Author Topic: Color My World Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 8319 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Color My World Challenge (2/21 to 3/1)
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 09:08:00 PM »
LeighAnn - thanks for playing.  I love what you did with that image. She came out fabulous.
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 06:41:18 PM »
Here's mine, Sarah! It was a perfect match with my fingertip art challenge.

I so enjoyed the chance to use multiple coloring media, as well as techniques to layer the various media.  O0
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »
Great card, Daniel.  I love that frog.  Thanks for playing.
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2015, 03:38:30 PM »
Here is my entry for this challenge.  I used 6 different mediums to make a scrapbooking pocket page card.  This was really fun to do.  Thank you for such a wonderful challenge.

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 09:05:31 PM »
Great project, Sadie.  And I'm really impressed with the number of medium you managed to use. Thanks for playing.
Sarah

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2015, 11:52:21 AM »
Great card, Connie.  Thanks for playing along.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 02:35:38 AM »
The gallery is locked so I can not post there. We agreed during Inktoberfest planning that folks in PST and Alaska Standard Time would have allowances made so ALL had until midnight to post and be included in challenges.  I have seen nothing describing this event to be different. I hopeful my card can still be placed in the gallery as an official entry. I also would still like to be included in the drawing!

WF15 Surprise Stencil; WF15 Color My World
This was such a fun challenge!  I used the stencil layout to create my own collage version. I created several backgrounds to determine what would work best.  The chick stamp is from Red Rubber stamps and is covered with 2 colors of flocking one with glitter.  The grasshopper is by Stampendous and the numbers stamp is by Tim Holtz as well as the dotted fade stencil behind the chick.  Please ask if you want to know the company for any other stamp. 

To create the collage I used distress stains and inks ,  Wendy Vecchi archival inks, wink of stella, embossing powder, Viva Pearl ice white to paint the feathers and of course the flocking. 
Key Words: Spring; collage; watercolor; stencils

One of my favorite challenges!
TFL!...Jan

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 09:00:39 AM »
Jan - that stinks about the gallery, but no worries, I will include you in the RAK drawing.  Your collage is fabulous.  The chick is super cute and I really like the grasshopper.  I love how bright and cheery the colors are.  Thanks for play. 
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 10:11:21 AM »
The gallery is locked so I can not post there. We agreed during Inktoberfest planning that folks in PST and Alaska Standard Time would have allowances made so ALL had until midnight to post and be included in challenges.  I have seen nothing describing this event to be different. I hopeful my card can still be placed in the gallery as an official entry. I also would still like to be included in the drawing!

WF15 Surprise Stencil; WF15 Color My World
This was such a fun challenge!  I used the stencil layout to create my own collage version. I created several backgrounds to determine what would work best.  The chick stamp is from Red Rubber stamps and is covered with 2 colors of flocking one with glitter.  The grasshopper is by Stampendous and the numbers stamp is by Tim Holtz as well as the dotted fade stencil behind the chick.  Please ask if you want to know the company for any other stamp. 

To create the collage I used distress stains and inks ,  Wendy Vecchi archival inks, wink of stella, embossing powder, Viva Pearl ice white to paint the feathers and of course the flocking. 
Key Words: Spring; collage; watercolor; stencils

One of my favorite challenges!
TFL!...Jan

Far North, The gallery is not locked, the Winterfest 2015 album is not locked.  If you cannot upload then sign out of the forum, go to the gallery and make sure you are signed out and then sign back into the forum and then go back to the gallery and you should be able to upload again.  Be sure to close the gallery window and reopen it after signing back into the forum.  I am sorry you had problems with the gallery, but nothing has been changed and no one has been locked out.

Sadie
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2015, 10:53:35 AM »
Happy to say my card is now in the gallery!  Thanks Sarah for your consideration and sweet comments too!

Here is my gallery post...thanks for looking!...Jan

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 02:54:57 PM »
Jan, how did you get the flocking and glitter to stick to the chickie?  It looks amazing!
~~Melissa :)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2015, 06:22:23 PM »
I used my Zig glue pen and pressed the flocking onto the glue.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »
I know you've been eagerly awaiting the announcement of the winner.  But I had a little trouble.

I decided to get the pets to help pick the winner.  I put everyone's name on a piece of paper, folded it up and put it in a hat. 

When I showed Myrna the hat, she sniffed it a few times but decided that there was nothing tasty in the hat and turned her nose up at it.  So no winner.

When I showed Dashiell the hat, he ate several of the pieces of paper before I could get the hat away from him.  So no winner.

I redid the names and showed Nora (one of the cats).  She batted several piece under the couch where I couldn't reach them.  So no winner.

So I redid the names again.  When I showed Stink (the other cat), she picked a name but ran off with the piece of paper before I could see who it was and hit it under the bed, where I can't reach it.  So no winner.

I finally gave up and used a random number generator.

And the winner is LeighAnn.  Let me know if you've moved, otherwise I will mail your RAK sometime this week.

Congrats, LeighAnn.  And thanks everyone for playing.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Color My World Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2015, 07:26:34 PM »
lol, uncooperative pets!

Congrats LeighAnn!

Thanks for hosting.  I think this is one I would like to redo during hangover if I have time.
~~Heidi~~