Author Topic: March 2015 ATC swap Partners Posted  (Read 15064 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: March 2015 ATC swap Partners Posted
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
DIs are dye inks, but they are a bit slower to dry than 'regular' dye inks. That allows us to play with them in many ways that quick-drying dye inks don't. That said, they don't always stamp as smooth as regular dye inks. That's why they are 'Distress' inks.

I've seen some stampers use DIs like pigment ink with EPs. And they are very watercolor technique compatible. ;)

Daniel

Offline Utah Ann

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »
I changed to Staz On and no smears.  In fact my ATC is in the mail on it's way to CaribbeanGirl. 

I will be playing with this technique more and watching to see what works best for me, in the future. 

Thanks for the hints you all shared.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 11:45:00 AM »
I just now got the most beautiful ATC in the mail from Lovepug2.  It's got the most interesting butterfly/hummingbird on it.  The watercolor is beautiful.  Thank you Lovepug2 this will look beautiful in my ATC binder.......
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 06:49:37 PM »
 :( Sorry I missed this month's ATC swap!  We were out of town when sign ups occurred.  I'm anxious to see everyone's ATCs.  Have fun.  I love the "take flight" theme!
Cindi

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 09:02:05 AM »
Unable to feel able to commit to this month's swap, I passed. But found I had time to make one afterall. So I sent it to Pug. She's free to keep it or pass it along to someone of her choosing.

I had fun with my Surprise ATC. I used Bokeh technique for the BG.
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »
Here is my ATC I sent to Sadie. So glad you like it!

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=1241

Not only did I recieve a surprise one from Dan the man but today I got a beauty from Yankee!  I love the bright colors on the butterflies Yankee! Thanks for sending it to me. Swapping is so fun isn't it!?!

Cindi, no worries! If you are interested still, I will swap with you. Just let me know!
LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 09:59:08 PM »
Yes!  Thank you LeighAnn, I'd like to swap.  I made an ATC tonight and I can have it in the mail tomorrow.  I will message you.
Cindi

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2015, 10:18:48 AM »
I think my ATC is finished---I'm letting it rest on the table to see if I want to add anything else....IT doesn't feel springy to me--but it is taking flight!  lol!
~~Melissa :)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »
Hi all,

I am sorry, but I am not going to get my ATC out today. It will however go out Monday for sure. I had to take hubby to emergency yesterday and it's been a mad house around here!

I received my ATC from Sadie. It is awesome. Thank you Sadie!

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2015, 01:10:08 PM »
Well, I had a last minute redo after I read Cindi's post yesterday.  I had forgotten the challenge was more than watercoloring...and had not used a flying object.  So I redid last night and it is now ready for mailing today to Ann.

SW lady so sorry to hear of more health issues for your DH...sending good healthy thoughts your way!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »
Kathy, I hope DH is okay!
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2015, 01:35:54 PM »
Ok for some reason I thought mail-by date was March 17---I have no idea where I got that!  And I just watched the mailman drive by delivering mail while I ate lunch so I guess mine is going in the mail Monday....sorry  Yankee!   :-\
~~Melissa :)

Offline CaribbeanGirl

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
I didn't make it to the post office before they closed today, so my ATC will be in the mail to Heidi on Monday (along with her rack from my challenge). Between sick kids, medical appointments, and preparing to move I can't keep my days straight right now  :idiot2:
Warning: Easily Distracted By Glitter

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 08:03:51 PM »
LeighAnn, I put the ATC I sent you in the gallery.
I haven't figure how to do the link on my iPad.  Any one know how?
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 09:08:42 PM »
I sent you ATC off on Friday, Melissa.

Well, I had a last minute redo after I read Cindi's post yesterday.  I had forgotten the challenge was more than watercoloring...and had not used a flying object. 

I had a similar issue, except, I remembered both the flight and the watercolor components, but realized that the image I used was of a flightless bird.  ::)  Fortunately, I was able to add some dragonfly ribbon, so I didn't have to start over.  Because I really liked my chick. 

Kathy - I how hubby is ok.
Sarah