Author Topic: WF15 "Getting to Know You" Chatty Game  (Read 4506 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
WF15 "Getting to Know You" Chatty Game
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »

1)  Your first name/your screenname
2)  How did you get started stamping?
3)  Who do you stamp with?
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)?
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects?
7)  How many stamps do you have?
8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days?
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product?
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:59:02 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Re: WF15 "Getting to Know You" Chatty Game
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 07:27:16 AM »
thanks for a fun chat game, Heidi!

1)  Your first name/your screenname. lovepug2/LeighAnn
2)  How did you get started stamping? I started out scrapbooking but lost interest in that but still loved playing with paper so I moved on to cardmaking and haven't looked back.
3)  Who do you stamp with? myself. Sometimes my 3 year old stamps with me.
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)? I loke a lot of differnt styles but tend do gravitate towards clean and simple and modern
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? an interior designer. I actually pursued that dream and have a degree in it but never used it :-\.
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? our forum! Challenges, Pinterest, you tube.
7)  How many stamps do you have? I have no idea the actual #!I have 2 sterilite boxes of clear/cling and a 3 drawer sterilite caddy of wooden.
8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days? yes. I have my eye on some floral sets that I'm waiting for them to get back on stock so I can order them.
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product? hmmm, this is s tough one! Probably my paper trimmer since there's no way I could cut a straight line without it.
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with? not yet! I need to check out the list. From what I saw yesterday, all sounds fun!
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 08:39:50 AM »
Well this is one I know I can do, LOL
1)  Your first name/your screenname Connie/Conniecrafter
2)  How did you get started stamping? went to a stampin up party
3)  Who do you stamp with?just me
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)?oh I love vintage and shabby chic, but I make cards for my whole family so it is whatever would suit them
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Mom, worked toward being a secretary but ended up babysitting then staying home with my daughter
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? All of you and the blogs I follow
7)  How many stamps do you have? Oh my way too many, I wouldn't have time to do the challenges if I count
8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days? trying not to, need to pay off having my dogs teeth pulled a couple weeks ago, EXPENSIVE
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product? Dies
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with? No not yet, feel a little overwhelmed right now, back to reading them  :D

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
1)  Your first name/your screenname: Craft Nerd - Sarah
2)  How did you get started stamping? I started a scrapbook (which still isn't finished) and ended up switching to cardmaking
3)  Who do you stamp with? All by my lonesome - although Dashiell tries to get in my lap sometimes
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)? I don't know that I have a favorite style - I tend toward cute images and elegant images; but like Connie, I've got lots of stamps geared toward the people in my life
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Ballerina and then lawyer - I am a lawyer because there was no chance I was ever going to be a ballerina
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? Everywhere - the challenges and gallery here, other people's blogs, sale circulars - those things are a gold mine for ideas and I'm not talking about the one's for craft stores
7)  How many stamps do you have? I don't even want to contemplate the number - let's just go with a lot/ too dang many
8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days? No - see my answer to #7
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product? This is tough - I'd say my silhouette but that is really a love/ hate relationship.  Ribbon, I love ribbon
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with? Gesso Resist since it needs time to dry
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 10:14:09 AM »
1)  Your first name/your screenname: Melissa/yellowcherrios
2)  How did you get started stamping? I think I just started talking to ya'll and doing challenges at Twopeas, b/c before that I didn't stamp too often except on a card or two here and there.
3)  Who do you stamp with? Myself; sometimes DH is in the room since we share a craft/computer room.
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)? This is a hard one, since I am not sure what my style is.  I like elegant stuff a lot, so swirls and flowers.  I too have to say it also depends on the card I am making for someone and their style/likes.
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? when I was real little it was a banker since they gave out lolipops overtime my mom would go thru the drive-thru (and I did get a math degree....but that is different than a banker); and later it was a marine biologist (b/c I loved dolphins).
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? An upcoming event is probably a truest statement here...but I am getting motivated more and more by blogs I get/read.  I have to try the circular ads!  great idea Sarah!
7)  How many stamps do you have? Oh I am not sure---if you asked me 3 years ago I probably could had told you easily, but now..
8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days? No
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product? Right now it is my Cameo...I am loving the drawing it can do and cutting gout my stamped images.
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with?   No...I am about to print out the cheat sheet first, then start getting supplies together for multiple ones...try that approach for planning and see how it goes.
~~Melissa :)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 11:09:19 AM »

1)  Your first name/your screenname CarfreeSadie/Sadie

2)  How did you get started stamping? Back in 1978 I was in a craft store and saw some invitation stamps, the kind that said You are invited with a place for time, date, when, where so I bought it and a tiny gold teardrop colorbox stamp pad.  I went to Ben Franklin and bought some card stock and made some birthday cards for one of the children to send to relatives.  I was hooked! 

