Author Topic: INK16 Chatty Interview  (Read 3698 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
INK16 Chatty Interview
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
I think reading the answers to these questions are fun. Some of these questions you will have seen before, but some I will try to have new!

1) What was your last crafty purchase?

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye?

3) What ink type do you use the most? Pigment/Dye/Chalk, what brand?

4) Coloring is soooooooo popular right now, even though stampers have been doing this for a while!  Do you find coloring relaxing?  What is your favorite coloring medium?

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month?

6) What question do you have for the Artsy Inkers?
~~Heidi~~

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Re: INK16 Chatty Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »
1) What was your last crafty purchase?  Our local Michael's had a fire about 8 weeks ago. Although it was not very large they reported they had a lot of smoke damage.  So the corporate folks decided to do some remodeling at the same time.  Although they have had a banner up for the last 2 weeks saying reopening soon their are no rumors of when that will be.  So in the meantime I am anxious to see some of the new holiday products in person.  My last purchase was some stencils from the Simon Says Stamp line. 

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye?  I keep looking but I am seeing much higher prices on individual stamp prices.  I know it can cost more for a small business but when I already have somewhat similiar stamps I can't justify the cost.

3) What ink type do you use the most? Pigment/Dye/Chalk, what brand?--distress dye inks...and some of most each of the distress products. It is only occasionally that I other types of inks.

4) Coloring is soooooooo popular right now, even though stampers have been doing this for a while!  Do you find coloring relaxing? What is your favorite coloring medium? Okay, I know I am one of only a few who does not find coloring relaxing at all...in fact it makes me very tense.  I usually substitute some inking technique for coloring in small spaces.

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month?  I mailed 5 cards this month. Some years I actually keep a written list of who I sent to each month. It is fun to actually see a number of how many are sent.

What are your top 5 largest collection themes of stamps? In size order if possible.  Mine are flowers;  Alaskana; Winged things-birds, butterflies, dragonflies;  Trees and foliage;  Snowflakes.

Fun questions! Thanks for the changes Heidi!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 12:04:02 PM by Far North »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »
1) What was your last crafty purchase? Addicted to Rubber Stamps is going out of business again.  And I picked up a Stamping Bella stamp with a girl dressed like a chick, a set of Memory Box Distressed Holiday Collage Dies, and Stampendous Woodsy Stack (its one of those sets with interchangeable bodies and heads for woodland critters)

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye? I haven't bought from a new company this year, but last year I bought stamps from Altenew, Power Poppy and WPlus9, which were all new to me.  I agree with Jan that stamp prices seem to be rising.

3) What ink type do you use the most? Pigment/Dye/Chalk, what brand? I probably use Memento dye ink the most because Copics are my go to for coloring.  But I prefer how Versafine pigment ink stamps.

4) Coloring is soooooooo popular right now, even though stampers have been doing this for a while!  Do you find coloring relaxing?  What is your favorite coloring medium? I do find it relaxing.  Copics are my go to but I really love watercoloring.

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month? I haven't mailed any but I distributed 19 cards at work for fall.

Jan's Question: What are your top 5 largest collection themes of stamps? Number one would have to be Christmas, Halloween, Flowers (although flowers might be ahead of Halloween), sentiments (even though I don't use them much), and pumpkins & fall stamps.

Do your hands end up covered in ink when you craft?  My hands are always a mess.  I even get ink on my hands when I'm coloring with my Copics. 
Sarah

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »
1) What was your last crafty purchase?  I broke down and got a Big Shot.

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye?
No I haven't but stamp show is next month and I might there.

Pigment mostly and then distress inks

4) Coloring is soooooooo popular right now, even though stampers have been doing this for a while!  Do you find coloring relaxing?  What is your favorite coloring medium?
I am using my newer Inktense pencils and watercolor cakes

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month?  12 but will be more his month with Halloween
It will be double that amount.  I have to keep the post office making money.

6) What question do you have for the Artsy Inkers? My question is have any of you bought a foiling machine?

