Author Topic: Nov. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Winding down, but December's KIAE is coming  (Read 13846 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Nov. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Signup ends 10/29/14
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
OK! I am in! I am putting together a kit tonight and finishing the stamping in the morning.

Thanks Daniel for the concession on Oct's projects. I will only have one finished and posted but will do the other when i return.

Course this will only work if I already have the address of my swapper since we are leaving on the first. hehehe. I am pretty sure I have most everyone's.

Terrific, Kathy! Most of us have addies for others, too. Shouldn't be a problem, pal.

I would like to try this, if it is ok with everyone

LOL, Yankee! Don't you go all 'po' mouthed'.  ;D Of Course it's more-than-ok!. We're really nice people here. Just ignore those rumors about requring blood from newbies. Tomato juice is fine. ::)

I think I have my kit ready, maybe I will add a few more little embellishments.  The stamps I used are pretty big so to get three things from the kit on a card I might need to include some smaller things.  That part always throws me, making sure there are 3 things from the kit that can be used on a card or project......or maybe I just like to overthink the entire thing until my envelope is so stuffed it's more like a package.....LOL

LOL, Sadie! I cast my vote for the 'overthink & stuff'! ;D

But... Many of us who have been doing this swap since it started have had the same concerns.  That's why we want players to post & share questions & problems here on the thread. (Hello Yankee! ;)

I firmly believe that getting the kit made & sent (on deadline) is 'Job 1!'. The only REQUIRED paert of the kit is the stamped images! 'Course we include more than stamped images. It's a good way to unload bits of our huge stash of junque!

Oh yeah. Here's the project I made from my received kit.
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »
As much as I love the KIAE swap, I think I need to sit this month out.  I'm still scrambling to get last month's projects done.  :(
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 10:39:15 AM »
As much as I love the KIAE swap, I think I need to sit this month out.  I'm still scrambling to get last month's projects done.  :(

Read your post on the Chat, Sarah. We'll miss you, but I completely understand.

Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Nov. KIAE Swap/Challenge--Signup Closed--Swapmates in OP
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »
Since many of us go to 'last post' on threads, I'm reinforcing the info in the OP. Check it for your swapmate.  :smile:

Now...

Sadie brought up a good topic about considering how we deal with the '3 item rule' when it comes to building our kits. Since we're in the throes of doing that, it might be worth discussing. But let's concentrate on working on our kits--rather than (just) talking about them. OK?

With the recent addition of themes for KIAE, some swappers have chosen to use that to choose the materials for their kits--images & other materials. Long as that route doesn't stall us out, I think it's not a bad way to go.

The pesky '3 item' has given some players pause--myself included & I'm a host! ;D

In point of fact, it's possible for us to create a kit that only contains the required # of stamped images & nothing else.  :o It's true! Given what we all have in our various stashes of crafty materials, I sincerely doubt any of us (or others) couldn't do a 3 item from just the images combined with extras from our good junque.

Don't sweat! I'm not planning to go 'image only' for Dec.'s swap, but it's worth chatting about how we tackle the '3 item' in my Not Humble Opinion. ;D
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
Hi Everyone! Hope everyone saw their swapmates & is busy getting their kits done.

Got a great message from Yankee. Her kit is ready to go!  O0 Aside to Yankee...Sorry I threw you off with the 'name', pal. I rarely use 'Dan'.  I'll try to stick with Daniel or Looser.

I have just a few extra things to toss in my kits. Plan to put it out today or tomorrow.
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »
But, but, but, doesn't the 3 items need to come from the kit and not our own stash?  I thought the 3 item rule was from each kit? 
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 12:54:25 PM »
Have fun peeps!  I just knew I'd have trouble getting a kit together this weekend.  I'll peek in to see what you're up to.  First off, I need to finish October!
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 01:18:26 PM »
Hi Cindi! Sorry you're unable to join us for Nov., but glad to hear from you. #>

I finished off my kit & it's on its way to Sadie.

