Author Topic: AIR15 Chatty Game - Interview  (Read 12140 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: AIR15 Chatty Game - Interview
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 08:59:00 AM »
I'm a fussy cutter.  I have actually tried buying a die that matches a stamp yet, mostly because I feel I could spend my crafty money better on more versatile items.

Do you prefer wood mounted, clear or cling stamps?
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 09:09:33 AM »
Oh Sarah response your response to the die vs fussy cutting question was the same as mine and well said...And faster LOL!

Type of stamps-each as advantage. I dislike they take different storage.  But my decision is always based on finding a great image not the material it is made from.

Next Question-What is one of your most favorite creative ways to use a die?

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 10:11:18 AM »
My favorite creative way to use a die is just to cut something other than paper ... as in your AI series Jan, where I die cut and inked flowers from soda cans.

What is the largest stamping project you have embarked on?  I ask, because I'm in the middle of mine ... making my daughter's wedding invitations.  Woah!  That's why I haven't been around much lately.  Is it large in size or large in number?
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »
I've done some pretty large sets of card for OWH (one year I donated 1200 cards between July and October).  And currently I'm working on the 7 piece wall art set for my office that is combing stamping and stenciling and mix media stuff.  So I'm not sure which is the largest.  One is large in number and the other is large in size.

What are you working on right now?
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 09:24:51 PM »
I have been working on a technique I saw online where you are SUPPOSED to stamp on kraft card stock and then white emboss. Then you you go around part of the edges with a water based marker then use your water brush to pull the ink inside the area for color. Anyway, I tried several types of kraft card stock, but my colors were not showing up beautiful like hers! So, I ended up using a light tan card stock that was very smooth and it worked. I had a lot of frustration, but now I know it was the card stock that was the problem!  :-\

What colors are you more prone to use on your cards?

Stampwilly

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 07:01:50 PM »
I am definitely prone to using blue and green.

Stampwilly, I wonder why the technique did not work on your kraft!  I wonder if it only worked on a certain brand of kraft?

Next question:

How many ink pads do you have?
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2015, 09:27:03 PM »
Heidi, I suppose it was a certain kind of kraft card stock that she did not mention.

I have way too many stamp pads to count! Many die based ones, quite a few pigment ink ones and some chalk pads. Not counting multi-colored ink pads.

At what time of day do you do most of your stamping?

Stampwilly

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 10:35:50 AM »
I prefer to stamp early morning and if that is to busy it would be late at night.

How much time do you try to stamp/create?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:41:55 PM by Far North »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2015, 03:52:55 PM »
I tend to spend a good chunk of my weekends crafting and not so much time during the week.  Probably around 12 hours a week.  Although I haven't done any crafting today. 

What is your biggest pet peeve when stamping?
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2015, 07:44:42 PM »
Jan and Sarah, it seems you two posted about the same time, so I will answer both questions.

I try to craft most every day at least a little.

My pet peeve is being interrupted when I am in the middle of a project. I lose my train of thought and feel disconnected when I return to it.

new question -- Does you do any scrapbooking? If you do, do you use stamps in them?

Stampwilly

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2015, 09:20:31 PM »
I actually started stamping for a scrapbook, which is still not finished, and then shifted to cards.  So, sorta, since I've yet to actually finish a single scrapbook.   ;D

Do you have a blog?
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2015, 03:29:53 AM »
Yes my posts on my blog Far North Designs dates back to 2007 but I actually think I lost some earlier years when I had computer issues.  I appreciate the several Artsy Inkers -Cindi,Heidi, Sarah, Connie and April :smitten:who stopped by this week and left comments on my current post of a collage work from gathered yard and garden materials. 

Do you have a favorite magazine that you often purchase or a recent resource book you have purchased? Briefly describe what you like about it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:55:35 AM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2015, 09:33:14 AM »
I often purchase CardMaker magazine because it is available in the grocery store and they give a small discount on all their magazines.  It has mostly on-trend and modern or C&S cards.  I enjoy looking through it, but I am looking for ideas of a really great magazine that maybe has more techniques in it that I can try.  Anyone?

New question:

Will you be participating in Hangover week?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »
Possibly,  I've got a couple of ideas for the z fold card that I don't think I will get finished today.  Hopefully I will get them done during the hangover week.

When you were a kid did you prefer to color with markers or crayons?
Sarah

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2015, 11:54:06 AM »
...When you were a kid did you prefer to color with markers or crayons?

No contest--Crayons! 'Sides, when I was a kid markers weren't invented. Even paper was a brand new invention.  ::) ;D

Allowing for the fact that 'satisfaction' is rarely a part of any artist's vocabulary, what satisfies you as a creative person?
Daniel