Answer to Jan's question is Balloon stamps, bunny, flower, Christmas, birthday stamps.
I wouldn't have said Christmas till I got them out and they cover my table.
Born on the fourth of July

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 03:23:09 PM »
1) What was your last crafty purchase?  Just ordered from Dies R us, got to get my money's worth from being on the design team :)

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye? My stamp store starting selling Poppy Stamps and I bought two from them and then a couple weekends ago they had a deal on digi stamps so I bought more then

3) What ink type do you use the most? Pigment/Dye/Chalk, what brand?Use memento the most to stamp and then use the distress line for shading and watercoloring

4) Coloring is soooooooo popular right now, even though stampers have been doing this for a while!  Do you find coloring relaxing?  What is your favorite coloring medium? I do find it relaxing, although I don't do as well as I would like, I am liking my results from Alcohol markers lately

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month? Oh wow I would say close to ten, between birthdays and sympathy cards

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
1) What was your last crafty purchase?   Today I bought a big sheet of pretty paper in a stamp store that came from Italy.

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye?     I don't buy many stamps anymore. I have way too many! But I did but 3 sets of the Altenew stamps this year because they are so different. I did see a new line of stamps today called Stickables. They were so cute!

3) What ink type do you use the most? Pigment/Dye/Chalk, what brand?   Dye -- Distress inks.

4) Coloring is soooooooo popular right now, even though stampers have been doing this for a while!  Do you find coloring relaxing?  What is your favorite coloring medium?    I do not like to color! I find it boring. I use my Spectrum Noir markers the most.

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month?  Three

6) What question do you have for the Artsy Inkers?   I can't think of one at the moment, but I might come back to it later!

Answer to Jan's question -- Flowers, Birds, Butterflies, Fall and Christmas

April :smile:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 04:11:49 PM by stampwilly »

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 06:27:54 PM »

1) What was your last crafty purchase?  I think the last stamping purchase was the crazy cats stamps and dies.  I bought some beads since then tho.

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye?  No I haven't, I have to agree that many of them are similar to what I already have and are too expensive.

3) What ink type do you use the most? Pigment/Dye/Chalk, what brand?  I use Ranger archival ink the most.

4) Coloring is soooooooo popular right now, even though stampers have been doing this for a while!  Do you find coloring relaxing?  What is your favorite coloring medium?  I do color in color books.  I use prismacolor colored pencils the most.  I also use watercolors too.

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month?  About a dozen.  I send a lot of sympathy cards, birthday cards, and anniversary cards.

6) What question do you have for the Artsy Inkers?  Does anyone use an electronic cutting machine on their cards?

Yankee's question....yes I have the Heidi Swapp 12" foiling machine.

Craft Nerd's question: Do your hands end up covered in ink when you craft?  Oh yes they do, I try and use a Ranger thingy to get the ink off, sometimes it comes off and sometimes it doesn't.

Far North's question: What are your top 5 largest collection themes of stamps?  I have Christmas, Halloween, Easter, Valentine's. and then it would be flowers.

You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 08:46:24 PM »
These are fun to read!

1) I last purchased an Art Impressions small clear Halloween set at AC Moore.  It is cute and I have used it several times this week.

(Craft Nerd, the Stampendous Woodsy stack sounds fun! I got the Spring stack stamps to use for kid birthdays and they are fun.)

2) There are so many stamp companies, I can't keep track of them all. I do think there are some that are more unique, but I am also slowing down on purchasing stamps.
(Note: Stampwilly, I won a stamp from Great Impressions Stickable Stamps and it just arrived today.  It is a different style!) (Yankee, that would be fun to go to a stamp show!)

3) I used to mostly use dye ink and I am shifting to using more pigment ink - both the Avery Elle and then Versafine.  This is partly because I started using the peg stamps and they look best to me with pigment ink, and because I like having the option of embossing. I sure have a lot of inks now! 

4) I do like coloring but I do not find it relaxing. I have started usingn spectrum noir markers and really like them, but I think I like watercolor pencil best.

5) The last month I think I have only sent out 7 cards, however, I will have a lot more this month for family birthdays and Halloween cards, and I have about 25 cards ready to send to charity.

Yankee, no I do not have a foiling machine, but I have had some luck with the laminator machine I already had.  I hear the foiling machines work better though.

Craft Nerd, I often get ink all over myself when I craft, especially alcohol ink. 

