Author Topic: AIR16 Copy Cat Challenge-Winner Announced  (Read 4973 times)

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
AIR16 Copy Cat Challenge-Winner Announced
« on: June 10, 2016, 10:33:46 PM »
I thought it might be fun to look back at the projects that are in our gallery from last's years AIR fest. 

So for this challenge you need to go back to the AIR 2015 gallery album and find a card you would like to copy.

Find the challenge that the card/project belongs to in the AIR 2015 challenges.

Then follow the directions for that challenge to make a card based on the one you liked from AIR2015.

After making the card upload it to the gallery with the keyword AIR16CC and explain how you made it in the gallery description area.

Come back here to this thread and post a link to your card in the gallery and then a link for the card you copied from the AIR2015 album in the gallery.  You can also post a link to the Challenge from the AIR2015 Challenges thread here.  Lots and lots of links.....LOL!

Any questions?  Ask them here and I will try to answer as best I can.  I will post my card from an AIR2015 Challenge later (after I make it....LOL)  I will randomly draw a name from the entries and send out a rak after AIR 2016 is over.....don't forget to have fun.

AND the winner (after nonscientifically drawing from a hat) is Craft Nerd.  I will send out a little something after I figure out what the little something might be..........LOL

Thank you very much for those (Howdyheidi, Yankee, Far North, Stampwilly, and Craft Nerd) who played along with this challenge.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 03:20:12 PM by CarefreeSadie »
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: AIR16 Copy Cat Challenge
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:53:53 AM »
This is a good idea.  I do not remember any cards at the moment, that were made a year ago.  It will be fun to look through them and get ideas!  Thanks for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 08:01:52 AM »
What a great idea for a challenge.  It will be so nice going back and seeing what we did last year.   Thanks for hosting.
Sarah

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 05:03:02 PM »
I found a very pretty card in the AIR15 album in the gallery and went to the Challenge that went with.  Craft Nerd's card is here.  The AIR15 Challenge is here.

My sample card for the Copy Cat Challenge is here.

Thank you for looking.......and I hope you also play along.

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 05:07:52 PM »
Oh my, I love your copy, Sadie, but I also am so glad you picked that card of Sarah's, because I never saw it last year!  I don't know how I missed it! 
~~Heidi~~

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
I had a lot of fun looking through last year's gallery.  One card stood out to me that I wanted to copy.  It was This one from Stampwilly using the challenge Back to Basics, where you were to use supplies that you used when you first started cardmaking.  I loved the layout she used and although I did not have the same supplies, I was able to use my own supplies to copy it. 

Here is my entry.

One thing I would say, I looked at Stampwilly's card, and then went off and made my own without consulting hers while I was working.  During that time I did forget a few things about her card, so it is not an exact match. I hope that is okay. 

Thanks so much for hosting!
~~Heidi~~

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 01:57:57 PM »
Heidi your card is wonderful.  The idea is not an exact copy but a similar card using whatever technique was in the original challenge.  There really is no right or wrong.  You did great.  Thank you for playing.

Offline Yankee

• Stampers
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 09:53:29 PM »
I copied Nora  S. Card under air15 clean and simple
It is a grad card.  The biggest difference is the gold mat, mine is sparkly.
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/index.php?cat=26
http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/thumbnails.php?album=80
I sure wish I could figure how to do the hiperlink on my iPad.  I can do everything else.
My son said it is just copy and paste, but it isn't.  As you can tell in the above.
Sorry I must be tired.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:55:14 PM by Yankee »
Born on the fourth of July

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
Yankee your card turned out wonderfully.  This card that Nora S did for the Clean and Simple AIR15 Challenge is also a great one to copy.  The clean and simple AIR15 seems to have produced several favorites. 

Thank you for playing along.

(I have a hard time with the copy and paste on my ipad too so very seldom use that function.  Sometimes the words show up after barely touching something and sometimes I touch it and touch it and touch it and can't get any response.  I am sure in my case it is user error)

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
Yankee, I think your copy and paste worked just fine, but you were on the wrong page when you copied.  You need to be on the page you want us to see.  Both your links just took me to the main page of the gallery and the main page of the AIR16 Gallery.

On the other hand, it could be the gremlins on this website because Sadie's link took me to the wrong card too.

I'm going to try; let's see:

Your Card

Nora's Card from AIR15

I checked, and both links worked for me.  Hopefully, they'll work for everyone.

Daria
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:33:25 AM by djc »

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 01:21:23 PM »
I completed a copy cat challenge card based on one of Stamp Willy's CAS cards from AIR15.   April's card can be seen here.
Thanks Sadie for the fun challenge!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:24:28 PM by Far North »

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 04:09:04 PM »
What a wonderful card you made.  I hadn't noticed the one Stampwilly made for AIR15 either so that's a double for me.  I like the box with the smooshed background a lot.  The lone bird is also lovely.  Thank you for joining in this challenge, Far North.

But yet I made a comment on Stampwilly's card last year, I am going to need to pay better attention to our cards in the gallery, there is all kinds of inspiration there.

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 02:22:07 PM »
Here is my copy cat card I made of Sarah's card last year. I needed to get going on my Christmas cards so this sure helped!

First here is her card   http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=80&pid=1657#top_display_media

now my card   http://www.duhnproductions.com/Pics/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pid=2741#top_display_media

link to the AIR15 challenge   http://duhnproductions.com/forum/index.php?topic=659.0

April :smile:

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 02:31:23 PM »
Oh my gosh Stampwilly your card is very pretty as is Craft Nerds from AIR15.  Thank you for joining this challenge.

Offline Craft Nerd

• Stampers
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »
I copied SWLady's card from the AIR15 CAS challenge.

Here's her card: SWLady's card

Here's my card: Snowflakes

The challenge: AIR 15 CAS
Sarah