Author Topic: September 2017 Monthly Challenge  (Read 3703 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
September 2017 Monthly Challenge
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:03:25 AM »
Welcome to the September Perfect Pearls Challenge!
During the organization of my crafty supplies I realized I have not used my paints and powders that provide iridescent and shimmering effects.   So I decided to focus this challenge on using Perfect Pearls.  If you haven’t tried using them with stamps or stencils this challenge is your opportunity.  If you are ready for more ideas you might try using them with layering stamps.  Make any items you wish. If you don’t have Perfect Pearls please substitute the best you can.

Please post your work in the challenge gallery with the title-Sept 2017 Monthly Challenge and then provide a link on this thread with comments about your experience. 
Hope you have fun and achieve some beautiful effects!...Jan

Here are a couple videos you may want to review:
lostinpaper shares using Perfect Pearls with a stencil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otbw2Y-uJc0&t=30s

Jennifer McGuire-starts off demonstrating stamping with Perfect Pearls in this video from her Thinking Inking series.  She shares many techniques to use Perfect Pearls in the 3 videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk4tchh1VwA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcM09XTZIrQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVb8FVMhWx8

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: September 2017 Monthly Challenge
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »
Great challenge. I do love using the perfect pearls, but don't always think to get them out.  Great video to use them with stencils, that would be new for me.  And a great reminder about the Thinking Inking videos!

Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:10:39 PM »
This will be fun to use these in other ways.

April :smile:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
Thank you Jan!  It will be fun to revisit the Thinking Inking videos and get out the Perfect Pearls ... it's been too long.
Cindi

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 08:32:15 PM »
Made my first card with perfect pearls, ok three try's.
Bought the perfect pearls several years ago but never used them.
Thank you for the push to use them.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3507#top_display_media
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 09:31:09 PM »
Thanks Sheila for sharing your first card with Perfect Pearls.  I recall signing onto a Perfect Pearl ATC swap prior to playing with them.  I'm sure that was prior to You Tube videos.  Wow I struggled understanding the idea of bouncing the powder.  I am happy there are so many stampers who take the time to make videos!  Thanks for jumping into this challenge!...Jan
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:32:56 PM by Far North »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 05:00:42 AM »
Ah-h finally I recalled who made this video with layered stamps...duh, why Jennifer of course.  I am thinking it would be fun use this technique for some Christmas cards.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 09:52:32 AM »
I was picturing doing the perfect pearls in a different order than how Jennifer did it.  I like the drama of the process the way she did it. I might try both ways. Depending on your stamp set, it might work better one way than the other.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 04:44:51 AM »
April, thanks for giving both stenciling and layered stamping a try with Perfect Pearls! Wonderful work on both cards.

Heidi, I agree with you...  Not all layered stamps are designed to create the same type of layered effects.  The approach to each layering may need tp be different.  I look forward to seeing your results!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 09:17:19 PM »
I have some and haven't given them a try yet, my hubby bought them for his art, great challenge to get me to try them.  But I think it is time for bed, I fell asleep watching the video's.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2017, 06:34:48 AM »
I tried a few of my stamp layering sets and they really did not look good with Jennifer's method. However, I do have a cool background made and just need to decide how to finish it.  When I really like my backgrounds, that is when I have the hardest time making them into a card!!
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
I tried using the Perfect Pearls with stencils and found that very fun. I just used a little round sponge to apply the perfect pearl medium through the stencil. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=3546#top_display_media

I added a photo of the background before finishing it.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 11:02:40 AM »
Does anyone have experience on whether you get a better result stamping with versamark or perfect pearls medium if you want to get a stamped image with perfect pearls?  I have seen a few examples on pinterest with very crisp looking stamping and I would love for mine to look like that!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 05:56:27 PM »
Heidi, thanks for your terrific work with the stencils and Perfect Pearls...sorry the layered stamping didn't work with your stamps.  Thanks for playing!