Author Topic: Nov. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Winding down, but December's KIAE is coming  (Read 13842 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Just two months left in the year. As usual, time really flies. Hope lots of us AIs will join our swap this month...

To participate in this continuing swap/challenge you need to do the following:

1. Post your commitment to the swap by 10/29
2. Make 2 duplicate kits of materials that fit into regular style business/card envelopes--4x9, 5x7. 6x8, etc.
3. Keep one kit & mail the 2nd to your swapmate.
4. Make & share a project from both your kept & received kits--each kit's project must employ a minimum of 3 kit items.

Deadlines:
Mailing envelopes  11/3

Swapmates will be posted by 10/3. Each swapper is responsible for acquiring/providing a mailing address as necessary. Please don't share your mailing address on the thread for your own sake.

Kit contents:
Required= a minimum of 3 stamped images--each image must be stamped at least twice. Sentiment images are allowed, but one image must be non-sentiment. Remaining contents may include any materials desired.

This month's theme is...

Deck Them Halls!
[/b]

This month's (required) projects must be something you can use as a decoration for the Holidays. You are free to choose the Holiday.  ;)

Any questions? Ask them on the thread--not by PM.

Have fun!

Figure fellow AIs have had sufficient time to debate joining the swap, so here's the list for sending:

Dan > Sadie
Sadie > Yankee
Yankee > Dan
Heidi > Kathy
Kathy > Pug
Pug > Heidi

Need a mailing address? Use a PM to do that.

Except for Kathy/SWLady who has a shorter mailing deadline, all envelopes must be in the mail on/or before Monday, Nov. 3

Most of us gain an hour this weekend. Give yourself an extra hour of sleep & get your envelope in the mail. ;D

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:14:45 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Nov. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Signup ends 10/29/14
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 11:11:31 PM »
Sign me up!!!!
I like this months theme! Decisions, decisions!

I do have a question- can we mix and match holidays for our envelope? Or should we stick to one holiday?

Thanks for hosting, Daniel! Should be a fun month!
LeighAnn

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
...I do have a question- can we mix and match holidays for our envelope? Or should we stick to one holiday?

Glad you asked, Pug! When it comes to the kit contents, you are free to put in whatever you wish--including 'holiday' items. But you don't need to put in any holiday-related materials, at all.

One reason I chose this month's theme is that as crafters we are often work well in advance of a particular holiday or even a season--doing easter items in Feb, Valentines in Dec. , etc.

This month's challenge is a chance to get a jump on making holiday decorations before the last minute rush. There are some obvious posibilities--i.e. tree ornaments--, as well as less obvious ones. Sun-catchers, shelf-sitters, door-hangers, tealight 'fronters' (see the making gifts thread).

I'm starting to work on my kit contents & plan to challenge both my swapmate & myself.  ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:57:31 AM »
 I want to participate.  I still need to complete Oct KIAE for my received kit, but that is on deck for this week. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 12:17:07 PM »
I want to participate.  I still need to complete Oct KIAE for my received kit, but that is on deck for this week. 

Terrific, Heidi! Glad you're joining us.

I know that for past KIAEs we've required swappers to have both projects to be uploaded/shared in order to join a new month's swap. While I still hope to see all of us do that, it's been a busy month & I'm also feeling mellow--no idea why.

So if you're in this month's swap, just share a minimum of 1 project & you're welcome to join Nov.'s.   :o
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 03:30:02 PM »
Ok I will tentitively sign up, but keep in mind that the first month I sent to neyw and then she got in a car accident and has been dealing with that.  The second month I sent to Craft Nerd and she hasn't been on the board for awhile now and I am hoping nothing has happened to her!  Are you sure that you want me to join in, we can't afford to loose too many more members to whatever jinx I am sending with my kits.......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 06:57:27 AM »
Oh my goodness, just saw that about Neysa! How awful! I hope Sarah is okay too! She hadn't posted in a while.

TY, Daniel!

I know exactly what I want to do for my kit. I'm going to start gathering my stuff today so it will. E ready to mail when I get my partner  O0
LeighAnn

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »
I would really like to participate in this also. But give me another day to be sure. I am doing the carpets today and having a new storm door put on the front door. If that all goes well, I may have time to put together a kit. Then I can always do the projects when we return. Course I still have to finish my projects from October. I have one sitting ready but not put together yet!

I will let you know for sure tomorrow! Thanks!

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:40 AM »
... Are you sure that you want me to join in, we can't afford to loose too many more members to whatever jinx I am sending with my kits...

LOL, Sadie! I'm confident that the third time's the charm to break the jinx. Glad you're joining in, pal! (note to self: be sure to check insurance policy for jinx clause.) ;D

...I know exactly what I want to do for my kit. I'm going to start gathering my stuff today so it will. E ready to mail when I get my partner

WTG, Pug! My kit's filling nicely. My new StazOns are allowing me to do some stamping on non-paper materials that will be 'fun' to use.  ;)

Oh, Kathy. I hope you can join us! As you point out, the rush for this swap is all at the start. Far as the kits go?  I know many of us are getting really good at building them quickly. And there are no contents twists this month to slow us down.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 11:49:43 AM »

I know that for past KIAEs we've required swappers to have both projects to be uploaded/shared in order to join a new month's swap. While I still hope to see all of us do that, it's been a busy month & I'm also feeling mellow--no idea why.

So if you're in this month's swap, just share a minimum of 1 project & you're welcome to join Nov.'s.   :o

Are you sure you are feeling okay, Daniel???????   ;D
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
Feeling fine, Heidi! Amazing how the 'juice of a few flowers' can mellow one. eh?!

Kidding aside, one of the things I really appreciate about our group here (& back @ 2Ps) is our willingness to be flexible & understanding when it comes to hosting swaps & challenges. Granted that a certain amount of structure is important, I really am more interested in encouraging folks to interact with one-another & not sweat being shamed if they don't dot every T or cross every I.

Several of the projects I mailed to you went that route. I did my best to abide by the 'rules', but knew that the various hosters would understand what I was doing by bending--not breaking--their requirements.

I can spell 'Didactic', but don't find being didactic gets people participating.

Hope your craft get-together was fun, pal!
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 06:50:16 PM »
OK! I am in! I am putting together a kit tonight and finishing the stamping in the morning.

Thanks Daniel for the concession on Oct's projects. I will only have one finished and posted but will do the other when i return.

Course this will only work if I already have the address of my swapper since we are leaving on the first. hehehe. I am pretty sure I have most everyone's.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »
I would like to try this, if it is ok with everyone
Born on the fourth of July

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
Welcome aboard, Yankee! Glad you are joining in! I can't speak for Daniel but I'm sure he will welcome you along too #>

My kit is 90% complete. I've got to bust out the cricut for the rest of it.
LeighAnn

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 11:49:11 AM »
I think I have my kit ready, maybe I will add a few more little embellishments.  The stamps I used are pretty big so to get three things from the kit on a card I might need to include some smaller things.  That part always throws me, making sure there are 3 things from the kit that can be used on a card or project......or maybe I just like to overthink the entire thing until my envelope is so stuffed it's more like a package.....LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......