Author Topic: Paper crafting businesses  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Paper crafting businesses
« on: December 05, 2015, 02:24:34 PM »
1.  Paper crafting business owners are beginning to talk about preparing for CHA.  The 1916 Winter show is January 10-13. That feels a tad early to me…or am I running late with Christmas prep?

2..I saw at Michael’s several holiday stamp sets on sale-60% off including HA stamps and dies (in a separate holiday section in front of paper crafting rows).  I was surprised to see a couple sets from Artsy Impression-the funny ladies only (I don’t recall them selling that brand previously).  I found it interesting that all these sets were labeled and packaged similarly except for the company name…wonder why/how that was done.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Paper crafting businesses
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 03:01:08 PM »
I know that CHA was in January but I don't remember what time of month.

Michaels has carried some Art Impressions stamps over the last year.  They also are carrying more Stampendous, which is nice. AC Moore also has a small number of woodblock Art Impressions with their Hampton Arts stamps. I wonder if this is part of some small partnership between the two brands. 

I haven't been to Michaels in a while.  Last year I got some Christmas stamps marked 90% off.  I can't imagine I will be so lucky again this year!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 10:06:23 PM »
Art Impressionshas some stamp sets sold exclusively at Michaels, licensed through Hampton Arts.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »
I saw the cute AI clear Christmas stamp set at Michaels today.  Very cute. I also noticed that a huge portion of the Martha Stewart papercraft section was on clearance.  Not everything, but it did look like they were going to update that section. 

Talking about papercraft businesses, I feel like we continue to have attrition with stores closing.  Top Dog dies is closing after only two years.  They say that is due to electronic die cutters.  Also, Stamp and Create online store is closing. 
~~Heidi~~