Author Topic: Whatcha working on?  (Read 8417 times)

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
Re: Whatcha working on?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »
Sadie - I love the West Wing.  Have you watched Aaron Sorkin's The Newsroom?  In my house, when it gets cold, I usually have 2 dogs and a cat piled on me. The upside, is that it helps keep me warm.  And Dashiell is not an itty bitty dog, he's about 30 lbs, not as bad as 65 but definitely not a lap dog.

I need to get off the computer and back to my craft desk.  I have a few more things I want to finish tonight.
Sarah

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
Sarah, your pets sure do like you!  I am not sure I could have colored like that at all!   

We have just started watching the second season of the Newsroom. 

Sadie I have felt that way about tv shows ending also. 

Kathy, glad to see you here!

~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 08:02:58 PM »
I did Heidi's impress challenge, it took 3 tries before I got it right, while that was drying, I did the negative die challenge, so I have two more cards done for February birthdays :) it's too dark to get good pics, so I will take pictures tomorrow after I get home from church

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 06:29:03 PM »
Everyone has posted so many great cards in the gallery!  Great start to Winterfest!

I managed to get a card done today for LeighAnn's challenge.  I will take a photo and post it tomorrow with daylight.

I have not decided what to work on next. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 09:09:02 PM »
I spent most of the afternoon working on the Valentine surprise, and then realized that the title actually meant the card needed to be a valentine card......LOL.  Started again and got one done.  I think I am probably done for today.  I need to decide which cards I am doing which days so I have a plan for the work week. 

Craft Nerd, no I haven't seen that show.  I am still morning the end of West Wing for this year.  I always get teary when all the good guys leave the white house in the last episode.  It's not like I haven't seen it before.....LOL!

We had a good Funday Sunday lunch.  The daughter texted last night and said she was bringing a cake for lunch, I answered her with "ok, thanks".  This morning after I got up and had coffee I realized that today would be the Sunday for our anniversary lunch......no wonder someone else was bringing the cake, and it was a good thing she did because I didn't bake one for today.

I am going to go look at the rest of the challenges again and see if I can come up with a plan.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 09:14:01 PM »
I spent most of the afternoon working on the Valentine surprise, and then realized that the title actually meant the card needed to be a valentine card......LOL.
  Oops!  Haha!  I've done stuff like that before!  Can't wait to see your Surprise!

Thanks for the pics Sarah!  This weekend a warm lap dog might be nice!  Our dog is about 53 lbs.  She jumps up and puts her paws in my lap.

I feel like the slowest stamper ever! 

Today I added some stamping in embossing paste to a background piece I had for a start to the Impress Me challenge.  I finished the Standing Tall challenge.  Woo Hoo!  And I think that's it.  I started with a huge mess in my craft room and now there is a big mess in the kitchen too.  ::)  I think I'd better do some picking up before I start anything else. 

I almost started your 3 in 1 challenge.  I was going to combine it with Standing Tall, but it seemed like it was complicating it so I decided to do Standing Tall on it's own.  I stamped on printed paper, but not really enough to alter it.  I'll try again.

I'm kind of anxious to try Looser's casting call soon.

Oh, and I take that back about the dog ... she just hopped up in my husband's lap! 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:15:51 PM by Iring »
Cindi

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 03:49:35 AM »
This evening I corrected my inside, outside and a surprise tutorial on my the blog.  Thankfully Sarah caught a 1/2" typing error on the posting of the matchbox drawer length. Now it should be good for all the other players ...thanks Sarah!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 12:05:40 PM »
Thanks Jan and Sarah!  I'm hoping to try the matchbox sometime this week.

Right now my coffee filter is sitting out to dry so I can maybe use it in a trash card for Utah Ann's challenge.  Instead of rinsing it out, and losing some of the color I'm hoping once it dries I can just brush off the last of the coffee grounds.
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 01:46:15 PM »
I have finished 2 challenges now that I just posted Craft Nerd's 3 in 1. 

I might work on the tower card next.

Sadie, Happy Anniversary!  You have a very good attitude about having to restart your project again. 

Iring, that is fun that you are spreading out your craft stuff to the kitchen too!   ;D Actually, I do all my heat embossing in the kitchen on my flat glass stove top. I figure that is much more heat safe than my regular craft space, and I don't have a plug there. 

Jan, thanks for writing such a good detailed instruction for your challenge! 

We take our trash out on Tuesday nights, so I should really try to sift through the recycle bin before then. 

We are having spaghetti and meatballs tonight because it is easy.  Hope you are all doing well!
~~Heidi~~

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 07:30:46 PM »
Hi all!

Still haven't quite finished anything, but I have a 3 in 1 and an inside outside surprize going. Next I want to do the EFInk and I am not sure what else! Still need to post the picture of my desk before!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 08:12:53 PM »
Heidi's got the right idea!  We need easy dinners during Winterfest!  I went grocery shopping today and got ingredients for quite a few crockpot and soup and salad meals.  I'm off to check the gallery and will also check to see if the Bingo words have been posted!
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 08:34:24 PM »
I've got a project finished for all of the challenges except the inside, outside, surprise.  That one is still in the works.  I just need to post pictures.  And I'm hoping to make a couple of more projects before the fest is over. 
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 01:00:05 PM »
I am getting ready to do the surprise your valentine challenge and then I will be finished! All the challenges have been great!

April :smile:

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »
Sadie, I was watching the West Wing too! One of my favorites and one of the few boxed sets we own. I always have to have something on while I'm crafting!

I've managed to finish 3 cards but haven't got a chance to post any yet. I have a 4th one drying and I need to recreate my tower card. I needed to make a birthday card to send out and put it in the mail before I photographed it  ::).

We are having leftover chili tonight. I told DH to expect a lot of easy or crockpot meals for a while since the fest was going on plus I'm having fun checking out the new Cricut. That part is all his fault  ;D

I hope to work on Jans challenge later this evening.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 04:04:10 PM »
I do not have anything in the works right now.  Yesterday a friend came over to make cards, and since she is a beginner, I spend most of the time helping her make two cards she wanted to, and then I did some stuff with her scraps.  The fun thing is that I made something I liked and then she gave me a fun idea on how to turn that same card into a Christmas card!  So I am in the middle of making two Christmas cards today. 

I will work on some more projects for Winterfest too. I found some more glue sticks today in a drawer, which is good because I let the scouts borrow my glue gun and they used up all the glue sticks I sent with it!  I want to do Daniel's casting/molding challenge with that. 

LeighAnn, that is fun that you are having time to craft and work with your new circuit!  Tonight we are having leftovers, and tomorrow we will have more crock pot, so I am going with easy meals too.

Stampwilly and CraftNerd, that is great that you are nearly done with the challenges!  Way to go!

Looking forward to Bingo tonight!  It is getting exciting!
~~Heidi~~