Stamping > Stamping Challenges

Springfest 2023 Bursting out-- We have a winner

(1/4) > >>

Conniecrafter:
I did another card for our challenge.  I chose a fairly small image so I would have room to fold back the center portions.  I colored the image and then I chose a die that was close to the size of my image, took a 6x6 paper and centered the die that was close to the size of my image and made little marks on the outside of my die to know where to cut my x from corner to corner, then peeled back the strips. I used a thick foam dot to put under each one so that they wouldn't be crushed in the envelope, although I plan on hand delivering this one. I added the brads to hold done each peace going around.

Here is the finished card: http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=5961#top_display_media

Hope I was able to explain all that, I didn't have any instructions I just saw one on Pinterest that didn't lead anywhere so the above is just how I did mine.  I would like you to use a stamp as your image, you don't have to have pattern paper as your base, that is just what I used to make it easier for me to line every thing up. And I like the look of double sided papers.

Please use Springfest 2023 Bursting out when posting.

Iring:
I had to do a double take, but now I get which parts are folded back.  Thanks for the challenge!

howdyheidi:
Your card is really pretty.  I have a feeling I will be cutting that x more than once before I get it right but I think this sounds fun.

stampwilly:
I agree with Heidi about making the x. This is so pretty!

April

Conniecrafter:
I used a x-acto blade with a steel ruler to get a cut from one corner to the other, that worked the easiest

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version