Author Topic: Diecut Swap-posting in gallery  (Read 18977 times)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Diecut Swap-Mail assigments now posted
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »
I got Utah Ann's address and put her envelope in the mail yesterday.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2015, 10:54:14 AM »
I got more happy mail yesterday.  Far North's nicely done up die cuts arrived.  I set them aside because I wanted to finish up the cards from Iring's die cut delivery. 

Now if we got two envelopes does that mean we are required to do at least one card from each envelope?  This is not a problem for me at all since I am working on the 4th card from the first bunch of die cuts......I have made some very different looking cards, different from each other, hopefully not "different" in a bad way....LOL

My children will be so surprised that I made Christmas cards this year.  I haven't done Christmas cards for years........I do tags instead.  This year it's Christmas cards......LOL
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »
I received my die cut swap envelope today from Sarah!  Thanks so much!  She did a great job of organizing them too. I have an idea for a card, just need some time to make it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2015, 05:20:28 PM »
Your welcome, Heidi. 
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Die cut Swap-using die cuts
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2015, 11:30:31 PM »
It is so much fun to hear of the arrivals of the die cuts!  Sadie will you please open a folder in the gallery for our work with the dies?...thanks!  As for the creative requirement for this challenge... it is the same for everyone-creatively make at least one die cut your own and use it in a card.  Since it sounds like you have already done that you may want to change to making tags or anything else you choose.  Or use them as you work on other projects and just post in the gallery and leave a link here.

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2015, 07:58:52 AM »
I had time last night to work on some cards. I have one I stRted but not sure what I want to do next with it and one finished. Sadie sent so many fun ones to use!
I used 3 diecuts from Sadie for my card. i did something I haven't done in a long time, I covered them in loose glitter.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2149&message_id=21824b2100c249cd841643fef1b9e113&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2015, 08:02:08 AM »
Great card, LeighAnn, which size set of Inktense pencils do you have.  That blue does not look familiar, but I only have the set of 12.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2015, 04:14:38 PM »
LeighAnn, your card is wonderful! I got my dies from Ann today. Can't wait to work on my card tomorrow!

April ;D

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »
Heidi, I only have the set of 12. I used both of the blues in the set. The one that's the darkest blue I used a really light hand with. Do you know if you can purchase them individually? I would like to add a few more colors to my set. I would like a bigger set but they're pricey!
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
Heidi, I only have the set of 12. I used both of the blues in the set. The one that's the darkest blue I used a really light hand with. Do you know if you can purchase them individually? I would like to add a few more colors to my set. I would like a bigger set but they're pricey!

Thank you. It is lovely that you got such a nice result using a light hand!

Yes, you can buy them individually, I was looking at them at Dick Blick.  The bigger sets seem to also contain the set of 12 we already have.  I have been thinking about which other colors I would want. 

I just printed out the color sheet to take a closer look: http://www.thethreadstudio.com/catalogue/colour/inktense/colourchart.pdf
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:35:34 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2015, 09:14:15 AM »
My envelope arrive yesterday from SWLady.  I was at a scrapbook week end, and what a lovely surprise when I got home.  Will take time today to play with what I received.

Thanks so much.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2015, 02:01:59 PM »

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2015, 05:41:31 PM »
I just flooded the gallery with my work since getting the die cuts in the mail.  I have 7 cards done so far, with a lot of die cuts to go. 

Stocking Card-Irings die cuts

Noel Card-Irings die cuts

Singing Bird Card-Irings die cut

Tree Card-Irings die cuts

Dove Card-Irings die cuts

Poinsettia Card 2-Far Norths die cuts

Tree Card 2-Far Norths die cuts

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing the color chart, Heidi. I started looking at dick blick and picked out around 12 colors. The chart looks very helpful because some of the colors look much more different than what you see on that site.

I worked on some more yesterday but need to photograph them still.

I'm off to check out April and Sadies cards!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Diecut Swap-posting in gallery
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2015, 10:30:01 AM »
Oh my gosh Sadie!  You know you will be expected to make Christmas cards every year now, right?
Your cards are wonderful! 

April, I love the way you used your die cuts.  The tree sparkles!

It has been so much fun to see how my dies were used!  And, I feel like such a slug because I really haven't used them!  Now I am so inspired!

Can't wait to see more cards!  Wonderful idea for a swap Jan!
Cindi