Author Topic: Stamps of Fashion Designs  (Read 1496 times)

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
Stamps of Fashion Designs
« on: March 09, 2015, 12:11:28 PM »
I saw this calendar at Hobby Lobby and I really liked the images: Barbie calendar

And I wanted to know has anyone seen any stamps that are in this same style of the calendar?   it's kind of like fashion design drawings.  I had to laugh when I saw that Sadie has a card in the gallery that is similar to what I am talking about. 

I'm going to do some searching online, but thought I'd ask y'all too.

~~Melissa :)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
Re: Stamps of Fashion Designs
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
LOL, Melissa! Your calendar share really takes me back to my childhood. Both my sisters had 'Barbies' as pre-teens & I designed & made a few outfits for them using bits of this & that. 

At one time I dreamed of being a fashion designer (Mr. Dan @ Sacks of the Bowery) & designed lots of costumes/fashions during my college years.

Far as seeking 'fashion' stamps? I haven't. But... Several years ago on Club Posh, I offered a challenge to fellow members to create fashions from their stamps. Dee (Grunig) provided some pics we could use as paper dolls & we stamped her a wardrobe full. Rather than using an 'outfit' stamp, we used parts of many stamps (not just Posh ones) & built out designs--casual > red carpet creations. Alas. I think I deleted all my entries from my files.
Daniel

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:47:45 AM »
That is really neat Daniel that you designed clothes for your sister's Barbies!  I have to admit that I had to look up what "Bowery" meant--didn't know it was a street in NY.   

Your challenge with creating fashion from stamps sounds so interesting and it also gives me some ideas as well as other search words to use online!!   O0  TY Daniel for that and for sharing your stories.   :smitten:

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »
Here is a link to Dyan Reaveley's Couture Collection of clear stamps, made by Ranger.

A little funkier than Barbie, but you might like them.  I found some in clearance at Joann's awhile back.
Cindi

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »
And here is Hero Arts "Sew Stylish" clear stamp set.  Looks like an old sewing pattern.  I know there are other sewing pattern stamps out there that might also give you the look you desire.
Cindi

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 10:21:18 AM »
Thanks Cinidi for all the links and helping to find "the look"---you are right that each portrays a different style!  And they are all neat!  These do give me an idea of what to look for and watch for!  TY!

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 12:50:43 PM »
Melissa,  oh this takes me back to a kid again! I had quite the Barbie collection! I also used to love the Barbie paper dolls. I would spend hours playing with those. I guess my love of paper started early!

HL has some of those Ranger Dyan Revelry sets. I have my eye on the mini one. I think they would be a lot of fun to play with!

I have one of the Prima doll stamps. Those kind of remind me of the calendar too. You might also enjoy some of the stamping Bella images.
LeighAnn

Offline yellowcherrios

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 12:57:32 PM »
Thanks LeighAnn for the recommendations too!  I will have to look them up!