Author Topic: Stamp N Dash Roll-on Watercolor challenge---Closed  (Read 7579 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Stamp N Dash Roll-on Watercolor challenge---Open 7/2 to 7/10
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 09:34:13 AM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=322

I used my second panel to make two Christmas cards in combination with Daria'
s Christmas in July Challenge.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: Stamp N Dash Roll-on Watercolor challenge---Open 7/2 to 7/10
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »
Oh Heidi what a great way to use your other background! Thanks for sharing.  I really love your embossing folder...I have 2 snowflake folders and they don't have a moment of white space-the like the cleaner look of yours.

Offline Christinmay

• Stampers
Re: Stamp N Dash Roll-on Watercolor challenge---LAST DAY
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 02:27:21 AM »
Jan, I've completed this challenge, but I'm having trouble uploading it - I keep getting error messages. I don't have time to try again now, but I will later...
Christin

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 02:58:04 AM »
Christin-the written instructions on this forum as well as additional comments were very helpful.  Did you check to see if the size of your  photo needs to be reduced...others have had that issue. Please add a link here when you get it posted.
Thanks for letting me know your status.

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2014, 10:31:00 PM »
Well, heck, Jan.  I finished mine, but I didn't post them.  That's ok.  I'll post them anyway.  I made a bunch of backgrounds and five cards.  Since they're too late for your challenge, I'll post them in the Winter Holiday Cards in July Album and link them here for you to see.

Well, I can't post them.  I'm getting an error message:
Error
A valid form token could not be found.

I ran into this problem before--not sure what it means.  I  posted one picture, 640x480 pixels.  I copied and pasted my description that isn't very long.  Maybe it's too long.  I don't know.

Anyway, it can be seen at Scrapbook.com.  Roll-On Watercolor & Christmas in July.

I'll try to post it in this gallery again later.  I'll probably have to limit it to the listing format I used before.

Thanks for the challenge.
Daria 

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 03:58:09 AM »
Daria, I'm sorry that you couldn't post here but I understand since my computer is giving me fits and I also couldn't post my last card.  I am not sure if Sadie has an end date on submitting to the challenge album.  Perhaps that is the problem.  If so posting in the open gallery is fine too and putting a link here is okay by me as well learn all the ins and outs of the gallery.  I did leave you a comment on you post.

My last card is here on my blog.  I combined real flowers with a stamped image on the rolled background.

Christin, sure hope you can post your card somewhere so we can leave you some comments!

Tlhanks all for your on-going patience as we work through learning the ways of doing things in our new home! 
...Jan

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 01:27:14 PM »
Jan, your card is gorgeous!  I left a comment on your blog.

I could not upload my card to your challenge or mine, and mine is definitely still open.  I just think I must have had too much to say.  I plan to try again today, but I can't take another rejection right now.

My son gave me his old cell phone so I could access the internet with it and keep an inventory of my craft supplies.  I love it!  But I can't get it to work with my Google Account, and I can't access the new gmail account it made me sign up for.  It keeps telling me that it belongs to someone else, but that someone else is me!  That's enough rejection for one day.  LOL.

Lots of learning curves for me right now.  It's so nice to be able to come here and vent a bit. :laugh:

Daria  

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »
OK.  I shortened the post, and it's now in the Winter Holiday Cards in July Challenge album.  Right Here

I checked out Sadie's tag post.  I'm pretty sure my post wasn't as long as hers, but it wouldn't let me go beyond a certain point in the explanation.  Do you think the size of the type matters?  Sadie used a smaller font.

I love that we can edit our praise comments!  How cool is that!

Daria

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2014, 05:10:29 PM »
I didn't get a chance to play but I have to say the cards in the gallery for this challenge are wonderful!

Thanks for hosting this challenge and showcasing this technique Jan. I really like the results.
Im going to have to try it when I get the chance!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Re: Stamp N Dash Roll-on Watercolor challenge---Closed
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 08:11:04 PM »
I'm late for the challenge, but I wanted to give it a try anyway!.  I was happiest when I could force myself to leave well enough alone.  When I rolled over and over it just looked like any other brayered background.  When I finally limited myself to rolling once, or at most twice I got cooler results!

Here are two backgrounds I made with Kaleidacolor Pumpkin Patch ink on watercolor paper.

Here is my first card "Just dropping you a line"

Here is my second card.  

Thanks for sharing this technique!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:13:58 PM by Iring »
Cindi