Author Topic: Winterfest 2015 -- Second Chance Challenge -- Winner Announced  (Read 6048 times)

Offline djc

• Stampers
Did you complete all of the challenges you had planned to do?  Are there still more challenges on your to-do list?  Here's your second chance to complete them.

This new challenge begins Monday, March 2, and ends on Sunday, March 8.

The Challenge:

Your task is to complete any WF15 challenge you have not already completed.  It has to be something new.  If you have already completed all of the WF15 challenges, then you may repeat any that you'd like to do again. You'll find all of the WF15 Challenges on the board set aside for Winterfest 2015.

Combining Challenges:

You may combine two regular WF15 challenges per project if the original hosts allowed combining.

Requirements:

1. Complete the tasks as described in this challenge and the challenges you choose to do.

2. When you post your project in the gallery, begin the title with WF15 2nd Chance and add the name of the original challenge, for example, WF15 2nd Chance—Lighten Up.  Also, be sure to use two Keywords, the one for the original challenge and the one for this challenge:  SCCWF15.  That way it will be searchable and your project will, hopefully, show up by searching for either the original challenge or this one.  Separate each keyword with a semi-colon.

3. When you post your project in the gallery, describe it. Tell how you made it and what you used. Also, return to this Discussion Thread to link your post here and to tell us how it went--the good and the bad. Be sure to also go to the original challenge thread and post a link. Let our hosts and hostesses know their challenges continue to inspire us.

Other
A RAK will be randomly awarded on Monday, March 9.  If you have followed the instructions, you will get your name in the hat once for each different challenge you complete.

Don't forget to come back here to ask questions and share ideas.

Have fun and enjoy your Second Chance!

Daria
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:38:46 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Winterfest 2015 -- Second Chance Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 06:20:26 AM »
Thank you so much for offering this 2nd chance challenge!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 08:11:56 AM »
Thank you Daria for hosting the second chance challenge!  There are afew I want to do again and also finish that I had started.
~~Melissa :)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »
Thanks for hosting the second chance challenge.
Sarah

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:32 AM »
Thanks for hosting, Daria! I had a few I didn't get to and a couple I want to try again if I have a chance  O0
LeighAnn

Offline Christinmay

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:33:17 PM »
Hoping, hoping, hoping to get April's Watercolor challenge done this week! I've started!
Christin

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 02:57:15 AM »
Second Chance--Windows to the World  and Impressions Challenge
Here is the link to my card in the gallery.

I believe it was Sadie's closing comments about Winterfest where she said she has learned how to get all the challenges done.  So now I just want to say please don't make the mistake of following me if you want to complete all of them!  I now believe I have combined the 2 most complex challenges (with the largest number of requirements) with the addition of a self-imposed new folded card technique...not the a good strategy if one wants to complete all the challenges :laughhard: Daria, thanks for the Second Chance!

I created a swing card to complete the 10 requirements for these Winterfest Challenges.  Melissa’s requirements asked to share my impression of the photo she shared...
It feels to me like a scene that it is about 100 miles away from home near Denali National Park…It has a similar bridge and is a much shorter train during the slower winter tourist season.  The trees look fairly natural for our area…frosted birches and willow and snow covered spruce trees.  So beautiful!  If it were close to me the artist took some artistic liberties with adding the reflection in the river since it would generally be frozen over and snow cover to compliment the rest of the snow.

Overall it is a scene of comfort for me with memories of waving to the tourists on the train which I generally do twice a week during the summer while I volunteer at the botanical gardens. It is a pleasure to wave to new guests to our community who come from around the world. Therefore it felt like a very natural to create a card that represents a window to the world.

Love the frosted blue feel of the colors and the beauty of the snow and trees...hope you see that in my card!.

Daria, thanks again for hosting a Second Chance for the challenges!...Jan
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:39:04 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 09:44:56 AM »
I had already completed all the challenges, so I repeated the Gesso Resist. I used the same stamp as before, but applied my ink another way.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1212&message_id=dff7e59d8a3c7f8c40678a9acd4647b7&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I hope to complete at least one more project for this challenge.  We have had three snow days in a row, so I have not had as much free time as I wanted this week.
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 10:09:55 AM »
Heidi, your card looks great.  I love the wild, snow storm-look it has.  Thank you for playing.
Daria

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 09:58:37 AM »
I did the Color My World Challenge a second time.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1221&message_id=1e9bc63f5da52815081048eeb07c9f84&message_icon=info#cpgMessageBlock

I think that using colored pencils over markers really adds a lot.  I will be using that combo in the future.
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 03:47:32 PM »
I made another window to the world card for this second chance challenge.  Thank you djc for hosting this challenge.

Link to card in the gallery.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2015, 05:56:20 PM »
Here is a link to my Faux Patina card.  This is the first card I completed for the original challenge.  Thanks Daria for the inspiration to finish the challenges!
...Jan

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 02:03:38 AM »
I have finished my last card a full hour early!  Here is the link to my card.
Thanks Daria!

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 02:21:45 AM »
Wow!  You guys posted a bunch of cards while I wasn't looking.  I have enjoyed looking at them.  I'm sitting here with a silly grin on my face.  (Jan's last card!) 

I managed to do one challenge--Heidi's Hangover Challenge, the Bokeh Technique.  I went into the craft room last night on my way to bed and ended up watercoloring the background so it would be dry today.  I didn't have to leave the house so early today so I went in and cut down the dry watercolor paper, made some inked backgrounds (that had an unhappy ending), and added the circles.  When I got back from my friend's house this evening, I stamped my images (ruining some of the backgrounds), and made two cards. 

I'm happy that I was able to do that one challenge.

I have to leave early tomorrow, but when I return, Heidi and I will do the drawing of the names.

Daria
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:36:02 PM by djc »

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »
I have to catchup with the gallery, too, Dar. But I saw Jan's fingertips piece. Liked it, but loved her comments--esp. the 'blue for life' one. Guess all us folks who use our digits to apply/work with materials--inks, paints, glues, etc.--are lucky that our skiin flakes off & renews itself. But thank goodness for loofahs to assist the process.

Both the regular Fest & the Hangover have been great! O0
Daniel