3)  Who do you stamp with? I used to stamp with the itty bitty dog and the fat cat but they have both passed on to their greater rewards so I stamp by myself.

4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)?  I like all different styles and it is really hard for me to put my style into a category.

5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?  This will sound strange but where I grew up, when I grew up, and how I grew up I just wanted to grow up, I never really thought about what I wanted to be.

6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? Usually things I see in everday life, trees, birds, buildings, something on tv, inspiration comes from everything and anything.

7)  How many stamps do you have? It seems like a lot until I don't have a stamp for something special.  I own 9 big binders full of unmounted rubber stamps, I own 8 of the newer smaller binders full of acrylic and rubber stamps from the last 15 years, I have two binders full of individual stamps in some older flippy things, and I have a spinner full of itty bitty sets of stamps.  I can spend a lot of time looking for that one special stamp.  The funny thing is that I know what I have and can usually find what I want to use fairly easily.

Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days?  I'm not sure, I never really "plan" on buying any craft things, the mood strikes and off I go looking for something.

9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product?  I am sitting in the craft room typing this so I really can't single out one particular thing or all the other things will get jeolous!  LOL

10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with?  I am starting with Howdyheidi's challenge, it is sitting and drying so I can emboss it.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
It is so fun to read these and get to know you guys better!

1)  Your first name/your screenname

Heidi/howdyheidi

2)  How did you get started stamping?

I started seriously stamping a few years ago after trying to purchase a themed baby shower invitation, and not finding what I wanted, so I decided to just make them.  I made a lot of mistakes, including using removable adhesive on them!  I got a lot of great compliments and then I was hooked.

3)  Who do you stamp with?

Usually just me, very infrequently one of the kids, but not very often anymore.  Twice I have stamped with some friends and one friend in particular really likes it.

4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)?

I think I like traditional looking for flowers, but a clean and modern (maybe not clean and simple) look often too. I try to try a lot of different things though! 

5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

When I was really little, I wanted to be a gym teacher.  I have no idea why!

6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects?

Mostly within the group of people here! Our fests here are so great because even if you don't have time to complete everything, you may be able to go back to it later.  I am starting to use Pinterest more and actually make things based on pins too.

7)  How many stamps do you have?

So, I haven't counted, but quite a few.  I have two steralite shoe boxes full of clear and cling, and three steralite drawers with woodmount.

8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days?

Yes, probably because I have a gift certificate to Gina K. I am waiting to see what comes out in the next release.

9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product?

Probably embossing folders.  I still get all happy when you take a plain sheet of cardstock and make it look all cool with a simple embossing folder. 

10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with?

I started with making a background for Jan's sketching challenge, but it isn't dry yet and I want to practice on plain paper so that will probably not be the first one I finish.  I have an idea for Daria's Old and New challenge so I might do that next. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 12:26:21 PM »
Melissa - I love your reason for wanting to be a banker.   :laughhard:

It seems like a lot until I don't have a stamp for something special.

Isn't that how it always works out.  You have a gazillion and six stamps but never the one you need for a particular project. And I know Daniel would disagree with thought, but he's too creative for words and would figure out how to get the image he wants from what he has.  So his vote doesn't count.  ;D
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 10:06:39 PM »
1)  Your first name/your screenname  -- April (stampwilly )
2)  How did you get started stamping? -- saw the magic of embossing powder
3)  Who do you stamp with? -- many stamping friends
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)? -- I try my hand at a lot of styles, I like shabby chic       best

5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? -- teacher and I was!
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? -- by looking at the stamp, or paper, I like to make my own designs, but sometimes will copy but tweak something

7)  How many stamps do you have?  -- thousands
8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days? -- not planning too, but who knows? LOL!
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product? -- DIES
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with? -- nope

Stampwilly :smile:

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »
1)  Your first name/your screenname  --

April (CaribbeanGirl)

2)  How did you get started stamping? --

I am a scrapbooker and spent alot of time at Archiver's before it closed. I was amazed at all of the stamping projects that were on display, so I signed up for a class and was immediately hooked!

3)  Who do you stamp with? --

Just me and sometimes my 5 year old  ;)

4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)? --

Usually simple and modern. I like to try different things though.

