Author Topic: CHA sneak peeks 2017  (Read 9052 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: CHA sneak peeks 2017
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »
Cindi, I did not see misti accessories.  What were they?

I did order the full set of Distress Oxides inks.  Now I need to think of where to keep them!  I may yet order the tonic positiner and I am interested in the scissors...

I did not see any stamps I absolutely have to have.  I guess I have enough of them to keep me busy for now!

I did see a masculine paper pad from My Mind's Eye I liked. It has a basic name, something like "For the guys," or something!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 07:46:35 PM »
I think I will go broke this year, love hot air balloons.  It looked like all the paper collections have hot air balloons on them!
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 09:23:02 PM »
They were plastic pieces to help position the cardstock, I think, and a plastic triangle to go in a corner and help you stamp on the diagonal ... I'll look for a link.

Yeah, if I hadn't just bought the We R stamp positioner, I might have gone for the Tonic.  It looks really nice.  It's not coming out till March though, right?

Also, did you see Judikins demo a little round stamp positioner?  It works just like a stamp-a-ma-jig.  It's round with a corner cut out of it.

I did see some hot air balloons ... I might look for the masculine paper.  I pretty much resisted looking at paper because I have way too much already.

ETA : Misti, piece to help you stamp straight sentiments, amen for that!  I'll have to watch again and see if I can work something for my positioiner!  Also a bag, grid paper, etc

ETA 2 : Judikins Cutie Pie stamp positioner.  I don't really get how this is better than a stamp-a-ma-jig ... looks like you have to supply your own acetate.  Maybe if you live in a "tiny house" or travel with your stamps?  It is compact.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:34:12 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:13 AM »
Cindi I had not seen the new stuff for the MISTI, I think I will be getting the plastic tools for it, I can see me using some of them, thanks so much for sharing! 
I have a stamp a ma jig already so I don't know if I would need the cutie pie, but it does look like it may be a little thicker.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2017, 01:14:14 PM »
At the end of Tim's U-tube video demo for his stamp positioner he demonstrates the faux watercolor technique using distress markers and spritizing one layer at a time.  It makes for more control of the water and probably can be done with any positioner.

I will be interested to hear AI's experience with the new Fiskars detailed scissors.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 01:16:35 PM by Far North »

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 12:21:45 PM »
Did anyone notice the We R Memories Stitch Happy sewing machine?  Video

I've seen a few different videos; this one has the most information so I linked it even though the picture/speech synchronization isn't good.  It will be interesting to see the reviews once it hits the market.  I definitely will purchase the needles to use in my as-of-now-unused Janome Mini that I bought over a year ago. 

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2017, 03:52:31 PM »
Yea I did hear that we can use those needles in any machine, I wondering if all that paper would muck up my machine for when I do my quilting though.  That is neat that they have different items we can sew with too instead of just thread. cool, I hadn't seen that

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 08:51:21 AM »
I just saw this video that shows a bit more tools that We R Memory keepers is coming out with, I know we had seen the sewing machine already but I hadn't seen these other goodies yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ePZSCSZvE

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »
Cool video!

I just saw Heidi's beautiful Distress Oxide Ink cards, and I came here to see if anyone was talking about those.  When I saw one of Tm Holtz's CHA videos, I thought I could live without them, and I probably will not get a bunch of them.  I still have some regular Distress Ink colors that I haven't used yet.  (Probably because I haven't been making cards.)  However, then I watched Jennifer McGuire's video.  Sigh.  Now I need to get at least three so I can make that gorgeous background she made with the Hero Arts Spiral Petals Stencil.

Daria

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
yep Jennifer's video sure does get you thinking you could use those inks doesn't it  :smitten:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
You enablers, you! ;)

I could have totally cared less about the oxide inks until I saw Heidi's cards and watched Jennifer's video!  Now I want them!  And you're right, I need at least 3.  Has anyone seen them in the stores yet?  I went to Michael's and Hobby Lobby last night and neither had them. 

I also think that sewing machine looks pretty cool.  Sewing with twine?  I'll be anxious to hear how people like it. 

Daria, you don't use your Janome?  Because it's a pain, or you just haven't gotten around to it?  M's has one on sale for $59 I think.  I was tempted but now I think I might wait.  Did one of you say the needles are universal?  That would be worth a shot in my old Singer if I get it running again.
Cindi

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2017, 09:21:30 AM »
 have only seen the inks in the two stamp stores, not in any of the big box stores yet

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2017, 12:03:31 PM »
Cindi.  I haven't even taken it out of the box!  All the reviews say that it's very good. My friend Kathy bought one for her granddaugher, and she has made clothes on it.  No problem at all.

Daria

ETA:  Gina K. did a video series short videos on Stamp TV on how to use it:

Sewing on Cards
Janome Sew-mini setup
Janome Sew-mini- bobbin and threading 1
Janome Sew-mini- threading 2
Janome Sew-mini stitching

« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 12:45:37 PM by djc »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
No, I have not see the Distress Oxides in stores. I pre ordered mine from a store called Marco Paper because they gave me 20% off for preordering and free shipping.
~~Heidi~~