not a big colorer. I like the alcohol markers because they blend well and make coloring fast. The only way I can get a good watercolor look is when I smoosh some dye ink on my mat and dip my water brush in it and then color. Colored pencils and Gamsol are right up there with alcohol markers for me.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 03:44:10 PM »
I had to laugh because when we had to try the illustration method and it wasn't working for me I thought well this isn't enjoyable but I do enjoy when I can just do me and color, sometimes I just don't have time and that's when I use already colored images.  I think what I am most at ease with is Alcohol markers, I mostly have the spectrum noir because they are cheaper but I am replacing them slowly with copics as I run out of ink.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 04:22:36 PM »
I like to color but a, really frustrated with how my spectrum noirs are drying out and need reinkers. It just would cost a lot to buy the reinkers and then I would need a spot to keep them. Second favorite is colored pencils. Pencils take WAY longer though.
~~Heidi~~