I may have put myself in a challenging position with the stuff in my kits--Not Sadie 'cause she's goood. ;)

Just a reminder... The '3 item rule' only applies to one of the projects from each of your envelopes--kept & received. Once you make (& share) a 3 item project for each kit, you can make more projects using just one 'something' from the kits--doesn't even have to be a stamped image.

Since I had the kit stuff in front of me, I decided to start working on some things. I used glaze(s) on some of my stamped images & am currently biting my nails to avoid trying to speed up their drying. I keep reminding myself that some things take time. Good luck to me about that... ;D
Daniel

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »
Okie dokie! I have pug's address so I will get my kit in the mail tomorrow! Glad I could sneak in on this one, hehehe

Heidi you have my address right? I haven't moved, hehe

On your '3 item' thing Daniel, I always put more than just images in my kit so that's not a worry from me. Hopefully my swap partner can figure out 3 items to work with.

Edited to say Pugs envelope is ready for the mail!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 03:02:38 PM by SWLady »

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 04:24:38 PM »
Though I do not have some time to play in this swap  :(, I am eager to see what everyone makes!!  Love this idea for this swap Daniel!   O0 
~~Melissa :)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 06:29:04 AM »
I popped over here yesterday to see who my send to was. My envelope is in the mail today to Heidi.

An image swap only for a kit would be challenging for sure but very doable! I like the idea.

Here's how I typically build my kit-
I usually will take the requirement/theme and look through my stamps. I usually select 3-4 that I like and think will work for the challenge. Then I usually move to pattern paper. I always include that(if the swap allows) since I have oodles if it. Next I move to embellishments that would coordinate. I try and make sure I have. The 3 item covered, then I go back and wither add or remove stuff.

We are going to be out of town until Monday so I'm betting my kit from Kathy will be here when I get back! Can't wait O0
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 07:59:57 AM »
Okay, before I do my kit (which I see I need to do quick) the only requirement for the kit is the 3 images, right?  The other requirement is what do make with the kits. 

I am trying to get on the ball and not feel like I am running late anymore...
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 08:01:12 AM »
An image only swap would be fun, but I think we would have to require both large and small images in the kit to make it easier.  Otherwise everyone would do a collage, I think....  My two cents.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 09:11:20 AM »
Okay, before I do my kit (which I see I need to do quick) the only requirement for the kit is the 3 images, right?  The other requirement is what do make with the kits. 

I am trying to get on the ball and not feel like I am running late anymore...

Yep, Heidi. The 3 images (stamped twice) is the only must in the kit.  And I so 'hearya' on the running late issue.

An image only swap would be fun, but I think we would have to require both large and small images in the kit to make it easier.  Otherwise everyone would do a collage, I think....

LOL, Heidi! And that would be 'bad' because?  ;D Reminds me of potluck dinner many years ago. Most folks (not by design) made/brought some version of Mac 'n Cheese. It was a super cool meal! O0

I popped over here yesterday to see who my send to was. My envelope is in the mail today to Heidi.

An image swap only for a kit would be challenging for sure but very doable! I like the idea.

Here's how I typically build my kit-
I usually will take the requirement/theme and look through my stamps. I usually select 3-4 that I like and think will work for the challenge. Then I usually move to pattern paper. I always include that(if the swap allows) since I have oodles if it. Next I move to embellishments that would coordinate. I try and make sure I have. The 3 item covered, then I go back and wither add or remove stuff.

We are going to be out of town until Monday so I'm betting my kit from Kathy will be here when I get back! Can't wait O0

Yeah, Pug. I pretty much build my kits using your formula. Sometomes I start with the PP, but usually it's the images as a begining.

I'm proud of myself (what's new about that?)! I kept my fingers off the items I glazed & they dried nicely. Now to figure out where they're going to lead me... ;)
Daniel

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 01:57:34 PM »
Oh my giddy aunt, I received the kit from Looser in the mail today and just took a quick glance through to maybe get an idea...........nope no ideas popped in my head.  I am so not sure what to do with this wonderfully creative group of items.  I am going to need to take it home and lay it all out and let my mind wonder over the possibilities.....LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......