Author Topic: My Monthly Hero ... anyone know what it costs? are you getting one?  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
Does anyone know what the new My Monthly Hero kit costs, from Hero Arts? 
They had a blog hop, using the set, but I saw no mention of cost.  It went on sale today at noon, but Sandy Allnock said on her site that so many people shopped at once, it brought Hero Arts' internet site down.

What do you think of the set?
Do you think you will purchase it?  If you can even get it?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: My Monthly Hero ... anyone know what it costs? are you getting one?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 01:45:20 PM »
I still can't get on the Hero Arts site!  I do want to know exactly what is in it (I saw stamps and dies that match plus inks) and how much it costs!

I guess there was a big market for this!  And Hero Arts is such a big name in stamping.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:49:37 PM »
Okay, I finally got on. 

It includes a clear stamp set, 5 ink cubes, the coordinating dies.  It cost $29.99 and it is still in stock.

I am on the fence for this. I thought it might include some paper or something.  It is something I would like and a decent value, but I am not sure.

It does not state how big the stamp set is.
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »
Well, it now says it is out of stock. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:24:50 PM »
Guess that makes the decision easy!
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:17:35 AM »
Heidi, I looked today and it says the monthly kit is out of stock but gives you an option to be put on a wait list. ??  I thought when they were gone, they were gone?  They also have a few other color layering sets for Christmas ...
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 09:19:04 AM »
Heidi, I looked today and it says the monthly kit is out of stock but gives you an option to be put on a wait list. ??  I thought when they were gone, they were gone?  They also have a few other color layering sets for Christmas ...

Yes, I saw that too. I am really not sure what is going on there.

Did you think it was a good deal?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 10:52:40 AM »
I looked at buying this set for a gift but it seems to be pretty close to the same price as the individual pieces.  I compared it to Kelly’s Yeti stamp and frame set which is $15 with 1 less die. The inks are 4 for $10 in their current sets-this one has 5, and stamp wise there probably are several more itsy bitsy more stamps in the monthly kit…so I feel it is about equal value as their individual products at full cost.  I decided to make my own kit.

Last summer I tried to buy some HA framelits but they went out of stock and it took about 6 weeks to become available again…hope they can do that faster this time. 

...Jan
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:00:24 AM by Far North »

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 09:45:37 AM »
It looks like they have reopened the kit for orders today. I love the stamp set and I think It's an okay value but I'm gonna pass on it. I've bought too many stamps lately!
LeighAnn