Author Topic: Summer Fest 2019 - Kissing with a Twist -- WINNER ANNOUNCED!  (Read 2463 times)

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
Sorry that I am a little late and a dollar short! LOL! I have been quite busy this week and just didn't look at this post the last couple of days. It looks like a lot of us are doing some older things for our challenges and so am I!

I think most of us have done the "kissing" technique using our stamps. Please watch the Wendy Vecchi video below and she will show you kissing and a little twist on it too. You will need to go about half way into the video at 1.21 to see this technique. She "kisses" the stamp to a background and then uses the inked background to "kiss" to the stamp for a different look. There are pictures of the two looks that I made with leaves at the bottom of this post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6qLEbUgAYM

For this challenge, please make some stamped images using both methods of "kissing" as shown in the video. Try several different solid stamps. Pick one image and make a card with it.  Please use the heading SW 2019 Kissing as your heading when posting in the gallery and link your card here on this post so that we will not miss it. Also post all your images in the gallery that you played with and link them here to this post. Please do not combine with any other SW challenges since we don't have that many challenges. Looking forward in seeing what you do! Have fun! I will send an RAK to a randomly chosen winner!

At the bottom is also the card I made with one of my "kissed" images.

April

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 09:24:41 AM by stampwilly »

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Summer Fest 2019 - Kissing with a Twist
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 02:21:44 PM »
Great challenge, I enjoy doing the stamp kissing and will like trying it both ways. 

Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 09:32:33 AM »
Haven't thot about this technique in a long time! What fun. I'm also pleased that several of us are revisiting stuff we may not have used in some time.
I was a bit concerned about not having many solid image stamps  :tickedoff:, Then went "Doh"! ::) I have lots of craft foam! I can make my own solids or even buy some CF shapes to use as stamps!  O0
While CF is often quite as 'good' as rubber, it does well depending on how detailed the commercial stamp's design is...
And there is another kissing variation... You start with an image that isn't completely solid & 'kiss' it with a (usually) smaller detailed image.
i.e. a large leaf kissed by small snowflake(s).
Daniel

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »
Yes, Daniel. You do not have to use a background stamp like Wendy did. If any of you don't have good background stamps, you can use smaller stamps to kiss the stamp like Daniel said. But if you have background stamps, I would like to see the second method she shows by inking the bg stamp and kissing the solid stamp to it. Using fun foam shapes is a great idea if you don't have solid stamps.
Looking forward in seeing what you all do with this!

April :smile:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 09:40:27 AM by stampwilly »

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 12:35:48 PM »
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/albums/userpics/11227/659C598D-822D-4726-B514-713C98ADF176.jpeg

This was hard finding the correct blank stamp to use.
But I did it.  I don’t this the design shows much on the dark flowers, but boy does it on the light ones.
I put them on some backgrounds that I made with my new stencil brushes.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:37:53 PM by Yankee »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 07:11:46 AM »
Sheila, your cards are wonderful! I love seeing the 2 different looks. The colors on your cards are so pretty together. Thanks for doing the challenge!

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 09:20:34 PM »
I haven't done this technique in some time, I also don't have a large selection of solid stamp, off to watch the video

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 11:13:50 AM »
As I've been playing with stamp kissing, I was reminded of another form that can be fun to do.

Like the ones for April's challenge, you work with both a solid image & a BG stamp, but with this one you ink both stamps using different colors of ink and kiss them together. The result is that you can see the entire solid image with the BG image showing too. Depending on how much contrast between your colors, the look can be subtle to vivid.  ;)
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 11:52:05 AM »
As I've been playing with stamp kissing, I was reminded of another form that can be fun to do.

Like the ones for April's challenge, you work with both a solid image & a BG stamp, but with this one you ink both stamps using different colors of ink and kiss them together. The result is that you can see the entire solid image with the BG image showing too. Depending on how much contrast between your colors, the look can be subtle to vivid.  ;)

Daniel, I have been playing with this challenge this afternoon and that is exactly what I decided to do. It bothers me with some of the silhouettes that I can’t see the entire outline.  In another one, I tried coloring in the blank spots, which looks okay too.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
Heidi. I stuck with April's versions on mine, but as I shared in my comments in the upload, I did watermark versions of the solid on the card front. I may try using watermark ink & one color to see if this helps with the versions in the challenge.

It was fun returning to this technique, tho'
Daniel

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 12:02:27 PM »
Another challenge down. I actually did 3 forms of kissing. The two that April asks for and...K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, silly)  :laughhard:

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4530#top_display_media

Thanks for a chance to revisit this, April. O0
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
This may not qualify for the challenge.  I am going to try to post the photo of the one I haven’t used, also. 

http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=4531#top_display_media

For the one I didn’t use, I colored in the berries with green marker because it just looked a bit odd without those parts colored in around the edge. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 12:38:29 PM »
Heidi. I love the image you attsched! It looks like how they do the action-capture suits for CGI! ;D
Daniel

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »
Heidi. I love the image you attsched! It looks like how they do the action-capture suits for CGI! ;D

Thank you.  That is all the pattern from a mostly solid background stamp from Hero Arts.  I actually don’t use it often, but it works really well for the kissing!  The girl and dog are from Just for Fun.
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 01:30:31 PM »
Thank you, Sheila, Daniel and Heidi, for trying this challenge! I love all the cards and images I have seen. Great job!