Author Topic: Dove blender pen  (Read 1617 times)

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
Dove blender pen
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:31:20 AM »
I've seen this used recently on a couple of videos. I don't know much about it.

Does anyone have one and what coloring mediums does it work best for?

One video I watched, it was used with markers. The other with inktense pencils.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: Dove blender pen
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 07:39:03 AM »
I have one. I have used it with markers, dry chalks and a bit with pencils.  I have also used it to pick up smooshed ink from ink pads. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:52:42 AM »
Thanks, Heidi. It sounds like a good versatile tool. I think it works well with blending?

I may consider ordering one next time I do some shopping.
LeighAnn

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:38 AM »
I think it is a good tool to have for a low price.  I mostly have had success getting a dark to light blend of a single color. I also really think it is useful if you are coloring with chalks with the little pom poms, but need something to help you color a small area like a stem of a flower with the chalks.  I use it a little less now that I have the tombow markers because that comes with its own blender pen.  They don't seem to have the same solution in them, but I also don't know which is better. hth.
~~Heidi~~

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 09:24:33 AM »
I have the prisms color blender pen and I haven't used it in awhile.  I never thought about using with chalks!  I have to try that! Thanks Heidi and LeighAnn for the nudge....
~~Melissa :)

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
I have the Dove blender.  I think I've used it with markers, and as Heidi said, chalks.  I may have used it with pencils?  I can't remember ... I do have a blender pencil, and as mentioned a Tombow blender.  I think the Dove blender is a good investment.  I've had mine forever, and I when I bought it (at a stamp store) I was able to buy refill blending solution and extra nibs.
Cindi

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 04:34:22 PM »
Thanks everyone. I figure for the price it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. No stores near me carry it(at least I don't think I've seen it) so it's on my list next time I place an order.
LeighAnn