Author Topic: Welcome to Inktoberfest 2016 Chatting!  (Read 5252 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Welcome to Inktoberfest 2016 Chatting!
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 01:54:51 PM »
Today I have been working on Connie and Sarah's challenges.  I am making pretty good progress with those.  I started Jan's challenge, but my idea did not work, so I am going back to the drawing board on that. I do have a start on the Bingo extra challenge too.

So I am in progress with a lot of things but not done with anything, lol.

April, how exciting to meet your son's girlfriend, I hope that goes well!

Cindi, it sounds like you had a full weekend, but you are really moving now!

Hope we all have crafty days!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »
I was going to start Jan's challenge last night after I cut some stuff with my Silhouette but the stupid software was being twitchy.  And then when I finally started cutting, the new mat I bought was too sticky for the paper I used.  So I had issues getting the stuff off the mat.  By that point, I was so fed up, I just gave up and watched tv.

So tonight will be round two with my Silhouette.  Then hopefully I'll have time to get started on Jan's challenge.  And I need to post the cards I finished last weekend.
Sarah

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 09:57:11 PM »
Sarah good for you...I agree some times when I am having mechanical issues I it is best for me to just  stop and return at a later time.  Hope you do get back to making a card for my challenge. 

I think I have made at least 1 card for each challenge. But I still have 2 techniques from Tim's Creative Chemistry Class that I want start with a  polished stone background on Yupo.  So that is my plan for the weekend.

Hope to see more wonderful cards in the gallery!
...Jan

« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:22:46 AM by Far North »

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 09:25:43 AM »
My Silhouette was cooperating last night.  But then my computer's battery died, so I didn't quite get everything cut.  I really wish I had a better spot for my Silhouette - it is across the room from my laptop on the end of my craft desk.  Every time I go to use it, I have clear off my craft desk and bring my laptop over to it.   :(

I also managed to stamp the image's for my card for Jan's challenge.  I just need to color them and assemble the card.  So I should get that done today.  I need to work on April's challenge.  And I think I'm going to rework the first tree I did. 

But first I have to tidy my craft space.  It has gotten to the point where I loose things once I set them down. Twice last night I couldn't find something I had just used.   
Sarah

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 10:53:18 AM »
I know the feeling of losing things right in front of me! Sometimes I have to completely clean up and start anew so I won't be so frustrated. :-\

Just a note. I am leaving tomorrow on a trip to see the leaves and will be back late Tuesday. I think we will know the winner of BINGO tonight but I won't be able to announce the winners of my other 2 challenges until Wednesday. I will mail the RAKs at the end of the week.

April

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 08:27:53 PM »
Have a fun trip April.  I managed to get the foiled card done tonight but just too tired to start the last challenge, maybe I will be able to get to the last challenge tomorrow after church

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2016, 11:11:16 AM »
Hope folks have some time today to work on some more cards.  My 2nd chance challenge for using the backgrounds made during the warm-up challenge has 4 entries.  As well my Holiday Stylin challenge only has 2 entries.  My challenges will be open to midnight tonight-your time.
I will announce winners tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:36:25 PM by Far North »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »
Jan I am still planning on working on cards!  The only other thing I need to do today is go to the warehouse club to shop and get gas. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 12:55:27 PM »
I finished up my foil challenge today.  I'm glad I got the painting part done yesterday ... it took awhile for the paint to dry and required quite a few coats.  Jan, you are so lucky that your paint pen worked in just one coat!

Today I made a Spotty Dotty card from start to finish.  DH was out flying this morning so it's been all crafting for me!  I hope to keep on going.  I really want to tackle Jan and Connie's challenges.

What are you working on today?
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »
I got my Holiday Stylin card done and posted, and I have something drying for the the Warm up bonus, which I hope works out okay otherwise I would have ruined that background!  I have something I started for the Bingo bonus, but now I can't make heads or tails of what I would want to do with it.

Time is running out!  We shall see!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 07:40:36 AM »
I believe the only challenge I didn't manage to get done was Aprils use colors from Bingo challenge, not too bad for a busy week :)