Author Topic: challenge links going to the wrong photos  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Far North

• Stampers
challenge links going to the wrong photos
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »
I have been having problems with the 4 links in 3 of the challenge announcements since Saturday.  The photos links take me to photos of my own work.  I believe this occurred once before and I have been hoping it would corrected itself.  Sadie has verified that she believes it is not from her administrative side.  Does anyone have any ideas how it may be corrected?  Any one else still having photo issues?  Daria thanks for posting a link to Nora's photo that works for me.
 Thanks!
...Jan

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
Re: challenge links going to the wrong photos
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »
I have had this issue before, and I noticed that I have it less often when I use the link tool button instead of just copying and pasteing the link into the reply. The other think I do (and I don't know if it makes a difference) is that when I first upload my photo to the gallery, I then go to the home page, and click on my photo again in case the URL is different for the page when you do it that way.

However, that does not fix it all of the time.

I am not techy enough to really figure it out, but I wondered if when a user is logged into the site, if they URL they get in the gallery might have a marker that is different?
~~Heidi~~

Offline djc

• Stampers
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 03:08:18 PM »
It seems ramdon, and I've run into that problem several times since AIR16 started. 

Daria

Offline CarefreeSadie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 04:14:41 PM »
I have no idea what is going on with the links, sometimes they work correctly and then later the same links go to different things........there is no reason for it, except for those gremlins!  I did some looking on forums for this software and the software on the gallery and I could not find anything that would explain it.  All I can say is......surprise, you get to see more cards this way.  I guess as long as that is the worst that happens it isn't too bad, after all we are using free opensource software for all our stuff........
You know it's been a good day when I haven't released the flying monkeys.......

Offline Far North

• Stampers
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 04:26:40 PM »
Sadie's comment: "I guess as long as that is the worst that happens it isn't too bad'

Jan's response:  "Oh yes, all we have to do is think about all the times the 2 Peas board totally crashed.  We have alot to be thankful for here!  Thanks Sadie!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 04:30:25 PM »
Yes, I agree, it seems like someone is always able to correct the link when there is a problem, too.  :)
~~Heidi~~