Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Stamping Challenges / Re: Sprinfest23 - Bongo Twist
« Last post by Iring on April 02, 2023, 02:03:56 PM »
I finally did a Bingo Twist challenge!  I often don't get to it. 
Thanks for forcing me to use some ribbon and brads, I certainly have plenty!  Burlap, not as much.

"Bear"

I got out this bear stamp and die set, Julie Ebersole for Ellen Hustson, to try it with Connie's Bursting Out challenge, but it seemed too big.  I love how these challenges are pushing me to use stamps that have been waiting too long for ink!  He's so cute!  What have I been waiting for?  I have the bear and two accessory sets with dies.  I might need one more  ;).  It's fun how the die cuts out his arms to hold things.

Heidi, Rusty Pickle is an old, old brand from back in the days of Basic Grey.  They had some pretty quirky designs.  If I remember correctly they were more easy to find in scrapbook stores than in big box stores.  I have a few more sheets of fun Easter paper of theirs that I am still saving! 
Stamping Challenges / Re: Springfest 2023 - Four Corners
« Last post by Iring on April 02, 2023, 01:39:46 PM »
Heidi,

Here is the link to the youtube video showing Four Corners with snowflakes.  Warning, it's long but you can fast forward or watch at a faster speed.
« Last post by howdyheidi on April 02, 2023, 11:28:56 AM »
Cindi said something about doing a snowflake version of this (in the gallery) and that is such a good idea to do that and use it for 4 Christmas cards!  I will put that on my list. 
Stamping Challenges / Re: Springfest 2023 Bursting out
« Last post by howdyheidi on April 02, 2023, 11:28:03 AM »
Yeah, the gems or an enamel dot are good ideas. I will see what I have. I guess i would just put a glue dot underneath the paper to have it work like a brad. 
« Last post by Iring on April 02, 2023, 10:29:13 AM »
I tried!

Four tropical corners

Here is the background all in one piece

Thanks for the challenge April!
« Last post by Conniecrafter on April 01, 2023, 09:27:15 PM »
Cindi you did a great job, so sorry it was so stressful, but nice you used some goodies you haven't used before and some old ones too, like the brads, I still have quite a few myself :)

Heidi, I would have used some gems instead of the brads but it looks ok without them too.
Stamping Challenges / Re: SpringFest 2023 Infinity Shaker Card
« Last post by howdyheidi on April 01, 2023, 06:18:31 PM »
While I had my supplies out, I made another stenciled background I will save for another project. Those layered stencils are fun to work with. 
« Last post by howdyheidi on April 01, 2023, 06:08:17 PM »
Cindi!  I looked and I couldn’t find any brads at all so I just left them off. I used the foam dot like Connie said in her description and left it at that.  That is great that you used some paper you had been hoarding.  I haven’t even heard of that company!
« Last post by Iring on April 01, 2023, 05:30:54 PM »
Ugh!  I was so worried about getting the opening in the right spot, and then having room for the flaps to fold back ... and then getting the brads in the right place.  ha!  I don't know why this was so stressful!  And even after all the stressing I'm not totally happy with the size of the opening or the folds.  Oh well.  It's handmade, not Hallmark!

Pros :  I played with Rusty Pickle patterned paper I've been "saving" for years.  Used an old favorite SU chocolate bunny stamp, still on it's wood block :).  Used brads that I haven't used in forever.  I also stamped and die cut another image that I didn't think worked well for this technique ... and I've had that for a few years and it had never been stamped.  So this was a good challenge! 

Now to pick up the huge mess I made!

Happy Easter
Good Sales and/or Retail Therapy / Re: Echo Park Warehouse sale
« Last post by Conniecrafter on April 01, 2023, 04:53:41 PM »
oh yep, guess I didn't see anything I can't live without, but thanks for letting me know about that too, great deal!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10