Far North, My stamp collection includes Flowers, Christmas, Fall, Birds and Cutesy/Birthday images.

~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 11:17:36 PM »
1) What was your last crafty purchase?
I made two biggish purchases when Michael's had a really good sale with an extra 20% off coupon.  I used wedding crafting to justify them, ha!  Like I need an excuse!  I did use them both and I like them both.  I bought the new Fiskars trimmer with the metal rail instead of the wire.  I'm liking it.  I also got a Scotch ATG gun and I'm really liking that too.  We were going through tape runners really fast on the invites.  I used it on invites and I also used it to glue the envelopes shut rather than licking or moistening the flaps with a sponge.  When I mailed myself a test invite (pre ATG gun)  it came back with the flap open!  I had been resisting the ATG because of the size, but I got used to it really fast and it is pretty light weight.

2) There seem to be so many NEW stamp companies popping up.  Have you purchased anything from these new (to you) companies and what one catches your eye?  No, can't think of any.  I've debated some of the Altenew layering stamps but I haven't bought yet.  There are some really cute stamps out there, but I have stamps I haven't inked yet so I've been resisting.

Versafine Onyx Black.  I just ordered some SU White Craft ink.  I read a review saying it's a good, bright white on dark paper ... hope so!
On the wedding invites I used a new (at least that's what the package says) Colorbox Chalk ink that says Archival on it, in Huckleberry.  It was a good plum match to the bridesmaids dresses.

I have to be in the mood to color, sometimes I have more patience for it than others.  I like prismacolor pencils.

5) How many of your cards have you sent out in the last month?
I was feeling bad about this question, because I missed a few occasions that I should have sent cards for ... guilty.  But then I remembered, hey, I mailed 108 wedding invitations this month!  WooHoo!   They are out the door.  I'm sure you're as glad as I am so I can stop talking about them!  Other than that, I think I only got one birthday card out.  Oh wait, a wedding card too!

Have you used any new or new to you, embellishments lately?

I hand glued Swarovski crystals to the wedding invites and to the wedding card I made today.  I found a good youtube video that helped.  I used GemTac adhesive in a Fineline applicator bottle and it went pretty quickly.

Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 11:26:44 PM »
Others questions :

Far North, I have too many to count, but I think have a lot of sentiments, Christmas, flowers and Halloween.

Craft Nerd, yes I get inky!  I use the Ranger craft scrubby.  I got a manicure for a wedding we attended today and that deterred me somewhat from Jan's spray ink warm up challenge!  That and I just plain ran out of time.

Yankee, I don't have a foil machine, but I did buy a laminator.  Haven't used it lately.

Carefree Sadie, I use a Silhouette Cameo and I love it!  I'd like to combine it with more stamping.  I know I can stamp and cut but I need more practice.
Cindi

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2016, 09:15:18 AM »
Update with other questions:

Yankee's question - nope, I don't have a foil machine

Sadie's question - yes, I have a silhouette cameo.  Not only do I use cut images on my cards and cut card bases (pop boxes, step cards), I've turned cut file into digital images that I can print and color.

Cindi - nope.  Although I use some smaller sequins than the ones I usually use recently.  And congrats on you ATG gun and your Fiskar trimmer, I've been using both for years and love them.  I usually order my tape for the ATG gun online from Framings Supplies because they seem to have the best price. 

Oh, and I forgot that I did buy a set of stamps from a new to me company recently - they are a set of layering poinsettias from JustRite Papercraft. I saw them used in a video on YouTube - I've got to stay way from YouTube.

Sarah

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 12:15:13 PM »
Thank you for the link Sarah. 
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 01:13:35 PM »
Sarah, I have been eyeing some of the JustRite background stamps, they have a huge variety of them.

Cindi's question: No, I can't say I have used any new embellishments.  I looked through the last couple months of cards and it is mostly enamel dots, rhinestones and pearls. 

What are some great embellishments I should be using? I feel like I could be using more.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 10:07:18 PM »
I had fun with the Swarovski flat back crystals.  I got them at Fusion Beads and I didn't think they were very expensive.  They have been on sale quite a bit.  The ones I chose were 48 crystals for $2.55.
Cindi