Author Topic: Watercolor Dry Embossing Challenge (2/21-3/1) WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 11438 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: Watercolor Dry Embossing Challenge (2/21-3/1)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »
I think you could leave it as is and maybe mount it onto green cardstock, that might be nice
Or if you have tumbled glass distress ink you could lightly paint I'm the areas with that. I find that color to be forgiving and easiest to fix if I mess up!
Your coloring is absolutely fabulous though. Love the color combo and blending you got!
LeighAnn

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 09:45:03 PM »
I need a second opinion.  I colored one of the pieces I embossed and I'm trying to decide if I should leave it as is or if I should color the area between the flowers with green.  Part of me doesn't want to mess with it because I love how it came out and part of me thinks the white outlining the flowers would show up better if I added the green.  What do you guys think?

I really like the way it is.  I think it looks bright and airy and if you painted inbetween the flowers it will darken it up and it won't be so bright and airy.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 09:45:32 PM »
Oh that's a hard one Sarah....I love the colors and the white is great! 

If it was a large EF , the 5x7 kind, I'd say to cut it I. The middle and do one green and leave one. 

Now I do agree that I think the green will help outline the white flower lines...and that could be striking....Hhhmm...I think I am convincing myself to tell you to paint it green. Plus it looks like you were able to get a really good heat embossing so the green will be controlled possibly.

Ps: how did you get such a good heat embossing? My two got EP in places not embossed and the didn't embossed areas that were raised! And I used a brayer... ???
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »
I would leave it alone because it is lovely to have the analogous colors.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 09:53:20 PM »
Sarah, I would leave it. It looks fabulous!!  O0
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 09:57:48 PM »
Thanks everyone.  It is only 5.5 x 4.  Maybe I'll make another one and do the green on that one.

Melissa - I went over it a couple of times with the brayer before adding the EP.  and there were a few spots that I had to clean off and there are some spots that aren't embossed.  Which would probably show more if I added the green. 
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »
I hope it is okay, I tried this technique on regular card stock (it works!) and used a geometric tile embossing folder instead of a picture. I think it turned out well. I want to try this again!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1109&message_id=453da4d154e9a262a15c4c4fdfddec37&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

Plus, I cut my background in half so I can use it on two cards :)
~~Heidi~~

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 10:39:46 AM »
Heidi, that is gorgeous!!  :smitten:
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
Oh boy Sarah ... I don't know what to tell you.  It looks so neat and clean the way it is.  Your water coloring of the flowers is so pretty.  Since you did so well staying in the lines with the flowers, you'd probably be safe coloring between them ... maybe if you went with something really light so mistakes wouldn't show?  Hmmm, then again.  It looks wonderful as is! 
Cindi

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 02:49:33 PM »
Sarah, this is beautiful! I would keep it as it is. Mine has turned out a little weird but I think I can use it.

Stampwilly

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 04:11:29 PM »
Here is my entry. This was the best embossing folder I had. I think it did okay. I made a pocket by cutting around the embossing folder piece. You lift up the top butterfly and pull out a tag.

Stampwilly

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1111#top_display_media -- card

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1112#top_display_media -- tag pulled up

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
April, this link is to show the three pieces I made---b/c I wanted to show how different they all look.

But I am going to go load up my final project and link it here.

examples of 3 watercolor embossing

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »
Ok here is my final project I made using the top example:

watercolor flowers

I'm kinda stuck though if I should add anymore to it. I like how Ann added bling to this folder in her challenge, but I don't really want to cover up the watercoloring.  I could figure out where to put my white bow I made, so left it out.

What do y'all think?  You think I need any embellsihments since its such a busy EF?

Thank you April for a fun challenge!  That was neat--though I had trouble getting my EP to behave---but that seems to be my theme this festival with all the trouble I keep having with EP.   :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 10:22:09 PM »
I made 3 cards also (2 are identical).  I had a hard time getting the versamark to stay on top of the embossing  :(  I seemed to have the best luck with this smaller folder.

3 cups of tea

Here is a closer view of one of the cards.

You're my cup of tea

Thanks for the challenge April!  I have one more watercolored and embossed piece but not sure if I'll get it in to a finished project.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 10:44:51 AM »
Those cards are so fun, Cindi!
~~Heidi~~