Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2016 - November *** and December ***  (Read 3324 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2016 - November *** and December ***
« on: November 01, 2016, 09:46:21 AM »
We're getting down to the wire .... so let's get stampin'

Please post your Christmas creations in the album for this challenge in the gallery : Christmas Cards All Year 2016.

As always, follow the prompt, or not, we still want to see your Christmas cards.

This month's prompt, in keeping with Christmas icons is a Santa hat, either alone, on Santa or on an animal.

Happy Christmas stamping!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 09:13:25 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2016 - November
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:09:47 PM »
I am always very appreciative of this challenge! Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:56:59 PM »
Thank you Heidi!  You are welcome!
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 07:03:35 PM »
Here is my submission for Christmas All Year 2016 November.  I am combining this challenge with Uninked, as I purchased this image last year and just now got it out to play with.  Sorry the photo doesn't show the shimmer of the Stickles, as I had bad light today.

Nora S

http://duhnproductions.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=1004.0;last_msg=15566

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:38:01 PM »
I actually followed the prompt again.  My new penguin stamp set has one with a Santa hat and he is small and fun and easy to color. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3045#top_display_media

Thanks for looking!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »
I made cards with some uninked ornaments stamps.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/thumbnails.php?album=86
Born on the fourth of July

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 04:37:52 PM »
Not a traditional looking Santa hat, but this vintage Santa is wearing a hat!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3054#top_display_media
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 09:53:18 AM »
Thank you all for posting such wonderful Christmas cards!  I love looking at them!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 01:26:37 PM »
Finally!  I have something to post for my own challenge! 
Lucky me, Stampwilly Rak'd me with a stamp featuring an elephant wearing a Santa hat as part of my Bingo prize!  I also used some paper from the 6x6 pad she sent.  I'm entering this in the Uninked challenge Heidi is offering this month.
Cindi

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »
Here is my submission for this challenge.  One more card done!

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3066#top_display_media

Offline Nora S

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 04:31:30 PM »
Here is another card for this challenge.  I am getting there!

Nora S

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3067#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 10:14:14 PM »
Your cards are gorgeous, Nora!  Lucky are those who are on your Christmas card list!
Cindi

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 11:33:23 AM »
Well, it is now December 17, and I am still making Christmas cards.  This is what I get for procrastinating all year long.  I have had so much going on with the feral cats and foster cats that they have taken over my life.  They are now all spayed or neutered.  The eighteen kittens I brought into the house are down to six.  Eleven went to great homes.  One sadly died of an injury that I still don't understand.  One of the six is missing (A man working on the heating system left the door open.), but I'm counting her because we just have to find her.

I posted the eight Christmas Marathon cards in my gallery at scrapbook.com.  I posted my favorite one here, but I forgot to come here to this thread to link it:  Memory Box Grand Stag

Today I posted a card that I began months ago.  I colored them at Nora's house a long time ago.  I kept trying different matting/card base options and couldn't decide which to use.  Actually, a brown card base that matched the bare tree was a great option.  Then I decided to add some Wink of Stella.  Then I decided to add color to the sky.  At last, I just grabbed white cardstock and green mats and put the darn things together.  I made eight of these:
Stampendous Christmas Cottage

Last night I die cut seventeen Memory Box Bare Trees, sprayed them with adhesive, and added glitter.  I'm planning to remake one of the cards we made at the Marathon Class.  I have enough red foil cardstock to make a dozen cards.  I'm getting desperate here.  Assembly line here I come.  This morning, I brushed off the excess glitter.  Then I decided to cut the cardstock for the focal image and the mat.  I, unfortunately, decided to change the blade on my Genesis trimmer.  I've been using the same one for over ten years.  It's not really noticeable to the naked eye, but the edges are not as smooth as they use to be.  Now I can't get it to work right.  Darn.  I sent Bonnie (Bonnie's Best) an email asking for advice.  I hope she replies soon.  If I can finish those cards, I will have enough for this year.

I have one more to post so I'll be back soon.

Daria

ETA:  The trimmer is working fine.  I remembered that there was a way to adjust the position of the blade, and it's working fine now.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:22:40 PM by djc »