Author Topic: Can we set the date for our next stamping event ahead of time???  (Read 5332 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
I know we are still on the last day of Winterfest.  However, our next Stamping Fest is usually held in June and was called WorldWide Stamping Week.  I was wondering if we could set a date now so people could plan ahead?

Is there a real WSW or was that created at TwoPeas?

I hope some of you will want to chime in here!  TIA!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Can we set the date for our next stamping event ahead of time???
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 08:31:01 PM »
I tried googling it, and it looks like worldwide stamping week was a TwoPeas thing.  I Thdefinitely think it is a good idea to get a head start on picking the days for the next fest.  That way everyone can plan ahead accordingly. 

Do we want the next fest in June still? Given that it is just me in the house, I'm pretty flexible on the when.
Sarah

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
I was trying to remember what the one in the summer was called but couldn't remember....

so it looks like a festival every 4 months?

~~Melissa :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 11:47:36 AM »
If memory serves, the Stamping weekend/week was a result of our (2Ps) forum deciding that the 'Scrapping' party wasn't a draw for many of us. So we did our own 'party'.

Regardless of that, I agree with Heidi & Sarah that we Inksters might want to consider working on a 'party plan' for AI. That doesn't mean we have to follow what we did @ 2Ps.

So far we've done successful parties for Fall & Winter. I think a Summer (or mid-year) party would round us out nicely. A June party sounds do-able.

Thanks for the topic, Heidi! O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »
I really like June for a party.  My calender should be pretty open for the first half of June for sure.  Toward the end of the month, I get busy because the 4th of July a huge family holiday. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 12:01:26 PM »
Yeah I was thinking if we did one in June that early June (or first half of June) would be better.

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 12:31:52 PM »
As Daniel said "if memory serves me"  the initial events were what we called homegrown meaning the stampers did all the work. No different than now but there we took a backseat to seeing management totally plan challenges and provide lots of prizes for scrapping events.  Then a national event did come along where local scrapbook stores hosted "make-it" stamping events on a specific annual date. Online businesses also had challenges and there was a national coordinating team of companies who also hosted challenges.  I recall that one since I won a very nice prize Lol. 

Anyways the national event continues quietly but the name has always been slightly different from ours. I don't think we have any worries about the name and certainly I do not feel we need to continue using it.  The international part of the event name came from 2 peas stampers wanting recognition for the large range and number of international stampers participating.

I like have a long term calendar plan for the events.  The beginning of June is currently open for me to play.

Thanks for posting this thread Heidi!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 01:23:26 PM »
I am the least attached to the name Worldwide Stamping Week as I am to any of the names.  However, I wonder if it would generate search engine hits to help grow our community.  While I do not think we NEED to grow, I think we should be mindful that being an open and helpful community is one of our best traits! 

I think we can think of the name now or later, but setting the date sooner rather than later is more of an issue (for me) for planning purposes.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 09:57:40 AM »
I am good with any name. The first of June sounds good to me too. I love our Fests! I learn so much and it makes me go outside my box to be more creative. ;D

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 10:03:26 AM »
It sounds like most of us can do beginning of June.  I hear no negatives on that yet, at least.

So does Saturday May 30 or Saturday June 6 sound like a better start date? 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »
I'd say go for a June start to avoid conflict with Memorial Day, Heidi.
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »

Memorial day is 5/25. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 11:55:36 AM »

Memorial day is 5/25.

True, Heidi. But that's when the Government does 'MD'. Lots of folk still use May 30 as the Summer benchmark.

That said, I'm cool with whatever the majority chooses for a party dates. ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 12:03:31 PM »
That is a fair reason, Daniel.  :)

What about everyone else?  I am cool with either. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »
I think either will work for me....will one date be more "in the middle" before the next festival?---wasn't sure if that helps any in deciding (I know, it's a week difference).