Author Topic: How does “that” work for you?  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: How does “that” work for you?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 09:29:11 AM »
SU wheels-remember the stamps that came on wheels--one attached them to a handle and somewhat similiar to using a brayer to apply the ink to large surface areas.  I heard some people removed them from the wheels and chose to use them that way....just wondering if anyone did that and if it worked okay for you? 
I have mine located separate from my other stamps because of their size..and most often forget to use them. 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 10:35:19 AM »
I do no have any personal experience, but I have seen them in videos with The Frugal crafter before. I wonder if you searched her site for it if you would find more info.  Good luck!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 11:05:02 AM »
Thanks for sharing the tip Heidi!

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »
Oooooo.  Me!  Me! I had a whole drawer of wheel stamps and took them all off the wheels.  I use them on acrylic blocks by running some agt tape runner on the back of the stamp.  Works just like my bigger unmounted rubber stamps.  They aren't making any wheels now and you can't get the ink that fit in the wheels anymore so I'm not really sure what else you would do with them.  I have used them off the wheels in my Misti before.  They work great.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 11:16:08 PM »
 #>  Me too!  I found I was never using my wheels.  I couldn't drive straight, haha!  I unmounted mine.  I use poster tape or another repositionable tape, or even double stick scotch tape to adhere them to a large acrylic block.  Now they are stored in the same type container that new SU stamps come in (you can buy empties).   I haven't regretted unmounting, so I guess I could get rid of the wheel handles and spare wheel ... I saved them "just in case". 
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 12:42:26 AM »
Thanks Sadie and Cindi #>  Oh I am excited that you both had good success!  I can't wait to put these stamps with similar related topics..and save lots of room too!