Author Topic: Distress Abandoned Coral  (Read 3158 times)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Distress Abandoned Coral
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:33:01 AM »
http://rangerink.com/announcing-abandoned-coral/

What do you think? Which existing colors do you think it is closest to?
Will you buy it?

Any guesses for the new color for March?.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:42:40 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Distress Abandoned Coral
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
I wonder if it is close to Festive Berries? Or Ripe Persimmon???  I do not have those colors.

I like it!  I don't know why coral would be abandoned though...

I am saying maybe I will buy it!

MARCH???
I would like royal blue.  However, the new ranger dye ink pad blue ribbon color is a lovely royal blue!

I think the distress line is short on yellow and purple, so I think maybe one of those two is likely. 

« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 11:44:55 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 12:28:13 PM »
Fired Brick and Rusty Hinge?

Warm Lipstick and Ripe Persimmon?

I'll vote for Heidi's Royal Blue.  It seems that most of the blues are on the aqua side; I'd like to see a true blue.

Daria

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
I forgot about the release each month of a new color!  I really like the Abandoned Coral----though the name is odd to me..... 

Just this morning I was looking to see if I would want to get the Festive Berries, but I just cannot get myself to do it b/c it seems so similar to Barn Door---now that I see this coral color, I am going to hold off for it instead! 

To me the coral doesn't look similar to any of the other colors, but of course we'll have to wait until someone demos it and posts to see for sure.  Festive Berries is more along the line of fuchsia and Ripe Persimmons is a vivid orange, so maybe if you combined the two you'd get Abandoned Coral??   ???  I think it'd come out brighter than the coral though.

Salty Ocean is ~close~ to the Blue Ribbon dye ink----at least according to their computer swatches --- IRL it may not be. 

I agree that the line is definitely in purples!  I have a hard time with Milled Lavender ever showing up when I use it (same with Spun Sugar)---maybe b/c they are so light??  I really am thinking of getting the Shaded Lilac, though some examples look like a blue purple and the computer swatch looks like a grey purple.....I really would hope it's a blue purple since I don't think I have that color in any inks.

Here's someone's swatches they made of the distress inks and it includes the seasonal ones (which are now apart of the regular line): distress ink chart
~~Melissa :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 09:04:41 AM »
Tim Holtz provided a video with some comparisons.

http://timholtz.com/new-distress-abandoned-coral/

Thanks for the link to the distress chard.  I printed out the free one from Ranger yesterday to stamp the colors I have on it.  It really is helping me with my wish list of those inks.  I want Squeezed Lemonade, Gathered Twigs and Seedless Preserves.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:08:31 AM by howdyheidi »
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »
I love the color! At first glance, I thought it looked a lot like worn lipstick. After watching his video it was nice to see the comparisons.

Melissa, I don't have barn door but I do have festive berries and like it a lot.
I just recently got shaded lilac and really like it. It's a nice light shade of purple.

Heidi, I have seedless preserves and was surprised at how more of a pinkish purple it was. I would like some more purple shades and a more true blue would be nice.

I'm curious to what other colors they will add. I wonder if they will release some metallic ones? He has them in paints and stains but not ink pads yet.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:43:42 AM »
I have Barn door and I like it a lot.  It is a nice addition to my red, I just had Fired brick before. 

Tim did mention that Festive Berries has a blue undertone and that is what makes it differ from Barn Door.  To me, that isn't enough to have both. 

I am actually leaning more toward putting Picked Raspberry on my list before the new Abandoned Coral. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 01:45:43 PM »
Thanks for the link Heidi! 

Now I'm not so sure about the Coral---it does look a lot like the barn door I already have.   It was good to see all 4 together.

I really want to get the Shaded Lilac though after seeing it in the video.

I have Picked Raspeberry and I love love :smitten: the color!

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 09:31:23 PM »
I will probably get it at some point, but not sure that I will get a full size pad.

The more I see of the cracked pistachio, the more I like it. It seems to be a nice minty/aqua color.

Melissa, picked raspberries is one of my faves :smitten:. Such a pretty color and I think it worked well with lots of other distress inks too.
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:14 AM »
Oh I hope they come out with the minis for the new color, but I figure that wilt be for a while.  But I too might would get a mini in the colors that I think look similar to the ones I have.

I am liking the pistachio too---I just got the Evergreen Bough and really like it so I need to see how it differs--looks more minty to me maybe. 

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 09:47:47 AM »
Oh I hope they come out with the minis for the new color, but I figure that wilt be for a while.  But I too might would get a mini in the colors that I think look similar to the ones I have.

I am liking the pistachio too---I just got the Evergreen Bough and really like it so I need to see how it differs--looks more minty to me maybe.

I think in a CHA video I saw that they said a pack of 4 minis would be available after 4 months.

Now that I see the second color, I appreciate that the pistacio ink color is new and different than the others.  I haven't seen it compared to Evergreen bough but I wonder if Tim Holtz did a video on it or not.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 09:50:10 AM »
I was going to look again Heidi and see if Tim Holtz did a video on the Pistachio like what you showed with the Coral.

Oh that would be great if the first 4 new colors were packaged together!  I can really see myself getting that pack!

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 10:59:14 AM »
The minis are not coming out until four have been released and then they will be in a pack of four.  That is what Mr. Holtz said on one of the CHA 2015 demos he did.  He was kind of chuckling and said poor you if you only want the minis you have to wait.

I like the two new colors a lot.  They are like some of the other colors but different enough to make me want them.  The coral one is a different shade then the pinks or reds that are already in the distress inks.  I can see putting the two new colors together on a background and being really pretty.
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 09:42:01 AM »
I looked for a similar video on Pistachio but found none...

and who am I kidding....I know I will be getting the new colors in the minis IF (or when) they get into Michaels/Joanns/HobbyLobby.   ;D 

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »
Not having looked at the video yet, I would think the coral is a cross between picked raspberry and ripe persimmon.  I have and love both.

Melissa - the shaded lilac is a blue leaning purple, kinda like a periwinkle.  And I like it much better than milled lavender.

I think I may get the new coral because coral is one of my favorite colors.  Course that would mean that I would have to do a new color chart since the one I printed out about a year ago doesn't have a spot for it.   ;D

Heidi - I have squeezed lemonade and it is a nice bright yellow.  I've created some nice backgrounds combining it with ripe persimmon and picked raspberry. 
Sarah