Author Topic: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019  (Read 6462 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Re: Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge – 2019
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2019, 08:18:16 PM »
Connie and April, thank you for posting more cards.

Connie, I bought a card kit to make a shaker card a long time ago---clearance sale.  I still haven't even taken it out of its package.  Maybe soon?

April, I love those polar bears.  I used the baby on a Christmas card for my nephew on his first Christmas.  Maybe this year, I'll use both bears?

Thanks for playing.

I have one birthday card to make before I can take the time to put together the Christmas cards I'm working on. 

Daria

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2019, 07:25:57 PM »
I made 3 cards using this image, as you can see.  Thanks so much for this challenge, Daria!

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4593#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2019, 06:35:28 AM »
Nora, I'm glad you found time to play some more.  These are darling cards.  I like the soft coloring.

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2019, 09:39:21 AM »
made another one but this is going to be my last for this month, have to get working on my cards for August birthdays:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4594#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2019, 11:22:27 PM »
Connie, your card is darling.  Good luck with the August birthday cards.  I still have one more to make for this month, and I need it tomorrow!  I wasn't home all day, and I'm too tired to make it now.  Hopefully, inspiration will hit in the morning.

Daria

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2019, 01:59:38 PM »
Here is my last card! I used a new die I bought at the show.

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4596#top_display_media

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
April, I can see all of us adding that die to our Wish Lists.  Gorgeous card!

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2019, 11:53:52 PM »
Yes, isn't that a pretty die?!

So, I took the day off from paperwork and Mom and Dad care ... mostly, except for a few phone calls.  I was able to run a few errands and tonight I planned to make Christmas cards. 

Except, I couldn't find the stamp I had in mind ... ugh!  It's probably in a pile somewhere.  That's ok, I found another while I was looking for the first.  I stamped it in several inks, on two different papers and came up with just two cards.  I might make more once I decide which I like best.  I wasn't feeling very artsy in my inking tonight!  I have all these supplies and couldn't get motivated .  Maybe tomorrow will be better.  I'll take pictures in the light of day and let you vote!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
This is it--the last day of the challenge.  I am happy that I have eight backgrounds ready to go, but I still haven't made a single card.  I'm going to visit my eldest sister today, and tomorrow I'm taking my niece to her doctor appointments.  I think my cards will be posted to Cindi's August thread for the All Year Christmas Challenge.  lol.   (Actually, I saw a super easy card to make.  Even though I'd have to begin from scratch, it would be a really quick card.  I think; sometimes I'm really wrong about that.  We'll see . . .)

Good luck to anyone who still plans to post a card to this challenge.  Cindi, I hope you finish your card today.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »
I made a total of 12 cards using the same Herald Angels stamp from Lost Coast.  I found it when I was looking for a different stamp, that is still in hiding.  I don't recall that I've used this stamp before. 

I had more mojo this morning and I found the deckle edge dies and some gold mediums, Inka Gold and The Crafter's Workshop Shimmering Gold Gesso.  I bought the gesso thinking of using it through stencils, but I think it worked well scraped over cardstock too.  I kind of got on a roll trying different inks and surfaces (glassine, and smooth cardstock).

Stamped on glassine
Stamped on Natural White . There are 5 versions pictured but I made multiples of the first two cards.

I will attach close ups of a few so you can see the inka gold, the gold gesso and maybe the wink of stella on the angel wings.

Thank you so much for hosting Daria!  I look forward to your challenge every year!  It's fun to see Christmas cards in the gallery.  I was bound and determined to make some Christmas cards for your challenge!  I hope you finish the cards you started with backgrounds.  If you don't get them done tonight you are more than welcome to post them to Christmas Cards All Year - August.  Whoa!  How did that get here already?

I saw an easy card layout recently.  I bookmarked it so there's a slight chance I'll start it tonight, but more likely next month.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:16:55 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2019, 07:04:35 PM »
Cindi, hurray!  You beat the deadline.  Your cards are wonderful.  I'm glad you posted the close-ups.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2019, 08:02:36 PM »
Thanks Daria!  Luckily DH is easy going!  I was uploading, linking/posting when he got home from work, and I just needed to finish!  I heated up a little appetizer to tide us over.  Decided that was almost enough for dinner so he just made us tuna fish sandwiches.  Yay!  A sandwich and some baseball on tv and then I’ll go clean up my mess.

I’m glad I ordered the clear stamp mount from Purple Onion.  I had to use double stick tape in my stamp positioner to mount the angel stamp.  Need to clean a little stickiness off it and the back of the rubber.

I was stepping on my stamp today.  It’s a great, detailed stamp, but  I find I get the best impression if I put it on the floor and step on the mount (or positioner in this case), gently, but pretty firmly.  I have a few stamps that I step on!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2019, 11:48:15 PM »
Cindi, I haven't had a tuna sandwich in years.  Sounds good. 

I was notified a couple of days ago that my mounting stamp had shipped!  That was a lot sooner than I had anticipated.
I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Daria

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2019, 12:02:06 AM »
OK.  It's time.  I was gone most of the day and was tired when I got home.  I was just going to post tomorrow, but I felt guilty for not posting today. 

I had fun looking through your posts and checking out your cards one more time.  You made a lot of cards!  While I didn't finish any cards, I do have those eight backgrounds and some new ideas from you.  Thank you all for playing!

This is always the bitter-sweet part.  I wish everyone could win, but this year there is only one lucky winner.  As always, I do it the old-fashioned way.  I wrote your names on strips of paper and folded them.  My straw hat is in the car so I put the names in an empty kleenex box.  Heidi did the honors.  At least, I didn't have to wake her up this year; she's still watching TV. 

Are you ready?

Let's see.  Who could it be?

Is there someone who just barely made the deadline?

Ahhh, you guessed it.

Congratulations, Cindi!  I'm so glad you were able to get your cards posted in time.  Please send me your address so I can send you your RAK.

Thank you, everyone, for playing.
Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2019, 06:24:46 AM »
Thanks for doing this challenge Daria! I didn’t get as many cards done as I wanted to, but I did get some done, which is better than some other months!  And congrats to Cindi!  Hoping to play along this month too!
~~Heidi~~