Author Topic: *** World Cardmaking Day! Saturday, October 3, 2015 ***  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
*** World Cardmaking Day! Saturday, October 3, 2015 ***
« on: October 03, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
Happy World Cardmaking Day!

Are you cardmaking today?  I sure hope to make at least one card.

In honor of World Cardmaking Day, if you make a card from scratch and link it here, today, I will send out a RAK from my stash to one person chosen at random.
Your name will be entered once for each card linked.

Have you found any World Cardmaking Day festivities on line?  Any good sales?  Where are you looking for inspiration?  Please share!
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: *** World Cardmaking Day! Saturday, October 3, 2015 ***
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »
Happy World Cardmaking Day!

Thanks Cindi for the motivator to make a card today!  I am certainly going to give it a try!  Last Sunday I began playing with Sandy Allnock's free week long classes of Going for the Gold. using gold products to make Holiday Cards.  Unfortunately my week shut down with the power outage and now waiting for the well repair guy to arrive...I just haven't been able to get past my 1st day 1 card...so would love to do more.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »
I hope to finish something!  Thanks for the incentive!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 02:54:27 PM »
Jan, thanks for the link to "Go for the Gold"!  I definitely want to give some of those techniques a try, and I know I have some gold products that need to come out and play!

I hope you get a chance to make something Heidi :)

Please feel free to combine today's World Card Making Day challenge with any other challenge that allows combos.
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 03:37:43 PM »
Thanks for hosting a challenge, Cindi!

I've been working on some cards with a poinsettia stamp I got recently. I embossed it with liquid platinum EP and have 2 water colored so far. I'm not really liking my results so far :-\
One I've done just white the other I colored with gold perfect pearls. I'm going to do a red one next. Hopefully it will turn out better!
LeighAnn

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »
I am back from fall festival and some shopping so I am headed in my room, thought I would check in here first just incase there were some challenges :)

I got an email from ODBD they are giving $5 off an order of $10 or more if you use the code WORLD in the discount code box. But that's all I have for you, well I am off to see what I come up with, hope everyone else gets some time to play today

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 04:25:58 PM »
Connie, you enabler!  lol. I am going to check out ODBS. 

I started something but it requires some drying time. 

LeighAnn, I hope you come up with something that you are happy with. 

I haven't had too much luck with the Go for the Gold challenges. I guess I don't have too many gold things, although I should check today for updates.  I do have gold EP and I have Inka Gold and gold Perfect Pearls. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 04:45:28 PM »
Heidi-I believe one focused on Inka Gold...it is a round card .   I don't think yout have to use the exact products...and only say the part of the card for the inspiration.  Be sure to identify which days card you used.

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 05:19:18 PM »
I actually made a card for World Cardmaking Day.  It actually uses gold products.  It also has absolutely no stamping on it. 

Thank you for looking.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 06:17:32 PM »
Here is my one and only card for today, after I finished this one I am just too tired for anymore, I usually only have enough in me for one card a day anymore.

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=1999#top_display_media

Hope the rest of you get a chance to play!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »
Thanks for letting me know more about the Gold challenges. I still haven't had time to look at them further as I was trying to get this card done for this challenge.

I saw a tutorial on pinterest regarding a Mother of Pearl technique.  I had recently purchased this Gold Iridescent Pearl paint and thought I would try substituting that.  It was a fast and easy technique, and I can imagine using it with many colors to make it look more like the real mother of pearl. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2000#top_display_media

Thanks for this challenge. I am not sure I would have gotten anything done without it!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:30:36 PM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »
i managed to get one completed! I had high hopes for getting 4-5 done. Oh well.

I love the cards ive seen today!

Here's mine- it doesn't show up in the photo but I added some rock candy sticklers over the flower.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?pid=2001

I tried coloring one with gold perfect pearls but didn't like how the coloring turned out. Now I'm working on a red one.

LeighAnn

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2015, 09:20:35 AM »
Thanks for participating, with cards, or just by sharing links or comments!  I needed people to play with on World Card Making Day!

I'm sorry to say, I pooped out on my own party!  I stamped and colored two focal images and that's as far as I got.  I had a really indecisive day Saturday.  I really wanted to make something, but just couldn't decide where to start.  Did three loads of laundry instead.  Lame for WCMD!

Sorry for the delay in selecting a winner.  Yesterday we went out of town all day.  Drove 2 hours to Orlando and 2 back home to see my brother in law and his family down from NY.  We had fun with them and their kids.

This morning I put all the names of cardmakers in a hat ...
and the winner is
Sadie!

I will get a little RAK to you ASAP!

Thanks so much for playing everyone.

And if you made it this far ...
I'm just catching up on email, and found this offer from Kiwi Lane Designs :
15% off cardmaking templates.  Includes Card Borders, Card Fun Borders, and Tiny Accessory Sets.  Ends today (Monday).  Free shipping on orders over $35.

Kiwi Lane Designs
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:36:17 AM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2015, 12:14:09 PM »
Congrats Sadie!

Thanks for hosting Iring, it was fun for me.  If you finish a card with your stamped images, why not post them here so we see what you did that day ?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2015, 09:05:35 AM »
Ok, as soon as I finish ...
Cindi