Author Topic: Christmas All Year 2017 - January  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Christmas All Year 2017 - January
« on: January 04, 2017, 09:47:12 AM »
 :D #> 8)  HAPPY NEW YEAR!  :laugh: :phone: :smitten:

Welcome to Christmas All Year 2017 where we will strive to make Christmas cards all year so we are not scrambling in December!
(and this year I hope to participate along with you!)

Sadie has an album in the Gallery all set up for us, called "Christmas Cards All Year 2017".  Please post your creations there so we can look at the whole year's worth when we're done.  Don't forget to link your cards here, whether or not you use the monthly prompt.  Prompts are always optional.

Ok.  So I think this year I will use Christmas carols as inspiration.
Let's start with

Jingle Bells
 (your card doesn't even need to have a bell on it, just let the carol inspire you, you might go with a "one horse open sleigh"!)

If anyone has an image they want to share for inspiration, or a card sketch, feel free to add it.  I went looking for an image but got bogged down in not wanting to post someone's image that isn't copyright free.  My own photos aren't that good, or organized either so I don't want to spend hours searching.  Anyone have a site for either images or sketches that you know we can borrow from?  Or something from those of you that have blogs you don't mind sharing here?  Or would you rather I suggest a technique or supply to go with the carol?  Opinions please!

ETA :  This month we'll go with an image as inspiration.  Please use the card made and shared by April as an inspiration piece - color, image, layout, embellishment (for example, ribbon) ... or not!  Your choice!  Thanks April!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 08:35:58 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Christmas All Year 2017 - January
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:05:34 PM »
Thank you for continuing this challenge! Wohoo!

I plan on doing some Christmas cards later in the month.  I know, it is hard to know what photos can be shared in this way!  I hope someone can help us with that!
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:31:43 AM »
Yay! Thank you Cindi! I really want to get back into making Christmas cards and tags this year. I didn't do well at all last year!

I love the prompts!the images are always fun.  Techniques are fun too. What about color schemes? Or maybe themes, like shabby chic, vintage,etc?
LeighAnn

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 10:05:24 AM »
Great! So glad you are doing this again.

Here is a link to one of my cards from last year where I used a sleigh. The image is from Sparkle N Sprinkle. They may have a digi of it if you want to use this.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=86&pid=2949#top_display_media

Good suggestions, LeighAnn!

I want to start on my cards today since hubby is gone and I won't have any interruptions!

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 08:41:59 PM »
I'm so happy to see we still have people excited to make Christmas cards.  All year!  Yay!  :D

LeighAnn, thanks for all of your suggestions.  I think I'll pick something at random each month.  One month an image, one a technique, one a style, color, etc.  And each month the common theme of a Christmas carol. 

April, I love your cards!  They are adorable, all of them!  I love that hat by the lamp post with the little jingle bell!  Thanks for sharing your previous sleigh card.  I hope you don't mind me using it as an inspiration image (more inspiring than just an image of the stamp alone).

We're off to a happy start!
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 08:55:50 AM »
Love your cards, April!

I worked on 3 yesterday, 2 of them have the bells theme!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-92&pid=3126#top_display_media
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-92&pid=3125#top_display_media

And this one, I was sort of testing an embossing powder I had in my stash. I noticed that it had started to get clumpy so I didn't think it would work but luckily it was okay! The blue cardstock isn't showing up true to color in here, irl its more of a periwinkle blue. On my screen though it looks purple!
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=-92&pid=3127#top_display_media

I hope to work on a couple more for the month, as well as some tags. Thanks again Cindi for hosting  O0
LeighAnn

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 10:18:34 AM »
Thanks for hosting, Cindi.

I really need to participate this year.

And good grief, April and LeighAnn, I can't believe you already have cards finished. 
Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 11:39:14 AM »
And good grief, April and LeighAnn, I can't believe you already have cards finished.

I know!  Way to get this party started!  haha!

I'm taking down my tree today (finally)  :( 
Maybe if I get a move on, I can reward myself with some crafting time?!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 01:49:23 PM »
We just took down our tree too!  It feels much more spacious and, funny thing, maybe that will help me feel free to craft more! We shall see!
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 02:10:20 PM »
See.  I already forgot that I plan to make a few Christmas cards every month this year.  I don't want to be making them in December the way I did last year.  Nonetheless, if I hadn't seen April's cards in the gallery, I would have let January slip away without a card.  Now that doesn't mean that I'm going to run in and begin cards right now.  I have to let the idea take root first.  lol. 

I love the idea of using Christmas songs for inspiration.

Cindi, thanks for hosting again.

Daria

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 11:39:54 AM »
Daria, I will remind you.  Every month!  haha!  I'm glad you like the theme  :smile:

Everyone, please remember you might be able to use Winter Fest challenges to work on your Christmas card stash!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 01:26:33 PM »
I haven't forgotten this challenge. I just am not QUITE ready to work on Christmas projects yet!  Soon!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 02:05:54 PM »
here is one more card for this challenge. I did not use any of the prompts, but now I have made 4 Christmas cards already! Yay!

April :smile:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3151#top_display_media

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 02:00:44 PM »
Thanks for linking up here.  Such a pretty card!
Cindi