5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? --

A bank teller. I always wanted to work the little drawer thingy at the drive thru  ;D

6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? --

Our group; Pinterest; blogs that I follow

7) How many stamps do you have?  --

Do we really need to go there?! Way too many!!  :o

8) Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days? --

I sure don't need too!!  ::)

9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product? --

My Silhouette Cameo

10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with? --

I need to finish mine!  :laughhard:
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 10:50:59 PM »
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? --

A bank teller. I always wanted to work the little drawer thingy at the drive thru  ;D

April--I forgot about the drawer thingy!!  I too loved it and always wondered what it'd be like to open it for the cars....  ;D
~~Melissa :)

Offline Vroni_garmisch

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 04:55:48 AM »

1)  Your first name/your screenname  Veronica / vroni_garmisch
2)  How did you get started stamping? I got a stampset for my 5th birthday ( I still have it but don't really use it anymore )
3)  Who do you stamp with? I don't have any stamping friends here but back in the States In love stamping with my aunt and my college roommate
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)? I don't think I have one
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A kindergarten teacher - I am a kindergarten teacher now :-)
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects? I love to look thru the gallery here
7)  How many stamps do you have? 9 stampin up sets 14 random sets and a shoebox full of wood stamps
  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days? No - there aren't any craft stores with stamps here
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product? My cuttlebug
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with? Ohh not sure I have started on three but they all need to be finished :-)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 07:34:04 AM »
1)  Your first name/your screenname      Jan/Far North
2)  How did you get started stamping?    a visit to my sister
3)  Who do you stamp with?                   Bianca, my dog
4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)?  mixed media
5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?         a worker with Walt Disney
6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects?    online, magazines, nature
7)  How many stamps do you have?        Just enough for today  ;)
8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days?   no plans but I am expecting an order soon
9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product?    embossing folders and stencils
10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with?   no, life has been over the top busy and I need to finish reading the descriptions.

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 12:41:16 PM »
1)  Your first name/your screenname.   I'm Daniel to most; Looser to some & 'loser' to a few (mostly Bingo players).

2)  How did you get started stamping?  It was a natural transition from stenciling back in the '80s when I did (& taught) classes in creating wearable art & home decor crafts.

3)  Who do you stamp with?  IRL, it's just me myself & I (gets a bit crowded sometimes), but I have all of you beside me in spirit!  :smitten:

4)  What is your favorite style for stamping/crafting (shabby chic/vinatage/steampunk/modern, etc)? My favorite 'style' is whatever I'm doing at the time I'm doing it. Almost always a blend of various types.

5)  When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?  An 'artist'. And very rich. Missed the boat on that from a $ standpoint, but such is life.

6)  Where do you get your motivation/inspiration for your stamping projects?  From anything & everything--including fits of boredom. When I was an active craft professional, my motivation was sometimes dollar-related, too.

7)  How many stamps do you have? No idea & not about to count them. I'll have fewer as I sort them for keeping & sale, but quanity ain't my 'style'.

8)  Are you planning to buy new stamps in the next 30 days?  Probably not, but you never know.

9)  Other than stamps and inks, what is your favorite crafting product?  Gotta be paint--all sorts!

10) Do you know what Winterfest challenge you are going to start with? Already did it--Stampwilly's Window challenge.

...Isn't that how it always works out.  You have a gazillion and six stamps but never the one you need for a particular project. And I know Daniel would disagree with thought, but he's too creative for words and would figure out how to get the image he wants from what he has.  So his vote doesn't count.  ;D

LOL, Sarah! Thanks for the compliment(?).  While I was sorting stuff yesterday, I ran across a trade mag from 2000. In an article about how we choose stamps to purchase, the author spoke about stamp consumers being unlikely to buy stamps that were so simple they could just 'draw' them.

I heartily disagree. Even the simpliest stamp image allows us to be very creative.  Far as a 'needed' image? I've had a few of those. Sometimes they turn out to be just that, but... I admit that I am less an impulse consumer than I was--& not just due to concern about money. Experience plays a significant role in my current shopping & I bet that's true for many of us--pld & new stampers, alike.

My vote may not 'count'  :tickedoff:, but I will be heard, Nerd! :laugh: #> Luvya, Sarah! :smitten:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:29:26 PM by Looser »
Daniel

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »

LOL, Sarah! Thanks for the compliment(?). 

Definitely a compliment.  And I know you know I was only teasing about your vote not counting and I figured you would definitely be heard on the matter.  O0 
Sarah