Author Topic: Winterfest Chat  (Read 8726 times)

Offline SWLady

• Stampers
Re: Winterfest Chat
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »
These all look so fun! I am busy the next two days but am going to try and do some on Thursday!v   :smitten:

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 09:08:51 PM »
Great, Kathy! Glad to see you here.

April :smile:

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 10:12:14 PM »
I managed to get 4 examples of the wooden background done and have an idea for a card, started that but I had so many things came up while making it that I didn't get my card finished before I got too tired. Hopefully finish that tomorrow and get another started :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2018, 07:28:05 AM »
Good to see you, Kathy!

I feel like the cards are stacked against me.  Yesterday I had to finish a design team card that was half done so it is ready to get posted by tomorrow morning.  I have the dentist this morning and then babysitting in the afternoon.  Still hoping to get some time in today!   
~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2018, 07:34:48 AM »
I have posted the Bingo Twist challenge and everyone is invited to join in! Heidi, I hope you can find a little time to work on WF today. It worked out well for me because hubby went hunting in Alabama this week and I have the house to myself! :smile:

I had fun at my stamp meeting last night. The little box we made was so cute. It holds one piece of candy, but you can make it larger to hold more.

Have a good day everyone!

Offline Iring

• Stampers
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2018, 01:42:59 PM »
Welcome back Kathy! 

Heidi
babysitting in the afternoon
Get that kid to take a nap!  When my first daughter was an infant, I would have all my tole painting out and ready to go.  I put signs on the door, took the phone off the hook and pretty much threatened anyone who might wake her up, or cause the dog to bark!

April, thanks for opening up the Bingo Twist!  There are certainly lots of options on your list  :smitten:

I went to "Stamp Therapy" this morning.  They don't use strictly Stampin Up so they don't call it Stamp Camp.  We made a birthday card, a wedding/Valentine card (could go either way) and a Valentine box.  The box was one of SU's pizza style boxes.  It was a nice heavy box with a shiny, food proof inside.  We decorated with paper, a belly band, satin ribbon and tinsel ribbon.  It fit about 6 or 8 small wrapped chocolate bars or kisses, or 1 chocolate covered pretzel.

Yesterday it took me all day to fuss around with a card for CraftNerd's challenge.  To look at my finished card, and now to replicate it looks like it could be made in 10 minutes!  I wanted to heat emboss on chalkboard paper.  The paper comes in a 6x6 pad and has a little bit of a gritty texture.  I thought it would be perfect for chalk pencils, or even painted with distress oxide.  I was trying to color in the image, but everything just rubbed off.  Then the embossing started flaking off!  Ugh!  I finally gave up and went to heavy black cardstock.

I hope everyone gets some play time today!
Cindi

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2018, 08:14:58 PM »
OH, Cindi, I really did try to get her to nap!  She is 3 and was having no part in it.  Her mom told me to try a nap, and then when her dad picked her up, I asked how often she naps now and he said about 30% of the time.  If I had known that I would have given up on the nap sooner!  Lol.

I did get working on some of Aprils wooden backgrounds tonight.  I asked DH what it looked like and his first answer was “wood,” but he quickly added, “maybe cornstalks” to cover more bases! Lol.  I also started working in Sarah’s challenge.  It is harder than I thought!!

Cindi, your stamp therapy sounds fun!

April, will you be handing the candy out at the nursing home?

~~Heidi~~

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2018, 09:06:47 AM »
It is a very rainy day here today. I hope to work on the sketch challenge today.

Heidi, I remember nap time with my boys. I had one who fell asleep at the drop of a hat and slept over an hour and the other one slept about 1/2 hr. or less and really didn't sleep at all.

No, I won't be giving the candy from this project to the nursing home. The box takes awhile to make. Making 20 would take forever. I might have something I could cut out on my machine, though.

Hope you all have a good day!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2018, 05:20:49 PM »
Today was another busy day.  However, I nearly have two cards done for Sarah’s challenge, so that is good.  And I colored am image to go with a wooden background.  So still no finished projects, but I do have progress!

The weather here was awful.  Snow, freezing rain, sleet and then tons of rain.  You can’t go outside without getting your feet wet. I need some of those duck boots!

My craft area is a disaster, I may need to clean it up before trying anything else. 
~~Heidi~~

Offline Looser

• Stampers
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »
Heidi
I've heard from family & friends in Berwick that they had about 4 inches of snow before it changed to rain.
Greatest concern is turning to ice overnight.
Morning commute is concern
Daniel

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2018, 09:18:45 PM »
We had a little sleet and snow but they pretreated the roads so well that the commute ended up doing ok.  I can't get over how many pile ups around the country there have been, I so hate traveling this time of year.  Hubby surprised me with a trip we will take the weekend after Valentines day but at least we are going south, hopefully we won't run into any trouble

Offline stampwilly

• Stampers
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2018, 10:28:31 AM »
It is sunny and cooler here today. About what it should be this time of year here. Not looking foward to all the rain they are forecasting for the weekend. Tonight I am going out to eat at a steak house with my Sunday School class.

I made 2 cards yesterday to show my stamp club in March how to make. I will be posting it on the use it or loose it challenge since it has seguins on it.

Have a good day everyone!

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2018, 10:43:35 AM »
This morning I spent a couple hours mass producing a card design to send out Valentines by tomorrow.  Going to take DS to chick fil a for lunch and then try to do more crafting.  Probably have to get to the grocery store too.
~~Heidi~~

Offline Conniecrafter

• Stampers
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »
We have running around to do today also and then this evening and all day tomorrow I will be at the IF gathering at church, when I said this was an ok week I had forgot I signed up to go, but I will have some time on Sunday to try and finish up the two challenges I have remaining for the fest :)

Offline howdyheidi

• Stampers
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Today, I went to the grocery store and I still need to get to the Post Office.  I have 4 challenges left, and only two completed.  I need to get Connie’s challenge finished today. I might be able to work on one tomorrow, but I am having a small dinner party in the evening, so the rest will need to wait till Sunday! I don’t like last minute!  Yikes!

I hope everyone is having a good Winterfest.  Yesterday, all day was coverage of the Super Bowl parade (I know several people who went and froze all day) and tonight is the Olympics opening ceremony! (Although I guess it must have already happened!)

~~Heidi~~