Author Topic: Just FYI---Cling stamp does not mean same size as the wooden counterpart  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Looser

• Stampers
LOL, pal! That 'seal' is the cling--but you know that. ;)

Speaking of the foam used for cushions... That varies hugely from mfr. > mfr. regardless of whether the stamp is a cling or woodmount. Some foams can degrade quicker than others, but I can't provide specific examples for mfrs. whose foam doesn't last as long. A good foam will last as long as a good (rubber) die--decades rather than a few years.

So much for my digression from this fun conversation with you & Heidi (so far). ;D
Daniel

Offline Far North

• Stampers
Been there Daniel!  It indeed is frustrating after all these years that most stamp companies still do not provide information on the actual size of each stamp. And giving us the package size is generally a waste of everyone's time.  My most recent error was purchasing an alphabet set that had no measurements nor reference for size. My guess was an 8x8 package since the photo size was similar to other stamp sets that are familiar to me...this alpha set is huge for a card maker filling a 14x14 space.

It would be helpful if we were aware of which stamps companies present their stamps in different sizes.  There used to be lots of smaller companies that did this but not seeing that as much now.  I know Tim Holtz rubber cling sets full sheet tightly fill a 5.5x7 space but some of them are sold individually on wood at Stamper's Anonymous. Many of his sets are downsized to clear acrylics that are available at JoAnn's and Michaels. His line of architecture drawings confuse me...he has altered his full sheets to a few different sizes.

TFS!...Jan

Offline Looser

• Stampers
TFS, Jan!

Whether we're making purchase online or in a brick & mortar, we sometimes need to remind ourselves to ask questions about the stuff we're seeing. Any online store that doesn't have a good 'contact' option is one to be careful with. And with B&Ms? If the sales staff isn't willing to do more than say "I don't know" or "this is what we have", I'd try to find another store & let the owner know why. Consumers have clout, but only if they use it wisely & (of course) politely.

Far as the 'guessing' on the alpha set, Jan? LOL BTDT myself, pal. Sometimes I got lucky, but other times I kicked myself for not shopping 'smarter'.

With stamps? Size (often) matters! :laughhard:
Daniel

Offline lovepug2

• Stampers
This was interesting! I had placed an order a few weeks ago at Joanns and this stamp was on my order.When the order came, the stamp wasn't in it because it was out of stock.
I think I have seen it in a smaller set too, I think it has some journaling spots and things with it?

I hate when they don't have the stamp dimensions online. I've learned the hard way on that one before!

LeighAnn